Le Cellier Going Signature For Lunch

MouseDreaming

Hmmm...Well, I could be upset about it. We did eat there last trip, and I don't know that I want to pay signature dining prices OOP. Don't get me wrong, we really enjoyed it but, I can't see paying that much for it. For those prices, I have other places on "The List" to try. So, thanks to WDW for freeing up a spot in my ADR roster. Now, where in the world(showcase) should we eat, next?

dxwwf3

This is really bad news. There is no way I would ever use the Dining Plan, but this means we will probably see a big price increase on the menu here. The soup used to be cheaper at lunch, but it will now probably be $9 or $10 a bowl. And they might even do away with the lunch menu completely and just have the dinner menu available all day. And this would be the end of my dining there. Their House Burger is the best burger I have ever had in my life and no trip to WDW is complete without getting one. I just hope it stays or I won't be eating at Le Cellier anymore and that's hard to imagine.

PolynesianPrincess

I'm very disappointed with this. Le Cellier was always a must do for us. A filet for less than $30 was awesome. But if it's going to skyrocket the prices like dinner (which it will) then I'm going to take a pass. Cali Grill had much better atmosphere and the filet I had this year was better than at Le Cellier. We've eaten there every year for 10 years but I guess this September trip will be the last one for awhile.... Sorry LC!!!

aladdin2007

The place is a ripoff, sorry to sound harsh. But not all of us are on the DDP and its just too high for getting too little. They can use very little ingredients and portions, and charge up the river for it. Our last meal was so bad that when I nicely complained to Disney they sent us a dining gift card in the amount of the bill to use at any disney dining location. This signature label is ruining what use to be some of the better locations. Brown Derby as well, over 35 bucks a person now for lunch!!! Dinner I can understand maybe, but lunch?? Bad. And they moved the cobb salad to the appetizer, which use to be an entree in itself, now if you order just that the servers get ticked. Anyway thats another story but just proof that they are pricing people right out of the opportunity to go and enjoy.

DisneyJunkie

So much for my ever eating there again. Personally I found the place always way over-hyped. The food was just ok at most, and I was content with eating there at lunch for 1 credit, but with both mealtimes as 2 credits, it's just not worth it at all.

I'd rather go back to Roaring Forks and get a tuna sandwich anyway.

Witchy Chick

Hmmm...Well, I could be upset about it. We did eat there last trip, and I don't know that I want to pay signature dining prices OOP. Don't get me wrong, we really enjoyed it but, I can't see paying that much for it. For those prices, I have other places on "The List" to try. So, thanks to WDW for freeing up a spot in my ADR roster. Now, where in the world(showcase) should we eat, next?

Yeah -- this is me too. Tomorrow is ADR day for me, and Le Cellier lunch is likely to NOT be on that list now. Thanks, Disney. :(

I'll need to check out another country for lunch, I suppose.

Witchy

nbgrif4060

I am glad i will get the chance to try Le Cellier lunch this October before it switches over. We do not eat at any of the signature resturants as they are not a good value on the dining plan IMO.

The Incredible Schmulk

Eh, I've eaten there once. I thought it was good, but not great. We haven't and wouldn't go out of our way to eat there again. Since we pay out of pocket, though, next year might actually be a good time to go back!

All of the Le Cellier lovers out there who use the standard dining plan can take a little bit of solace in the fact that it seems like the entire menu at the Canada booth during the Food and Wine Festival this year is straight from the restaurant.

BrittanyRose428

I was afraid this would happen. I really liked Le Cellier, but I've only been once. I was really looking forward to hopefully going again next august during lunch with the dining plan but I won't be doing that now. I feel like using 2 credits on one meal takes away from the value of the dining plan to a point where it isn't worth using.

nicnic

We had dinner here on our last trip and we did enjoy it but it was not WOW. We were going to go back next year for lunch at 1 credit but not now, we are staying at the BC and weren't going to go to the yachtsman but think we will now instead of using 2 credits in le cellier.

Foolish Mortal

Im another one kinda bummed about this. Book it every trip. Never claimed it was the best restaurant on property but I always enjoyed it. Guess I better savor my October and December visit since it sounds like I probably won't be going again for a while. Especially with the inevitable lazy all day menu to come. I hope they have the sense to open a stand that sells pretzel bread !! Living just outside of Philly, I'd swear I can hear blackthidot screaming from Pittsburgh.

coachwnh

Its good, but not great. We have three trips planned between now and Christmas and didnt book it on any of the trips!

HouCuseChickie

Considering I was already thinking of dropping LC lunch at 1 credit in favor of CS/snack hopping in the WS...visiting it once it goes signature for lunch is not really on the radar...at least not right now. It's good, and a good value on DDP, but it's not great and I didn't have anything that said "signture" to me when we tried it.

The reality, the move to signature for dinner and the continued popularity for lunch made it feel like it was just a matter of time before they moved lunch to signature as well. Now wondering it they'll ever try the same thing w/'Ohana dinner. i.e. it's so darn popular that maybe they'd try and bump that up as well.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Not trying to dogpile on... but as I've said before, LC does not behave like a Sig. There are Sigs, then there are a smattering of "two DDP point" places... and there IS a difference, whether or not Disney recognizes this.

Of course, I'm immediately wondering how long it will take for a "Hitler is told LeCelier is now 2points for lunch" video to appear :).

Checked YouTube....so far the only video is him not being able to get a reservation at Le Cellier. Might be a day or two before a 2 point lunch one is put together. :)

menamechris

This signature label is ruining what use to be some of the better locations. Brown Derby as well, over 35 bucks a person now for lunch!!! Dinner I can understand maybe, but lunch?? Bad. And they moved the cobb salad to the appetizer, which use to be an entree in itself, now if you order just that the servers get ticked. Anyway thats another story but just proof that they are pricing people right out of the opportunity to go and enjoy.

Yeah, the signature restaurant prices are REALLY getting out of hand in comparision to the quality most offer. I LOVE the Brown Derby. It may be one of my favorite restaurants on property, but I just can't justify the price anymore -- not to mention to be paying those prices surrounded by people in shorts, tshirts - and all hot and sweaty from the park. It needs to be a signature experience if it's going to be a signature restaurant.

We used to never do this - but my friends and I have no problem going to restaurants and sharing food. Or if there is a small group of us - get 2-3 entrees and share. I am sure the wait staff hates it - but it's truly Disney's doing with the runaway food prices..

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm fairly certain the prices OOP have not gone up very much with the change to 2 credits on DDP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom