le cellier is booked what to do..

bhg469

Original Poster
So the girlfriend and I are planning our first trip in quite a while and were looking forward to le cellier. We were sad to find out that it is already booked up for August. Our alternative on the last trip we went on was the councourse steakhouse and that was great but we all know what happened there, adult dining is becoming a thing of the past thanks to character buffets :(

Can anyone tell me if there is something else that would be close to either of those 2 pics and still keep to using 1 point in the dining plan. We were taking a look at Big River Grille & Brewing Works but it seems people don't like it very much...

RiversideBunny

Try Les Chefs de France.
That's what we did when Le Cellier was booked up.
Turned out to be a good choice.
They have an excellent steak (boeuf) as well as other items.

:)

bhg469

Original Poster
Yachtsman Steakhouse would have been the next choice but again we are limited by the dining plan so if it costs 2 points we cannot go unless we change our plans for other nights.

k.hunter30

My dad makes THE BEST steaks on the grill. We ate at Le Chefs de France and he ordered some type of filet. He said it was the best one he's had in a restaurant in years! But then we went to Le Cellier the next day...

So if you were already planning on being in Epcot that day, I'd say try Chefs de France. Just don't order the seared tuna.

LuLaSue

I agree with all the above suggestions but, keep trying!!! I would keep calling and maybe you might get lucky if someone cancels their reservation.

Good Luck!

sweetpee_1993

Some friends of ours were telling us the hibachi place in the Japan pavillion is really good (I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head...sorry). If you like Japanese and enjoy hibachi that might be an idea. It's not going to be as good as LeCellier, tho. I'm sorry y'all can't get that ressie. :( Try something different that you haven't done before. It'll be all new and special to you.

tigsmom

I agree with all the above suggestions but, keep trying!!! I would keep calling and maybe you might get lucky if someone cancels their reservation.

Good Luck!

I would call right up until about an hour before whatever ADR you end up making. People change their plans all of the time.

wannabeBelle

Some friends of ours were telling us the hibachi place in the Japan pavillion is really good (I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head...sorry). If you like Japanese and enjoy hibachi that might be an idea. It's not going to be as good as LeCellier, tho. I'm sorry y'all can't get that ressie. :( Try something different that you haven't done before. It'll be all new and special to you.

I agree!!! Teppan Edo is great, although it wont be a traditional steak type of dinner, it will be a steak dinner and done incredibly well. I find this food to be some of the best in EPCOT. I love hibachi stuff though. Belle

Dubman

Try going to the restraunt right before they open for dinner.. Our last trip they took us in, but we only had a party of 3.. We got lucky I guess, but its worth a shot if you dont mind having dinner around 4:00.. Good luck!!

bhg469

Original Poster
Try going to the restraunt right before they open for dinner.. Our last trip they took us in, but we only had a party of 3.. We got lucky I guess, but its worth a shot if you dont mind having dinner around 4:00.. Good luck!!

Yeah it looks like we are gonna make plans in the area and give it a try, if we lose out no big deal, we can always try again in 2 years :)

JuliaGulia

Keep calling, something will probably open up between now and August. Also, if you can be flexible, see if they have availability on a different night of your vacation. The might be booked on Friday, but have an opening on Thursday.

bhg469

Original Poster
Keep calling, something will probably open up between now and August. Also, if you can be flexible, see if they have availability on a different night of your vacation. The might be booked on Friday, but have an opening on Thursday.

Yeah well thats the thing we pretty much expected it would be had to get in one of those days so that was the first thing we requested. All the other dinners were selected after we found out they were booked the entire week. I plan on calling a few random days befoer we head down in August but that is a stretch because in order for there to be cancellations there needs to be considerate people. I have found that aside from this forum no one ever cancells reservations when they know they cannot go..

KeithVH

Double check - I though Yachtsman was 1 point dining?

That being said, I would strongly recommend Narcoossee's. We've eaten at just about every TS place on property and have consistently found that place the BEST. No, you won't get a big honkin' slab of meat but you will get excellent food and service. Plus the ambience and romantic atmosphere just cannot be beat.

dlstc

The Wave

The new restaurant The Wave at the Contemporary is taking reservations and has some great looking entrees, although their menu is not complete yet.

HTH, Diana

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom