Least Favorite 3D Film

golenium

I know this isn't 3D, but that Drew Carey Sounds Dangerous show has to be the worst attraction in all of WDW! I can't understand why they even have it, the CM's are embarassed to present the show and I cringed the entire time! Oh yeah, and that Canada movie, don't get me started on that...

will_hsv

I actually seem to have a problem with all of them. Maybe it is the way my brain is processing the images or something, but I do not always see the 3d effects, so I miss out a little bit on the shows. I read something about it having to do with stereo vision I think. Does anyone else have this problem?

DisneyBunny

I'd rate the best worst shows differently. In terms of pure 3D magic, with all the cool special effects that the 3D brings (and not any surrounding 4D effects) I'd rate them (best to worst):

Philharmagic
It's Tough to Be a Bug
Muppetvision 3D
HISTA

However, if you wanted to look at the total package, which includes such things as, oh, i don't know... a PLOT, not to mention 4D elements like AAs and live actors, the list changes:

Muppetvision 3D
ITTBAB
Philharmagic
HISTA

The Muppets show will always hold a special place in my heart. Where else can you get AAs, 3D, and a live Sweetums?

Sure, Philharmagic is just a rehash of films, but it is still timeless, IMHO. Those films will never get old, in my mind.

HISTA is just too dated to really draw me in anymore. Not too many kids really recognize the franchise, and if they do, it's from the first film, not the insipid sequels. Plus, I can never manage to get the 3D to line up properly, and I always have a headache from trying to get my eyes to see the 3D.

Bottom line, I wouldn't cry if either ITTBAB, or HISTA were replaced with anything. Even if they weren't well done, dark rides, or fantastic plots. It would just be something new to see until that too gets old. All IMHO, of course.

Uponastar

HISTA.
Enjoyed it the first few times I saw it.
Now I see it just for the sake of tradition.
Not exactly bored by it, but would like to see something new.

MeTa

ScrapIron said:
Captain Eo is the only Disney 3D film I didn't like.

Cheers.

I LOVED CAPTAIN E.O., I have the entire show on video. Surprisingly my father put goggles on his old suitcased sized video camera and it came out awesome.

dazzer68

after going on philamagic this year for the first time it shows how dated the others are... the muppets is ok but loses the effect because it doesnt fit the screen..if a muppets coming forward half gets cut off out of frame so loses the effect..
hista is looking old and to be honest who cares ! most kids dont know what its about and it doesnt work any more and get rid of the monty python guy theres to much of him everywhere
pixar will hopefully now be making a good one with any luck that would be a great addition if its as good as philamagic which is fab!

surfsupdon

I think HISTA is phenomenal. The moving theater is a great touch, and I really enjoy "reconnecting" with the characters, even if Amy is absent! But I am a huge Honey/Shrunk the Kids Fan!! I enjoy this one more than Philharmagic too...call me nuts if you will...

On the other hand, b/c I was never a Muppets fan, I think their attraction is the worst 3-D film. In addition, I do not find the effects all that stupendous. It's the only 3-D attraction my family does not regularly experience. I've been on it twice. The others are usually every vacation!!

ScrapIron

MouseCrazy said:
When I took my DD to EO (she was around 5 or 6) after it was over, she said, "That Captain EO sure was a nice lady, huh Mom?"
he-he-he-he-he:eek:
Yeah, I've never understood why a cute black boy would want to become an ugly white woman.

Cheers.

PoTCGuy

Anybody remember Magic Journeys? I didn't like that one at all. It sounds weird, but clowns kinda freak me out, so 3D clowns...well...I'd much rather have the mice and snake from HISTA :animwink:

Philharmagic - Excellent!
Muppets - Really good (but I'm a big Muppet fan...)
HISTA - Enjoyed it, but it's probably time for something new
Tough to be a Bug - Haven't seen it (yet)
EO - Didn't see that one either

William Marsden

ScrapIron said:

I'm in total agreement with ScrapIron. Right now I love every 3D show WDW has to offer. I'm so happy that nowadays every park has a 3D experience. I wouldn't miss any of them. I remember the first time I saw Magical Journeys at Disneyland. If I saw it today, I'm sure I'd be disappointed, but back in 1987 or 1988 I thought it was the most incredible thing I'd ever seen.

That said, the only 3D show I never liked was Captain EO. When Jacko made his first entrance as the captain of a ship and said something an octave and a half above where a normal male speaks, I remember groaning outloud. I hated the special effects, I hated the music, I hated the film. Now, I don't like to see any attraction close at WDW, but in this case I think the Disney executives should take every copy of that film, take a Disney Cruise, and bury Captain EO in the deepest part of the ocean.

M. Racer

Although I like them all, Muppets is my least favorite, followed by HISTA, BUG and then my favorite, Philharmagic. I know it's a Disney thread but I loved Shrek over at the competitors park as well.:fork:

CThaddeus

William Marsden said:
ScrapIron said:

I'm in total agreement with ScrapIron. Right now I love every 3D show WDW has to offer. I'm so happy that nowadays every park has a 3D experience. I wouldn't miss any of them. I remember the first time I saw Magical Journeys at Disneyland. If I saw it today, I'm sure I'd be disappointed, but back in 1987 or 1988 I thought it was the most incredible thing I'd ever seen.

That said, the only 3D show I never liked was Captain EO. When Jacko made his first entrance as the captain of a ship and said something an octave and a half above where a normal male speaks, I remember groaning outloud. I hated the special effects, I hated the music, I hated the film. Now, I don't like to see any attraction close at WDW, but in this case I think the Disney executives should take every copy of that film, take a Disney Cruise, and bury Captain EO in the deepest part of the ocean.

I guess this shows just how different people's opinions can be. I loved the special effects, I loved the music, and I loved the film. I still do, and if they do still have copies of it in their vaults, I wish they'd give me one of them. True, the film was very 80s, but I'm a very 80s kind of person. I still sigh whenever I'm at Disneyland or EPCOT and see the infinitely less appealing Honey, I Shrunk the Audience stealing the Captain's theater.
And what's with all the anti-Muppet posts? Since when did people start hating Muppetvision? Did I miss something here? I mean if you never really cared for the Muppets, that's one thing. But what's wrong with the show? Okay, admittedly Waldo is a bit shrill, but personally I rank it just under the first Muppet Movie. Statler and Waldorf alone make the show worth keeping, as Gonzo would put it, "FOREVER!" Two of their gags still make me laugh, and I've watched and listened to that show well over 100 times -
"We entered a contest..."
"Yeah, we lost!"
and
"Do I have time to go to the bathroom before the next show?"
"We can't you old fool, we're bolted to the seats!"
And where else do you get to see a theater blown up right before your eyes? What a cute ending...

Jekyll Baker

PoTCGuy said:
Anybody remember Magic Journeys? I didn't like that one at all. It sounds weird, but clowns kinda freak me out, so 3D clowns...well...I'd much rather have the mice and snake from HISTA :animwink:

The only thing I remember from Magic Journeys is the Witch shooting lightning from her fingers (egad, 1983 was a loooong time ago).

I do think it is safe to say though, that WDW has a 3D movie for just about any body's taste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom