Least favorite Resort you have stayed at?

For us it was the All Stars. OMG, it was HORRIBLE. I will never do it again. We liked CBR when we were there. We stayed twice. Not sure why others disliked it so much aside from how spread out it is. We had a car so maybe that's why we liked it? :shrug:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I'm really glad to hear this. I'm staying at Pop for the first time every in a month or so and was kinda worried cause we DID stay in CBR on our last visit and really enjoyed it!!

Pop is such a nice resort. The best out of the values. I have stayed there twice and had such a good time. You will enjoy it! :wave:

Upvote 0

ryguy

I don't buy the whole notion of the resort being too big. I would think that most of us here have done research before we booked a particular resort and have a basic idea about the the size of the resort. CBR, POR, Coronado, AS are huge resorts that all have a great deal of walking depending on where you stay. That argument should only apply to those who are severely out of shape or handicapped. For the rest of us, suck it up or stay somewhere else!!:hammer:

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

I've been lucky to stay at some great resorts: WL, Poly, Shades of Green, FW and POR. They've all been great. If I HAD to pick my "least fave" of those, it would have to be ...... :shrug: Can't do it. I've truly enjoyed them all.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I don't buy the whole notion of the resort being too big. I would think that most of us here have done research before we booked a particular resort and have a basic idea about the the size of the resort. CBR, POR, Coronado, AS are huge resorts that all have a great deal of walking depending on where you stay. That argument should only apply to those who are severely out of shape or handicapped. For the rest of us, suck it up or stay somewhere else!!:hammer:

We didn't care for CSR because of the size and the distance. We had a grand gathering with two people in our party with health issues. So, we were close to the main building, but parking our vehicles was a pain in the neck. Plus the one feature we use a lot is the pools and our rooms, which were close to the front desk, were NOT close to the Dig Site or the other pool, although we were close to the boat and bike rental. Plus the one thing that got me was the added tip for the food court.
We have stayed at other resorts..OKW, the All Stars, Pop etc. and we have never had trouble getting a Pref. room which is close to the main pool/front desk etc. Plus I personally didn't care for the decor of CSR. We gave it a try, had a great trip despite the resort, won't go back, no matter how cheap the rates.

Upvote 0

wdwmouse

My vote is for Coronado Springs. We had terrible service there. Checked in at 3:00, room wasn't ready. Not a big deal. Hiked around the lake to the pool. They said the room was near that pool. Nice pool, except that it started thundering and lightning. Used the courtesy phone to find out if the room was ready. NO. Called back every 20 minutes, while huddling under an umbrella between phone calls because of the nasty storm. Didn't want to walk back to the desk with the kids in lightening, so we kept calling from the pool area. After an hour and a half, still no room. Finally, rain let up a bit, we hiked back to the check-in. We see tons of people checking in and getting room assignments. DH approaches the desk, room is still not ready. He said something, not sure what. They gave us a different room than the one we were suppose to get. Went there, carpet is not even laid properly. It was just set in the room with the edges curling up. I will never stay there again. Very un-Disney like treatment for a loyal guests. Glad I got that off my chest!
I LOVE Poly, POFQ, POR, AKL, and WL!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

docandsix

Old Key West...

Don't think I'll ever get my wife to return, even though it's a good value with respect to DVC points. It's a long way from almost everything, seems to have a dominant theme of "Roads and Parking Lots," and lacks the personal touch I expect in visiting a Disney resort.

On the other hand, we also had a bit of a bad time at the Animal Kingdom Lodge last time. In fact, I even sent a letter complaining about numerous problems, not least of which was the service carts parked in the hallways and left there all evening long. I finally moved them into a nearby closet myself when I got tired of looking at them after three or four hours.

Upvote 0

GoofyGuySouthFl

It was a toss up for me between Allstar and CBR. I ended up picking CBR b/c we will never stay there again. It just hasn't been up to par the last couple of times we've stayed there.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I'm really glad to hear this. I'm staying at Pop for the first time every in a month or so and was kinda worried cause we DID stay in CBR on our last visit and really enjoyed it!!

Pop is nice. In my opinion its a step up from the Allstars theme wise. I was not very fond of the beds but overall i did enjoy the resort. The store and restaurant are very nice as well.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Old Key West. I like the rooms and the layout of the resort. The resort is beautiful, but the staff has burned us during our last 2 stays. Management would not return calls and did not want to se me whenI finally had to go to the main building to track her down and she was caught lying to us trying to cover up a stupid mistake.

Second on my worst resorts list is CBR. The food court is lame and I am not at all impressed with Shutters. We also had a bellman bring our bags to the room and as he went to go up the stairs (no elevators) he dropped a bag that had a 6-pack of soda in it and 3 of the cans burst. Now he did not know I saw this happen. When he got to our room he dropped everything and said have a nice day and turned and left. I looked in the bag found that 3 cans were gone and also a 1/2 gallon of OJ which also must have been a casualty of the accident. happens, but just be honest and tell me. Also the next day my DW and my mother in law flew in and when they got to the resort they checked in aroung 10:30 PM. My mother in law is disabled and cannot walk very far. They were told that there was nobody to bring them down to the room for at least 2 hours and we were located in Jamaica which is a fairly long haul for someone that should be in a wheelchair. After a slight battle someone brought them down in stretch golf cart. Just plain horrible guest service.

Upvote 0

MojoMax

Well I voted Swan. It is nice and all I guess, but we go to WDW often and are a little spoiled. We try to stay in a different resort each stay. I think it is a nice hotel, but just not our thing. I am not a fan of the colors or atmosphere. I did not get that Disney feel that we enjoy when we stay on property. I know it is not an official Disney Resort, so it is not themed as much in such a way, so maybe I am too hard on it, but we do like to be surrounded by the theme when we are there. If you like to get away from the mouse a bit, you may like this more.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

We've never had a bad stay in any of the WDW resorts we have stayed in. However, I voted for the All Stars. To me it was no better than a Travel Lodge with some fancy theming. Nice, but not worth close to $90 a night IMHO. I can see though how kids would get a thrill out of staying there because of the theming.

Our favorite so far is probably a tie between CSR and BC. I've seen some negative things about the size of CSR, but that was an aspect that we liked. We were more than happy to be somewhere that seemed like a get-away and that was so spread out.

When we were there we heard that the hotel was near capacity, but it still felt very secluded and uncrowded to us.

I suppose this just goes to show that you can probably have a very good or very bad experience at any of the WDW hotels.:wave:

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Here is where we have stayed: POR, POFQ, Poly, WL, Contemporary, Beach Club, AKL, Caribbean Beach. Least fave: POR. I know a lot of people like it there, we just prefer POFQ. Have stayed in Bayou and Mansion areas. Something is missing for me, can't quite put my finger on it, maybe it is just the comparison to POFQ, which we pick as our #1 moderate.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Old Key West. I like the rooms and the layout of the resort. The resort is beautiful, but the staff has burned us during our last 2 stays. Management would not return calls and did not want to se me whenI finally had to go to the main building to track her down and she was caught lying to us trying to cover up a stupid mistake.

Second on my worst resorts list is CBR. The food court is lame and I am not at all impressed with Shutters. We also had a bellman bring our bags to the room and as he went to go up the stairs (no elevators) he dropped a bag that had a 6-pack of soda in it and 3 of the cans burst. Now he did not know I saw this happen. When he got to our room he dropped everything and said have a nice day and turned and left. I looked in the bag found that 3 cans were gone and also a 1/2 gallon of OJ which also must have been a casualty of the accident. happens, but just be honest and tell me. Also the next day my DW and my mother in law flew in and when they got to the resort they checked in aroung 10:30 PM. My mother in law is disabled and cannot walk very far. They were told that there was nobody to bring them down to the room for at least 2 hours and we were located in Jamaica which is a fairly long haul for someone that should be in a wheelchair. After a slight battle someone brought them down in stretch golf cart. Just plain horrible guest service.

Jamaica is one of the closest to Port Royale...if someone should be in a wheelchair then they should be in a wheelchair!

I don't get why everyone is complaining about walking so far at Disney resorts like CSR and CBR...you have to walk everywhere at Disney...and if you are really worried about being too far away from the main building, call the resort the week before your reservation to put your building request in. When we stayed there in August, we called ahead and requested Jamaica, and if we could not get Jamaica, then DEFINITELY NOT Trinidad South. We were put in Aruba which was right next to Jamaica... So I was happy that they did their best to fulfill my request.

Also, I'm glad to see WL isn't on this list!!!!

Upvote 0

DVC Mike

Interesting results so far.

The Value and Moderate resorts are leading the pack in terms of least favorite resorts.

The expectation should be that you get what you pay for.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom