Leave a Legacy sales to end this June

ToTBellHop

I would bet they will eventually move the tiles or present them in some other means. The pictures must be on display somewhere until at least 2019, but probably 2027, though there is no guarantee of HOW they will be on display. I say add a few kiosks somewhere in Epcot where guests can access their pictures--like the old booths where you could make RSVPs for dining. They look barren and could use some life--plus it'd be to the side and not clogging up the entry.

Shaman

Interesting...lots of work going on in and around SSE lately...I wonder if this means bigger stuff is coming...

CrashNet

Shaman, Epcot has been the "cinderella" park for many years at WDW. I sat in on a Q&A with the head of imagineering from Animal Kingdom and the imagineer for Innoventions in Epcot a few months ago and one of the questions brought up was if they had decided what the next big project is going to be. Naturally they would not have directly answered that question, but their response was informative. Essentially, now that Everest is complete, their biggest concern is restoration of existing attractions and venues. They call it Reimagineering, and one of the big things is a laundry list of what you could call "odds and ends" around the "neglected park," (their words), Epcot.

SDav10495

They call it Reimagineering, and one of the big things is a laundry list of what you could call "odds and ends" around the "neglected park," (their words), Epcot.

Very cool...I'm sure they know what connotations that name has for WDW fans, so that sounds like an encouraging plan of action--that is, if they actually plan to make some well thought-out changes (like some of the ones suggested on blogs such as Re-Imagineering) and not ones that are quantifiable and purely driven by marketing. Hopefully they'll return to the realization that it really is the little things that make a WDW visit.

ETA: Oh, and regarding the stones...we may not hear anything anytime soon, but my guess is they'll have to be going within the next few years. They're obviously putting some attention into refining the entrance area, with the removal of the kiosk and possible restoration of the ticket booth areas and concrete around SSE. Plus, now they officially can't say "we have to leave the stones up because more faces might sell"--so if a plan to re-do the entrance is proposed in the near future, it will now be more practical to remove the stones than it has been the past few years.

SirNim

Replace the stones with THIS:
Those aren't lucite prisms you see... Those are cutting-edge translucent LCD video screens cycling through every LaL tile, animated images of Figment and Mickey and other characters, and various "Welcome to Epcot"s in many different languages...

epcotfountainconcept1hl9.jpg

JWG

The date is unfortunate. We have a honeymoon LaL tile from 2000 and were thinking about getting one with our DD in July as its her first trip. I get the dislike of LaL and agree the current display format isn't right.

Its neat to have memories in the parks to commemorate events. If we could get a brick I'd do that instead, but that's not offerred anymore either...

dxwwf3

Interesting...lots of work going on in and around SSE lately...I wonder if this means bigger stuff is coming...

I certainly hope so.

Sure nothing is being changed as far as the current tombstones go, but as SirNim said, this IS a step in the right direction.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Ahhh!!! I have to hurry to get my LaL tile!! We've been talking about it for a few months, but now we have the impetus to get it done!

Just be aware that there is a very good chance your LAL tile will not be presented on the tombstones at park enterance and very possibly could be moved to a different location at Epcot along with the other photos.

JWG

what used to be where the monuments are now? anyone have any pics?

Someone posted a nice photo of the space from another thread. It was a nice open space with some grass, planters, walk-ways. It wasn't all concrete, marble and steel.

EpcotMark

Hey people,

I was at Epcot today and there are no constructon walls around the silver mirrored pillar. They just took them down again Apparently, the mirror behind that LAL stuff is in bad shape and has to be replaced which will take more time.:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom