Least favorite popular MK attractions

Which popular MK ride is your least favorite?

• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • The Haunted Mansion

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • Pirates of the Caribbean

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Splash Mountain

Votes: 10 9.0%

• Total voters

forevertrueblue

Of the ones on the list I've experienced (everything except PhilharMagic which is a must-do next vacation) I was least impressed by Space Mountain. It was sort of fun I guess but not as exciting as a lot of people make it out to be. I know a lot of people feel this way about Big Thunder but at least some of the views you get on that ride are pretty nice.

The Empress Lilly

Pirates is much the lesser for the silly movie overlay.
Mansion's atmosphere suffers from the endless clutter, additions, weird queue.
PhilHarmagic is blurry, out of focus, which becomes ever more embarrassing the more perfect 3D images become standard in every neighbourhood cinema.

But of this list it is actually Splash for me. I don't really know why, I just don't really get into it, at times I'm slightly bored, waiting for the big drop.

Kate F

I really like Philharmagic, but it just doesn't have the same classic, must-do status for me that the others on the list have. It's a great attraction, but I don't feel the need to do it more than once per trip and wouldn't be too upset if it were down during the trip. I would really like to see it get updated with some new scenes.

If I had to rank my favorites from the list, it would be:
1. Splash Mountain
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Space Mountain
4. Big Thunder
5. Pirates
6. Philharmagic

Disney4family

I know I'm in the minority, but I chose HM. I understand the thought about Pirates, but between Pirates and HM, my kids have always gone on Pirates and have only recently enjoyed going on HM. I'm glad they enjoy it now, but it doesn't have to be a must-do for me.
The mountains are all must-dos for us. I've been to DL and DLP so I know other locations have "better" mountains, but for where we are and what we can do while there, all 3 are must-dos for us.
I love the concept and the music of Philharmargic. I also have a sentimental attachment to it, too. My dad was always a huge Donald fan. He's been gone almost a year, but it is one attraction that I know he loved. He was very happy to see Donald get his "fair share" of attention. After all, he always reminds us in our autograph books that he is #1 :happy:.

marissieviolissie

Gotta be Philharmagic. Great show and all, but the presentation is very blurry and hurts your eyes (and yes, I'm wearing my 3-D glasses :rolleyes:).

I do feel that at certain times the 3d isn't working completely, because I see double and it makes my eyes hurt indeed as they are refocusing.
I always love the Duck-butt at the ending though, can't help it, it just makes me smiley which is why I still go every visit.

But as far as the 3d goes, I'm with you.

Last edited:

Mr Anderson

I will have to say Philharmagic, but that's not to say I don't love it; it's just the weakest out of all of the listed attractions.

Side Note:
After our recent trip to DL, I finally understand why people who have been to DL don't really care for WDW Space Mountain. Or WDW Pirates, for that matter.

IMHO, the difference between DL Space and WDW Space is much much much bigger than DL Pirates vs WDW Pirates. If I could choose to bring the DL version of one of these to WDW, I could choose Space every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

EDIT: I made a thread asking which DL version would you bring to WDW. Check it out!

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
IMHO, the difference between DL Space and WDW Space is much much much bigger than DL Pirates vs WDW Pirates. If I could choose to bring the DL version of one of these to WDW, I could choose Space every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I concur. I was very shocked the first time I rode DL's Space and Pirates.. However, I was quite underwhelmed with It's a Small World. That is one thing we have that is actually better.

Edward M

From the list, Phillharmagic. It is a must do simply because there is never a wait and is a good escape from the heat. However, if it was under a refurb during my trip, I wouldn't bat an eye.

copcarguyp71

I aint choosin ANY of those
zW4cy.gif

No way...no how!!!!
9mykX.gif

Tony the Tigger

Back in 1999 - 2000, I would go to Magic Kingdom at night and do space Mountain two or three times in a row.

Now I can't handle it LOL. So I had to pick that one.

I enjoy Philharmagic but definitely don't think it is an eTicket. And I thought any issues with the 3-D were because I was wearing my prescription glasses under the 3-D glasses.

Haunted mansion and Pirates are two favorites and I don't think we have ever skipped either one on any Disney trip.

Peter Pan – would you believe, because of the long lines, we never did it until this year! But we've done it several times this year. The fast pass makes a big difference, but you miss so much in that adorable queue.

Last edited:

marissieviolissie

Tony , I'm wearing glasses underneath the 3d's too. I wonder if that is the cause .
Now that I think about it, Muppet 3d has the same issue for me just as the universal Simpsons ride. (last one is my ultimate "never again" ride. I might have been fine if it wasn't 3d but wow, did that one ruin my entire day ).

Maybe glasses do make a difference. But if I took them off I'd be blind lol.

brb1006

I remember seeing Muppets Vision in 2006 and Mickey's Philharmagic in 2004 and I remembered the 3D for both of the shows really looked clear and actually looked good.

Tony the Tigger

Tony , I'm wearing glasses underneath the 3d's too. I wonder if that is the cause .
Now that I think about it, Muppet 3d has the same issue for me just as the universal Simpsons ride. (last one is my ultimate "never again" ride. I might have been fine if it wasn't 3d but wow, did that one ruin my entire day ).

Maybe glasses do make a difference. But if I took them off I'd be blind lol.

I have literally sat there trying different configurations. I tend to think it's just because the prescription glasses don't perfectly cover your peripheral vision, while the 3-D glasses are bigger and probably do.

I don't remember having the issue before I needed to wear prescription glasses in a theater LOL.

And I tend to avoid even standard 3-D movies at local theaters for that reason – it's more annoying then enjoyable, and I can't really get lost in the movie. Also DH is blind in one eye from type one diabetes so the 3-D effects don't really work for him.

SpectroMagician

VERY surprised that Space has so many votes. It is my favorite ride in Disney World. I love the classic version of the future, and the roller coaster in the dark where you constantly fear your arms are going to get chopped off is so much fun.

Pirates won my vote here. Its a classic that we always go on yet, but it is short and not that exciting. The line and music playing in line is almost a better experience than the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom