Least favorite Resort you have stayed at?

nankeldisney821

I keep seeing that "You get what you pay for" but that is not true at all. Some of us can't always afford the other resorts so it kind of bothers me when people act like the people that stay in values are too cheap and that is not always the case. I had been a single mother for 15 years(just got married a year ago) and I have taken my daughter 9 times and only gone that often because I have stayed at the values. I think the value resorts are just as good as the rest of them. The only differences I see are the value resorts do not have balconies or sit down restaurants. I have stayed at Deluxe (many years ago) Moderate and Values. I will tell you the worst visit I had was in 2005 at POR. I have stayed there many times and probably will again but it was terrible the last time. The woman at the desk actually told us when we checked in that the building we were staying in had just opened back up after Sept.11th and wasn't "up to par". The building was not in good shape at all and not clean either. I would have thought they would have cleaned it up before letting people stay there. Our cleaning lady had also broken a bottle in our room and didn't clean up all the glass and my daughter stepped on some, she didn't get hurt. Not a big deal, I know accidents happen but when I called the front desk they told me they would send someone up in a while. When the woman showed up she had a towel and a spray bottle...no vaccuum!! I didn't understand that.:shrug:

I had also seen 2 cockroaches on the counter in the food court-1 dead-1 alive and crawling around under my tray!!:hurl: When I told the woman at the register she just said she would take care of it. It was still there when I went back up there a 1/2 hr. later. One of the workers had also yelled at my daughter and stepdaughter because they didn't hear my stepdaughter (she is VERY quiet) when she ordered a kids meal. She is clearly a child and they got mad at her because they didn't know she wanted a kids meal! Anyway, you don't always get what you pay for. We definitely didn't get it then and I have had better service the last 3 times I have stayed at POP.

I am glad to hear about some of these other places though because I am trying to go again in February, just my daughter and I but don't know if I can or want to spend so much right now to stay at WL and was considering CBR or CSR but I guess those are out now! I know everyone has different experiences thought so maybe I will try them anyway...we'll see. Thanks for this thread...it is good to get input on least favorites resorts in stead of always hearing about the best ones!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I too don't agree with the "You get what you pay for" attitude. With a good code or a good travel agent you can save a ton of money on most all of the resorts. Does anyone on this site really pay the rack rate??? Honestly??? I voted for CSR because we had issues with the buses, Nothing says Merry Christmas like a fist fight between grown men early on Christmas morning..fighting over who was at the bus stop first, no organized lines for the park buses which caused major confusion, pushing, shoving etc., because the resort was near full. Also, it just didn't feel like Disney. We stayed there because it was what was available at a late booking..now I know why!

Upvote 0

PotteryGal

Paying $90/night vs. $300 isn't the issue to me. What I expect, regardless of cost, is a room that is clean and not falling apart, and staff that is respectful of me and my family. Not because I am entitled to it, but because that is just common decency, as well as pride in the Disney name.
I have only been to Disney once before and we stayed the WL - it was an amazing experience. This year we had to downgrade for financial reasons to All Star Movies, which we will be checking into in 1 1/2 weeks. I am expecting cleanliness and courtesy, which should be indicative of Disney service. If those things aren't there, I will most certainly be complaining about it.

Upvote 0

scole3388

Paying $90/night vs. $300 isn't the issue to me. What I expect, regardless of cost, is a room that is clean and not falling apart, and staff that is respectful of me and my family. Not because I am entitled to it, but because that is just common decency, as well as pride in the Disney name.
I have only been to Disney once before and we stayed the WL - it was an amazing experience. This year we had to downgrade for financial reasons to All Star Movies, which we will be checking into in 1 1/2 weeks. I am expecting cleanliness and courtesy, which should be indicative of Disney service. If those things aren't there, I will most certainly be complaining about it.

Well said! Ditto!

Upvote 0

nikko

I also don't agree that you get what you pay for. I went to AKL last year at $240/night and our room was dirty, dusty, small and the beds were very uncomfortable. You can stay at the Ritz Carlton for that price and you probably wouldn't have any complaints. Of course though we always end up staying at a Disney Resort for the perks, but sometimes it's hard to justify it.

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

We stayed at many from All Stars to AKL, and the worse hands down was CBR- not clean, the pool was down right nasty, not up to Disney standards at all. No I'm not comparing this to AKL, because I stayed at CBR before AKL. I will never stay there again..

Upvote 0

OhioDVCgal

Well, I've had the opportunity to stay at many of the resorts over my lifetime - Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, CBR, Dixie Landings and All Star Sports. I've enjoyed my experiences at each one, but I voted for All Star Sports.

We noticed trash on the ground and the floor of the food court there was quite filthy. I was disappointed in the selection of food available...all greasy junkie stuff and overpriced. There were certain parts of the main building that just looked like they had hard use. Then when we finally decided to turn in the first night (at midnight), I found hair in the sheets. The manager of housekeeping did come fairly promptly to change the sheets, so at least they corrected the problem.

I did really like the pools there, especially the baseball diamond pool, which was very close to our room. It was quiet and a great temperature! LOL

I think anyone who has stayed at Disney just expects the "Disney standard" at all of the hotels. I know I do.

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

Voted for the All Star. The noise level drove me nuts. I had a headache for three days and my husband was ready to go home. We switched after three days to the CSR...and it felt like we were in another world.

Upvote 0

jmicro59

Wilderness Lodge. I know most people speak highly of this place but it did nothing for me and my family. Maybe my expectations were set to high by the posts I read on here but I'll never stay there again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom