Le Cellier Steakhouse

billybaruch1

When I was planning a WDW vacation several years ago, the Le Cellier Steakhouse was not rated very highly. I may be mistaken but I remember that restaurant as someplace to avoid. Now, it gets high marks all over the place! (wdwinfo.com, Birnbaum's)

My question is: has this place improved so much? Has anyone eaten there recently and is it good? Thank you.

Renovation

You are right. It used to be a dark, kind of hidden restaurant. In the late 90's it was renovated. They also updated the menu making it more current. The food is much better(except for this Caesar Salad where they grilled the lettuce). We try and eat there every other trip. If you haven't already, check out http://wdwig.com for recent menus. Good luck.

Upvote 0

SirNim

Eaten there past two visits to WDW and each time, food was very good. Bread served before meal was very good as well...:) It's a cool place (literally) and a good way to escape from the hustle and bustle of a day at Epcot. :D

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Of course, while Tim from Calgary was working there, it was a frequent stop. ;) (Those blue eyes!)

I remember when it was a "buffeteria." It's improved considerably since becoming a full service restaurant.

Upvote 0

Yecats

I went last December and it was wonderful. It was crowded and it still is kind of dark but the food was wonderful. We had the ceasar salads and I don't recall them being grilled. We also had the fish, steak and I think the creme brulee which was awesome. Planning on going back. When we went there last year, Le Cellier was voted 2nd best rest. on Disney property and was only one upped by California Grill. I say try it.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Excellent

Can't get in that place unless you have PS. I've seen people turned away. We got in there late both times we went and we go off season. Place is wonderful, food is wonderful, steak and pretzel breads are the best!!! It's a must whenever we go!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Last trip I called for PS an hour or 2 before, they couldn't take us. When we walked by it I asked if we could get 4 adults and a child in, no problem we were in within 5 min. Of course my 2 year old DD was at her worst with an ear infection (she saw the Dr. the next day) but cried and wouldn't sit still. We had to take turns walking with her and that dampered the dining expernce some. However it is really good, I love the pretzel bread they bring before hand. It is one of our favorite places to eat at Epcot (that and the Garden Grill at the Land).

Upvote 0

appdad2002

We ate at Le Cellier last week for lunch and it was one of our favorite meals. The place is so quite and peacefull, it is a welcome break from the crowds and hustle of the parks. I had Cheddar Cheese soup and a hamburger and both were delicious. As mentioned the bread was especially good. There were three different kinds including the pretzel bread. What made the meal especially nice though was talking with the very nice young lady from Canada. She told us all about the region she comes from. We left her an extra large tip just because she was so nice and friendly. DW and myself decided we would definitely eat dinner there our next trip down.

Upvote 0

Pippa

I have eaten there on two trips and it was great. It has no windows which I kinda like, it's a bit of sensory deprivation for an hour or so!!!!!!

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Re: Excellent

Originally posted by kennyj29
Can't get in that place unless you have PS. I've seen people turned away. We got in there late both times we went and we go off season. Place is wonderful, food is wonderful, steak and pretzel breads are the best!!! It's a must whenever we go!

I've found that if I go at an "off" hour ..11:30 or after 1:30 for lunch, 5 or after 7:30 for dinner, I can get in without a PS or long wait. (Of course, if you choose the late dinner, you probably will miss Illuminations.)

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Hey billybaruch1,

Let me qualify this by saying I don't do the restaurant reviews for the Guide - they're handled by a professional. This is just my opinion.

I like Le Cellier. The steaks are pretty good. It's not Ruth's Chris, but neither are the prices. The service is good. In the latest round of dining surveys for the Unofficial Guide, something like 91% of responders said they were satisfied with their meal. That puts LC in the top echelon of Disney restaurants, comparable to Boma, the Flying Fish or Spoodles. It was also named one of the top 20 restaurants in Central Florida by the Zagat survey last year. That survey is driven by consumers, not restaurant critics.

By all means, get PS reservations for your meal. Even with PS, expect to wait 20 minutes for your table.

Hope this helps.

Len

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom