Le Chefs De France

brizmom1999

Original Poster
I changed my Rainforest ADR at downtown because of the refurb there. My husband had me book Le Chefs. Has anyone tried this restaurant in Epcot?

DisDadWoz

It has always been good for us. As with any restaurant, some like while others do not. I still think it's a large improvement over Rainforest.

rufio

We went in March and the food was really good. The service was okay. I felt like some of the servers were kind of rude, but maybe they're just French...

journ116

I ate here in May 2009 with my DH and oldest DD (youngest was still "baking in the oven") for lunch and found that the food was really good, the service was okay, the atmosphere to be pleasant, but just missed Remy (after sitting there for 45 min.). It's a decent alternative to Le Cellier's lunch in my book.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
i would suggest le cellier. its way better :)

I would second that. However, Le Cellier is 2 dining credits, and Chefs is 1.

Another place that's good (and near Epcot, but not in it) is Yachtsman Steakhouse. It's at the Beach and Yacht club. Awesome deconstructed beef wellington!

crispy

We ate there in October and really enjoyed it. The flatbread with creme fraiche, bacon, and onions was amazing as was the profiteroles. We also really enjoyed meeting Remy. We were surprised at how much we enjoyed it.

Sweet Melissa

We went there for lunch a couple years ago. I was satisfied with my meal, but my partner was disappointed with his. The thing that keeps me from wanting to go back is that I've never encountered a pushier waiter. He was visibly upset that we weren't ordering drinks and appetizers and kept trying to sell them to us while we were ordering. I understand why that happens; those add-on items mean a lot to a server's take-home pay. It was just too aggressive, though. I found it much more off-putting than the usual aloof behavior many report at the staff of Les Chefs. We definitely got the cold shoulder after our order was placed, but that's fine by me. I'd rather converse with my partner over a long meal than be interrupted by a hovering waiter anyway.

NYwdwfan

I would second that. However, Le Cellier is 2 dining credits, and Chefs is 1.

Another place that's good (and near Epcot, but not in it) is Yachtsman Steakhouse. It's at the Beach and Yacht club. Awesome deconstructed beef wellington!

Yachtsman is also 2 credits (and well worth it in my opinion!).

We enjoyed Le Chefs...the food was not stellar but the choices on the menu were a really nice change of pace.

brizmom1999

Original Poster
We had Le Cellier the last time we were there (2 years ago before it went to 2 dining credits) and I loved it but hubby did not. It was too crowded and a little crazy. I also like to try new places everytime we go. I think this will work out for us.

mickey2008.1

We ate at both places. The atmosphere at rainforest is great, but the food is way overpriced. Now for Les Chefs. sub par food and terrible service. Plus its really cramped and very outdated. One of the dirtiest restaurants at EPCOT. Food was very bland. No flavor what so ever. The worst french onion soup and mac n cheese was really dry. I would skip both completely. Wolfgang pucks is good, and at EPCOT would try Viia Napoli or Tepan Edo for one TS. Just the honest truth.

Ex-Floridian

I would never go here again! I was so stoked because of Remy and the reviews. Here is how rude they are. We were at the end of using our FREE dining plan. We order two dinners and some ala carte menu items. They used the ala cart as dining and charges us for the rest! They rushed us and made us felt bad that we showed up a little late and they wanted to get ready for dinner. Never again.

Lucky

Been there twice. Both pretty good experiences, especially the 2nd one with Remy. If he hasn't done his song yet when he gets to your table, ask him if he can sing. He only does it once in each room.

disneylemons

My son and I ate there in May - had the duck - it was delicious and our server was a very polite young lady. It was a last minute reservation change and I had crossed my fingers because I know it gets negative reviews but we were very happy with our food and service. My son had some sort of cream puff dessert... was really good..:)

PolynesianPrincess

We ate here in November and we really enjoyed it. Didn't get to see Remy which was a bummer but my sister and I bother ordered the half chicken with potatoes and it was DELICIOUS!! I think our serve was new as she only had like 2 or 3 tables but she was very nice. You have to remember that these people working in World Showcase restaurants are from those respective countries so they may seem rude and whatnot, especially if their English is not the best. When I went to Germany and Switzerland I found most of the waitstaff at places we dined to be rude but the people we were with said that's how they are over there. More assertive than rude I think.

dvcnut

My DH, in-law's, and I had dinner at Chefs De France. This restaurant was my choice and my in-law's didn't expect to like the restaurant at all.

Needless to say it is now their favorite WDW restaurant. The food was excellent and our waiter was very friendly. Remy stopped by and said hello as well.

We especially love that this restaurant cranks up the air conditioning on hot days...WS doesn't have too many shady spots and it is easy to get overheated walking around mid-Summer. :)

I highly recommend eating here!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom