Le Cellier Going Signature For Lunch

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
I know dinner has been a signature meal since March 2011, and it's been rumored for a while that lunch would also change. Now that the 2013 Deluxe Dining Plan brochure is out, Le Cellier is clearly listed as a signature restaurant for both lunch and dinner.

I was wondering - will you keep going to Le Cellier even though it'll be 2 credits/more expensive? IMO, the tables are just too close together, and the place doesn't have the atmosphere of a signature restaurant like Artist Point, Jiko, Citricos, Yachtsman Steakhouse, or even Hollywood Brown Derby.

Then again, many people absolutely love Le Cellier's cheese soup, mushroom filet, and maple crème brûlée, which I'm sure will keep the restaurant busy for both lunch and dinner (and the signature dinner must've been successful enough if they're turning lunch into a signature as well).

DonaldDoleWhip

Original Poster
Agreed with both of you - Le Cellier is at the bottom of my list of signatures. Artist Point, Yachtsman, Jiko, Narcoossee's, Brown Derby, Citricos, Flying Fish, and California Grill are all better.

I think they're taking this too far - as is, Le Cellier isn't a signature restaurant. Even if they turn the dinner menu into the all-day menu, it'll still be lacking compared to the other signatures.

tink65

You know....this is the first year since 2005 that we have not booked at ADR at Le Cellier. Didnt' even try..........

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Le Cellier is the second most difficult restaurant to book an ADR at, after dinner at 'Ohana. It's now got a certain mystique surrounding it, and a lot of first time visitors feel it's a must do, regardless of the price.

I like the place, particularly the Choup and the creme brelee (the entrees don't really "wow" me, but they're good), but I won't go out of my way to make an ADR there.

plaz10

(in my best Darth Vader voice) NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

hahaha. I usually use DDP and while I really love Le Cellier - I think it the psychological aspect of now using 2 credits as opposed to the 1 have before...I think I'll pass. I'll probably pay out of pocket it for it but I don't think I'll use 2 credits.

I will really savor my DDP 1 credit Le Cellier lunch on my upcoming trip.

But I bet Le Cellier lunch will be WIDE OPEN now since if I'm spending 2 credits anyway - I'd rather eat a steak for dinner not lunch.

Tinkerbella16

Looks like it won't be so hard to make an ADR for Le Cellier in 2013 now! I do not see it being worth 2 credits for dinner, let alone lunch! Craziness!! :eek:

bgraham34

I am finally trying this for the first time in Sept. I am not on the dining plan but have a TIW card. I have tried for years to eat their and finally had a reservation open when i booked a few months back.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It does boggle the mind.

At 1 credit it was one of the best values on property. At 2 it is almost the worst, but the faithful still line up. Ah well, to each his own.
I think it will take some time to shake out. There will be those that stick with it until the end, but I'm sure some people will start to get the idea as it goes on.

dreamfinder

And still the DP monster rolls on.... Interesting to see the long term shakeup in restaurant popularity from moves such as this.

Kevin_W

Is the change effective January 1? (I ask since last time the change happened in March.)

Compared to Yachtsman/Jiko I'm sure the fact that it's actually in the park has a lot to do with it's popularity. AKL is somewhat difficult to get to and while the Yacht and Beach Club isn't (it's not much farther than Canada) it is still outside the park.

TINKER625

We just came back from WDW. Family of 5- 2 adults 3 childern.We had the food plan. If you dont go to the most expensive restaurants order the most expensive meal, get the dessert, get the drink , get the snack NO WAY is the plan cost saving. The plan is for convenience no savings. I believe wdw has dumbed down everyone with there food plan. The food has become subpair AND disney charges 5 star restaurants prices for 1 1/2 star food. The amount of food thrown out at Pico bills was very upsetting. They call a number and then 10 seconds later the food was dumped. This happend 3 times in front of us, waiting for our food.We did tell the man YOUR THROWING AWAY FOOD forwhat(because they did not get there food quick enough.)Thats what were paying for wasted food. Better to pay out of pocket. I personal feel we are being taken advantage of with the food plan.

bhg469

We just came back from WDW. Family of 5- 2 adults 3 childern.We had the food plan. If you dont go to the most expensive restaurants order the most expensive meal, get the dessert, get the drink , get the snack NO WAY is the plan cost saving. The plan is for convenience no savings. I believe wdw has dumbed down everyone with there food plan. The food has become subpair AND disney charges 5 star restaurants prices for 1 1/2 star food. The amount of food thrown out at Pico bills was very upsetting. They call a number and then 10 seconds later the food was dumped. This happend 3 times in front of us, waiting for our food.We did tell the man YOUR THROWING AWAY FOOD forwhat(because they did not get there food quick enough.)Thats what were paying for wasted food. Better to pay out of pocket. I personal feel we are being taken advantage of with the food plan.

Waste is tricky. Once it is served they cannot just give it away. Its silly but food shelters cannot take prepared food that was put on a table. On the other hand Disney cannot serve food that has been sitting, sure it mightstill be edible but if it comes back they are cooking more food anyway and they have to deal with complaints.

As far as the dining plan, you can lose money on it or you can break even. Its not really a deal but it is convenient and that's why I like it. What I don't like is that it makes ADRs much harder to get.

Le Cellier was just alright to me, it is certianly not a signature in my opinion. Nowhere near the level of Jiko. IMO the wave is now the best dining plan deal on the park. Great food that is unique and still 1 point... For now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom