Le Cellier vs Yachtsman's

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Here is the Wagyu Filet:
Wagyu Filet.jpg

Don't think you can get much more marbling than that. Oh, and we have this available at a local market here in San Antonio all the time. Cooked in a cast iron skillet, then finished in the oven. Only way to do it. :D

Hockey89

Here is the Wagyu Filet:
View attachment 105200
Don't think you can get much more marbling than that. Oh, and we have this available at a local market here in San Antonio all the time. Cooked in a cast iron skillet, then finished in the oven. Only way to do it. :D
Oh if we want to use A5 filet from Japan, you can make an augment. But 99.9999999% of the filets in this country do not look like that.... Filets in this country do not have the same marbling as Rib's... I can't even believe this augment is being made..

And where do I eat... At every single 2 or 3 Michelin star restaurant in this country. All the top steak houses.... Yes, Filet is the least flavorful FACT.(Outside of A5 filets way to cherry pick BTW).. This is the most ridiculous debate...

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Oh if we want to use A5 filet from Japan, you can make an augment. But 99.9999999% of the filets in this country do not look like that.... Filets in this country do not have the same marbling as Rib's... I can't even believe this augment is being made..

And where do I eat... At every single 2 or 3 Michelin star restaurant in this country. All the top steak houses.... Yes, Filet is the least flavorful FACT.(Outside of A5 filets way to cherry pick BTW).. This is the most ridiculous debate...
So you eat a lot in NY, Chicago, and San Fransisco, as that is pretty much the only cities that Michelin rates any restaurants. Good for you. Not going to argue with you at all, but the wagyu filet I showed a picture of is the exact same as I can get in San Antonio from a market. And every person is different, and for some, like us, the filet is very flavorful. Enough so that we never add any kind of sauce to ours. Just want to taste the beef. Do other cuts have different flavor? Sure. They all have their own distinct flavor.

That's why we have choices when we go. You prefer another cut, fine, but don't degrade the rest of us, just because you don't agree with us.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Don't know where you are eating, but good filets have plenty of flavor and marbling and will melt in your mouth when prepared properly.
View attachment 105199
Why do you think there is no marbling? Looks like excellent marbling to me. And flavor is a matter of opinion. We NEVER use ANY kind of sauce on our filet anywhere, and it is always very flavorful. Rib-eyes and all have flavor as well, just different. To each his/her own.
Exactly!! Thanks for the picture! :hungry::p
And yes wagyu beef may be great but it is a rare find here in the U.S. for most folks in most areas etc. Flavor is arguments on pure opinion anyway. :)

Tony the Tigger

Ok... Could not disagree more but that's fine.... I'm not sure how the "best" cut has by far the least flavor... And how any serious chef at high end places roll their eyes at that notion. Like my buddy that owns one of the best new e says, it is amateur hour when people order the filet.

It's the most expensive because it yields the least amount and people have been brain washed...

I appreciate your perspective. I'm not going to act like I forgot what steak tastes like in 15 years, but I never did get much into the higher quality cuts, so I really don't know the difference. Earlier this year, DH got the filet at Monsieur Paul. I took a bite, and I can't remember what I ordered for myself LOL (although I remember enjoying it.) Been wanting to get that ever since. Again, as someone who isn't a steak connoisseur, and not used to eating much meat, not looking for anything chewy or fatty. (and yes I understand a lot of fat is rendered during cooking.) "Forkable" is kind of the goal. "Amateur hour" is pretty appropriate for me ordering steak, so that's fine.

Tony the Tigger

I agree, A little sit of salt is usually all I need, I do ask for the sauce on the side to dip if I feel so inclined. I ask that the steak not be seasoned as they usually put in too much black pepper for my taste. Enjoy your dinner whatever you decide to order!!! Marie

I could be wrong, but it seemed like there was a buncha butter on the filet from Monsieur Paul. It was really good.

Generally, I try to remember to ask them to go a little light on the salt for me at WDW.

Still can't get over $9 for a side of onions LOL but I can't possibly not order that. I believe it's 7 onions. Can take the leftover to put on my late night pizza in the room o_O

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yachtsman is worlds better than Le Cellier. Co-workers used to make fun of me because I would say LC is the greatest steak restaurant on property. They all advised me to go to Yachtsman. Now, my family will never go back to Le Cellier.

Everyone is different as we still prefer Le Cellier over Yachtsman! I definately even if one is better than the other, would not by any means say they are "worlds apart"! Different yes but not that much over each other. Le Cellier we still do every single trip. Not saying anything bad about Yachtsman but Le Cellier still tops it for us. :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yachtsman is worlds better than Le Cellier. Co-workers used to make fun of me because I would say LC is the greatest steak restaurant on property. They all advised me to go to Yachtsman. Now, my family will never go back to Le Cellier.
That's why choice is good. We believe that Le Cellier is much better than Yachtsman. We've tried Yachtsman twice, and both times the steak was not good at all, where we have gotten great steaks at Le Cellier every time (7 different meals). Of course, the best steak on property is at Shula's in our opinion, well, not including V&As of course.

Tony the Tigger

That's why choice is good. We believe that Le Cellier is much better than Yachtsman. We've tried Yachtsman twice, and both times the steak was not good at all, where we have gotten great steaks at Le Cellier every time (7 different meals). Of course, the best steak on property is at Shula's in our opinion, well, not including V&As of course.

We have a Shula's down here in Fort Lauderdale, so I can't see doing it at WDW. Hoping to do V&As on 9/8/17. Might have to stay at the Red Roof, tho LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom