Least favorite Resort you have stayed at?

Eyorefan

I voted for Caribbean Beach. I don't know how much wait you want to give that though. I think I was in 4th grade when we stayed there. We were there 3 days and then we swiched to POFQ which I liked way more. I think it was because of the dragon slide. Anyway, of all the resorts I have stayed at, I don't really care to go back to that one.

Upvote 0

scole3388

We stayed w/ our DVC points at the Boardwalk and will never do it again. I like all the activity of the restaurants, etc. But didn't like the distance for schlepping groceries from the parking lot and the lengthy halls once you got off the elevator - just my own idiosyncracies.:cool:

Upvote 0

cptwife80

I'm all against Caribbean Beach. The service was horrible, housekeeping didn't keep anything clean, and I don't care for long walks just for food. Not to mention the millions of cigarette butts and people yelling swears everywhere.:hurl:

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

Caribbean Beach.

I don't remember too much about it at all, except that it most fun or exciting to me. We had stayed at POR and ASMu and I loved both of them. Since staying at CB we went back to POR and once at the POP. Of course, I loved POR still, and the POP was nice and really cute.

Upvote 0

jonesenon4

:sohappy:i voted cbr as my least favorite we enjoyed our stay there but of all the resorts we have stayed at cbr is nice but not our fav. speaking of favorites we just returned yesterday :cry: from 8 wonderful days at port orleans riverside and it is by far our fav.including deluxe resorts. already making plans for next years trip at riverside.:sohappy:

kungaloosh

Upvote 0

fizzle75

We just stayed at Old Key West about a week and a half ago and we were very disappointed. The resort itself is beautiful and it's a great place to just walk around and take in the scenery but the experience of actually staying there left a very bad taste in our mouths. The room was filthy,hairs in the bed, on the toilet, in the sink, in the tub, etc. The air conditioning vent in the ceiling had about an inch of dust on it. At night light would flood the room from the coachlight beside the door(which couldn't be turned off)as it came through the ginormous peep hole in the door. Excessive light could also be seen all around the door due to poor sealing and as the insects flocked around the light outside the door they would come into the room through the edges around the door. I would wake up in the morning and squashed bugs would be all over my pillow where I had rolled over on them in my sleep. :hurl:

As far as dining goes Olivia's was probably the worst meal I have ever had on property and Good's To Go was pathetic in both food quality and service. The only saving grace was that we were in building eleven which is very close to the lobby,Conch Flatt's General Store and the dining areas. It kills me to be so negative and harsh because a bad experience at a Disney resort is still much better than a bad experience at a non Disney hotel. Another thing that really boils my butter is the fact that people were smoking EVERYWHERE...outside at the counterservice dining area, at the bus stop, at the entrance to our building, at times it felt like we were the only non smokers there. :fork: Disney really needs to rethink their smoking areas so that those of us who actually like to breathe clean air can walk around without having to encounter it, I mean, ALL of the places that people were allowed to smoke were areas we had to go through or be in. Ok, I'll abandon the smoking issue, it's a really sensitive topic with me and I don't want to upset anyone or risk getting kicked off of the boards.:D

The bus service was pretty poor too, at least in our experience. Once again, I really hate to bust OKW's chops, it really is a gorgeous resort...to visit, but it definitely needs some tlc. We actually love Saratoga and Caribbean Beach much, much more. Granted, I was feeling pretty bad, and thus I was very grumpy, but I still think I would have still been disappointed even if I had felt better.

Our favorite resorts are AKL and WL so we cant help but compare every other resort to them, and when we do OKW comes up severely lacking. Maybe we just had a bad experience and a bad room, I know building eleven is one of the older buildings. I know lots of folks on here love OKW but has anyone else had an experience like ours or was our experience just a fluke?

Sorry to be so negative, despite our disappointed with the accomodations we were still thrilled to be back home at the Happiest Place On Earth. I'll stop ranting now, thanks for listening.:wave:

Matt

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Opposite of what Bwana said (sorta) I LOATHE the Grand Flo. It's plastic and fake - and not in the good natured Disney way. It's like pulling teeth to get housekeeping or maitenance to do their jobs there. Used soap in the tray - eww.

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

I really disliked the Boardwalk. I love the area but Boardwalk room is not worth the cost.

I would stay at the Epcot resorts again but at either Yacht or Beach Resort

Upvote 0

ryguy

Voted for Coronado, its by far the worst themed to me. Actually I like the CBR for the money. Sure it could use a rehab but I think the beach is just as nice as the Poly for half the price. :wave:

Upvote 0

LizziePooh

I had pretty bad experiences at both AS Movies and Coronado. At AS Movies, the main problem was the buses. I remember waiting an hour once for a bus to MGM. And it wasn't because no buses were coming, it was because the line was so long. There's only one bus stop for the whole resort. It just wasted a lot of time...At Coronado, it's just too big. Well, the lake in the middle is too big. Our room was all the way in the back, and in the whole week we were there I think we went to the main building twice, because it was just too big of a pain to get there. And honestly, the quality of the resort just wasn't what we were expecting. Although, I'm surprised by how many people dont like Caribbean Beach. I really enjoyed it when I stayed there...but then again, it was almost 12 years ago, so I'm guessing it's changed a bit since then. :p

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

I voted for BCV, it is a very nice resort but the lack of buses for MGM and Epcot made it a problem. Lets face it if you want to get to either you have to wait for a boat or walk. Then for EPCOT you enter through Int'l Gateway then have to walk around to get to Future World and in the morning you can't get and beat any crowds.

Upvote 0

Silvermist

We just stayed at Old Key West about a week and a half ago and we were very disappointed. The resort itself is beautiful and it's a great place to just walk around and take in the scenery but the experience of actually staying there left a very bad taste in our mouths. The room was filthy,hairs in the bed, on the toilet, in the sink, in the tub, etc. The air conditioning vent in the ceiling had about an inch of dust on it.

:eek: :eek:

I am SHOCKED!! This is unacceptable even for a budget motel, but for a Disney Resort...UNBELIEVABLE and very disappointing. I hope you reported the condition of the room.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom