LE Figment Plush

WDWFigment

Despite being in Indiana during the festivities today :(, I did manage to get one. I won't know my number until Friday, when my friend doing the CP comes back for homecoming.

hp200lx

I can't speak for all eBay sellers, but looking at Thelazer's auctions, he's being more than fair. Considering that WDW Merchandise Mail Order is not taking orders for any Epcot 25th merchandise, this is the only way to get these items for those of us who were not lucky enough to attend.

Like it or not, it's a free market system, and demand drives price. If he gets $60, then that's fair. If it doesn't sell, then he'll lower his price. Nobody is telling anybody that they HAVE to buy it at $60.

Thelazer was more than fair as far as the price for the shirt I got from them. $30 buy it now, thats pretty much the same as mail order and I can actually get one so. I'm happy. I agree hes being more than fair with pricing, especially with something limited so below 2000.

Figment1989

I felt sick when I saw the prices on ebay this morning.:cry: My whole family are avid ebayers, so I can't blame anyone for putting them on there. I just wish I could have gotten them...I'm kinda waiting for them to saturate the market on ebay so that the prices go down *fingers crossed*

bigtotoro

Just a comment, there is no "fair". The only "fair", is fair market. These items were sold in one place, on one day, in very limited numbers. That makes them collectable. And the collectable market is governed purely by what people will pay. A limited edition Disney plush in such a small run would EASILY sell for $100+ through the Disney catalog and sell out in about 2 seconds at that.
If I had one of these, and I could get $200 for it, I probably would. And so would most of you. I really want one of the shirts. But I want an odd size (XXL), so I'm probably out of luck. If I decide to get one it will cost me $50-75 I would guess. Yes, I'm not a big fan of the horde'rs. I despise ticket agents that crash the Ticketmaster website to buy up all the prime seats for an event. I wanted to strangle the fat lady who was getting each of her 4 children to buy the 2 (limit) Tickle Me Elmo X's last year. But it's the nature of the market, so what can you do?

Thelazer

There is no "IF" about it. They are GONE, SOLD OUT.. Nothing left.

Trust me, I know. I went back tonight to make sure. I got soaked from the rain, but there is NO FIGGIES LEFT!

Jay

TOCPE82

Ebay is a necessary evil. It allows people who really really want items to get them, but at the same time it kills the people who go the extra mile to get the merchandise in person, as many overbuy to sell on Ebay. Oh well.

animay

I got mine at the Imagination pavilion too around 12:30pm. This was after being told they were completely sold out by a manager at MouseGear at 9:45am. Thank goodness for my clever wife who thought of checking the shop there. :sohappy: #677

Figment1011982

Anyone notice the mis-spellings of Spaceship Earth and Journey into Imagination on Figments jacket?

What is "JourHey into Imagination" and "SpaceshLp Earth"???

I got #905!

Figment82

I got 2 - #89 and #826. At first, I thought it was #82 and got so excited, but when I got back to the room and looked more closely, I saw that extra "6." Oh well :)

teebin

you people are mad! a neighbor down here said she had a friend a few years ago bankrupted their family on Disneying their homes. All the crazy talk over a stuffed character that never had a film and was made in China. Are you feeding your kids? Are you paying your rent or mortgage? I worry that a few of you are not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom