Le'Cellier - How Difficult is it to get an ADR?

disney4life2008

Original Poster
I have made my mind that I want to give Le'Cellier a try in May 2010. How difficult is it to get an ADR? Would you suggest booking online or calling? Is it worth all the hoopla?

CAPTAIN HOOK

I've never dined there - but from all the fuss made on these boards, its highly rated. Regarding the difficulty of obtaining ADRs - somebody has to eat there and therefore got lucky - you've more chance of getting an ADR by booking at your 180 day mark AND being prepared to accept an "off peak" dining time.

Good Luck

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've had an ADR there every trip. I have phoned using the 180+10 [or 90+10] and used a TA to book both by phone and on-line. I think the most I've ever had to move my preferred time was an hour and I've always got the day I wanted.

Never had to call and try to squeeze into a cancellation except on a short-notice trip last February, when I'd planned on joining someone else but she ended up getting a new boyfriend [how inconsiderate is that!?!?!? :lookaroun] so I let her take him instead. I called a number of times without success, but given that it was for Valentine's Day, I wasn't really surprised. Then on Valentine's Day while I was at EPCOT, another couple I'd planned to meet couldn't make it and gave me their lunch ressie to R&C and their dinner ressie to Le Cellier! :king:

I think God loves Canadians, so he gets me in... :lookaroun

:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you try between day 185-190 you should not have much of a problem. Past that things can become a bit dicey. Naturally weekends and peak hours seem to fill up quickly. So far I have only had one client that I have not been able to get Le Cellier for and that ADR request was on a weekend.

ann0d

I did it 90 days out and had no problem, at first I didn't get the time I wanted, but I tried every day and eventually I got it.

I am having a harder time with Chef Mickey for dinner !!!! AND Tusker house for breakfast, got in but bad times.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Anybody ever tried to geti n with a group of 11? Is this a good choice for large groups?
Large groups can make it quite difficult. You will not be able to do a group any larger than 10 on line (you must call) and quite frequently you will have to break the group up into two or more parties.

petersenjp

As I have said previously, I must have extremely bad luck. For the last 4 trips in January, I had never been able to get a resy. This year was the first year I was able to get in...And my dining parties have always been 6 or less.

goofykt

I called on the first day possible at 7 am and was only able to get a 9 pm ressie for a party of 6. but then again, it was on a weekend (sunday). hate that we're eating so late and will miss illuminations, but i'll take what i can get...at least we got in!

disney4life2008

Original Poster
Twice as good as 90 + 10.:D

It is the name put onto Disney's resort guest's ADR policy. If you have a reservation at a Disney resort you can book you dining 180 days out for up to 10 days of your trip hence 180 + 10.

Stupid question - I arrive May 17th and staying at POP. What is the date (following 180 + 10) that I can make my ressies?

tiaragirl

We've been trying for awhile and can never get in.. and that's with trying to get an ADR. The Canadians can't manage to eat in Canada.. depressing.

JillC LI

We called in July at 7am and were able to get a 90+4 ADR for Le Cellier at the exact time I wanted (on a Friday night in October). Actually, on that telephone call I booked a Fantasmic dinner package for earlier in our trip first, and this was the second ADR I made on the call. Maybe I got lucky?
It was a great meal though from soup to nuts (or rather, cheddar cheese soup to filet mignon to smores dessert). And our server was the most professional, friendly server I have ever had at any restaurant in my entire life!

disney4life2008

Original Poster
November 18 is when I can call. I will be in the air on my way to DISNEY, lol. I am going to call as soon as I touch down for my layover.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
November 18 is when I can call. I will be in the air on my way to DISNEY, lol. I am going to call as soon as I touch down for my layover.
If you booked through a Travel Agent, you could ask them to do it [Marie at KK used to take very good care of me if I was in transit or just couldn't make the call myself...]. If your TA isn't willing to be up at 7 making your ADRs, maybe you need a new TA! :lol:

wdwwdeagle

Last week, several days after the reserv. window went back to 180, I checked Le Cellier for the week we are going in march, and there were several openings available. In fact, it was so wide open it came up as an "alternative choice" for the restaurant I was trying to book.

I've only tried for Le Cellier once (spring 2008), and did not have a problem getting it. However, a friend who always goes during Thanksgiving week was very jealous, because, as she said, "I've been trying for years, and have never gotten a reservation there!" I hope I have good luck next time I try to book! Sounds like it's hit or miss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom