Le Cellier Going Signature For Lunch

Rob562

I'm fairly certain the prices OOP have not gone up very much with the change to 2 credits on DDP.

The newest pre-Signature Le Cellier menu I could find was January 2009, the Filet was $35 at dinner and $26 at lunch. It's now currently $43 at dinner and $28 at lunch. (That's an 8% raise in the lunch price, a 23% raise in the dinner price in 3 years)

At the Yachtsman, their 8oz filet was $39 in Nov 2008, and $41 now (A 5% raise)

Even ignoring the jacked-up price change, do I think the Le Cellier dinner filet is worth more than Yachtsmans? Nope.

Though I do agree with a previous poster that my burger at Le Cellier last June was the single best burger I have ever had. And I look forward to having it again in November (and most likely paying OOP for it)

-Rob

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The newest pre-Signature Le Cellier menu I could find was January 2009, the Filet was $35 at dinner and $26 at lunch. It's now currently $43 at dinner and $28 at lunch. (That's an 8% raise in the lunch price, a 23% raise in the dinner price in 3 years)

At the Yachtsman, their 8oz filet was $39 in Nov 2008, and $41 now (A 5% raise)

Even ignoring the jacked-up price change, do I think the Le Cellier dinner filet is worth more than Yachtsmans? Nope.

Though I do agree with a previous poster that my burger at Le Cellier last June was the single best burger I have ever had. And I look forward to having it again in November (and most likely paying OOP for it)

-Rob
My point being they doubled the DDP credits required, but prices didn't go up commensurately.

Mollie_Minnie

I will be eating at Le Cellier for the first time this summer, for lunch. I'm kind of happy to try it before it becomes a signature restaurant for lunch also. I love crème brulée and heard they have a maple syrup one?! I'll may have to taste the poutine to compare it to the ones we have here.

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
I will be eating at Le Cellier for the first time this summer, for lunch. I'm kind of happy to try it before it becomes a signature restaurant for lunch also. I love crème brulée and heard they have a maple syrup one?! I'll may have to taste the poutine to compare it to the ones we have here.
The lunch poutine is pretty gross IMO - I don't recommend it. Here's a pic:

IMG_8087.jpg

The dinner poutine is where it's at. ;)

IMG_8224.jpg

Mollie_Minnie

....I'm speechless....if that first one is suppose to be a poutine that means i'm not a french canadian and I know nothing about poutine. I never saw a poutine that look so repelling. I can assure you that if anyone visit Quebec don't be afraid to taste our poutine, it doesn't look like this!
Thanks for the information!

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
....I'm speechless....if that first one is suppose to be a poutine that means i'm not a french canadian and I know nothing about poutine. I never saw a poutine that look so repelling. I can assure you that if anyone visit Quebec don't be afraid to taste our poutine, it doesn't look like this!
Thanks for the information!
No problem! I didn't want you to be horribly surprised upon receiving that first plate.

The dinner poutine isn't completely authentic either (it has Canadian cheddar, truffle salt, and a red wine reduction), but it definitely tastes better and it's like an upscale twist on the real thing. It's one of the few things at dinner that's noticeably better than lunch. :)

wdwmomof3

Not gonna miss it. We have been there several times and I just dont get the attraction. Our meals at Kona Cafe are much better.

Le Cellier now requires 2 table service credits for both lunch and dinner

Not happy to see this news. I already have all my ADR's made for September and actually got into Le Cellier for lunch, and was so excited, but now I'm going to have to pay out of pocket for at least one more meal that wasn't in out budget. They could have at least announced that it was happening at the beginning of 2013 and given us some time to make other arrangements. Torn on what to do, do I keep my ADR that I really want to try or do I cancel and book somewhere else so that I don't go over budget? Guess I need to confer with the rest of the group and see what their financial status is. :(

littleroo

Is this accurate? I read it is not to start until 2013! May make changes myself. I should have booked for dinner. May have to change to the Yachtsman!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Le Cellier now requires 2 table service credits for both lunch and dinner

Not happy to see this news. I already have all my ADR's made for September and actually got into Le Cellier for lunch, and was so excited, but now I'm going to have to pay out of pocket for at least one more meal that wasn't in out budget. They could have at least announced that it was happening at the beginning of 2013 and given us some time to make other arrangements. Torn on what to do, do I keep my ADR that I really want to try or do I cancel and book somewhere else so that I don't go over budget? Guess I need to confer with the rest of the group and see what their financial status is. :(
Not until 2013

Thank goodness! I guess I will get to try it after all. Wording in the article just said "now" and never mentioned starting in 2013. That would have saved me a heart attack! LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom