Le Cellier - dinner menu items at lunch?

MissM

Original Poster
I'm going to be eating at Le Cellier for the first time for my birthday in May. They didn't have any dinner reservations so we had to get lunch ones. Problem is that the steak I wanted to try shows up on the dinner menu, but not the lunch one.

Dinner: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7 oz. Filet Mignon - glazed with maple barbecue sauce and accompanied by cream cheese mashed potatoes $26.99

It's the maple barbecue I'm interested in. The lunch steak is:
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grilled Petit Filet - served over cream cheese mashed potatoes, finished with a roasted garlic demi glace $21.99

It's garlic rather than maple bbq. Does anyone know if you can request the maple bbq at lunch for the steak instead of the garlic demi glace one? They have a maple bbq sandwich listed, so is it something they'd have on hand anyway? If I called them in advance would that help? Or am I just out of luck? It's the one thing I really wanted to try and I'm going for my *gulp* 30th birthday but we couldn't get a dinner ressie.

Thoughts?
-m
[/FONT]

Nemo14

I'm going to be eating at Le Cellier for the first time for my birthday in May. They didn't have any dinner reservations so we had to get lunch ones. Problem is that the steak I wanted to try shows up on the dinner menu, but not the lunch one.

Dinner: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7 oz. Filet Mignon - glazed with maple barbecue sauce and accompanied by cream cheese mashed potatoes $26.99

It's the maple barbecue I'm interested in. The lunch steak is:
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Grilled Petit Filet - served over cream cheese mashed potatoes, finished with a roasted garlic demi glace $21.99

It's garlic rather than maple bbq. Does anyone know if you can request the maple bbq at lunch for the steak instead of the garlic demi glace one? They have a maple bbq sandwich listed, so is it something they'd have on hand anyway? If I called them in advance would that help? Or am I just out of luck? It's the one thing I really wanted to try and I'm going for my *gulp* 30th birthday but we couldn't get a dinner ressie.

Thoughts?
-m
[/FONT]
It wouldn't hurt to call, but either way, you'll have a great meal!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm sure they'd accommodate a relatively simple request for a change of sauce/glaze. It's a classy enough restaurant that everything isn't pre-prepared and served only one way...

gatordoc

I've found WDW restaurants to be very accomodating if you ask politely. For example, I've had Kona's fabulous Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes for dinner on occasion :slurp:

mouselvrmom

Mmmm, that's what I got for dinner there in January! It was so delicious! You're going to love it! I'm drooling just thinking about it! :lol:

tigsmom

I'm sure if you ask they will try to accommodate you, how hard can it be to substitute sauces? :shrug:

With that being said...we just had lunch at Le Cellier the other week and the DH had the petite filet and it was wonderful, the best steak he has had at WDW.

My oldest and I had the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Calgary Barbecue Sliced Prime Rib sandwich and it was so tender. [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.
[/FONT]

rainfully

The maple barbeque glaze is the most amazing taste i've ever had in my life! I've only eaten at Le Cellier twice, and it's the only thing I've ever gotten... and I can't imagine ordering anything else!! I hope you get it!

psdisney

Keep trying to call and get dinner reservations. My husband and I are going again in May (we went last year too!). It is so good! Last year we called every morning for two weeks when we woke up for reservations and we were finally able to get someone's cancellation. Not sure if it is true or not but we were told if someone cancels a reservation it won't be available until the next day?

ImaYoyo

I'm sure they'd accommodate a relatively simple request for a change of sauce/glaze. It's a classy enough restaurant that everything isn't pre-prepared and served only one way...
You'd be suprised, Monty... many restaurants (though, Le Cellier is fortunately not included) on property don't even have full on-site kitchens. Many things are pre-prepared in another location and then re-heated in a microwave or on a grill the size of a george forman grill. It's kind of sad. Some nice locations you wouldn't expect it to be prepared that way too!

MissM

Original Poster
Yeah, 4pm is the start of dinner. Which, heck, I wouldn't mind but...we could only get a 1pm. Love actually let it slip - it was going to be a surprise. But he knew how much I wanted to go and it is *gulp* my 30th birthday, so he's trying to plan a wonderful birthday trip. Heck, as it is, he had to take a lunch the Saturday before my birthday on the 12th instead of the Saturday after (the 19th.) My birthday is May 16th and this week, that's a Wednesday. There weren't very many options available I guess, so lunch it is.

I'm just really hoping I can try the maple barbecue fillet. It sounds so good!
-m

MissM

Original Poster
Ok, I called them and she told me that they do offer a lunch fillet (which I already knew of course) and if I wanted the dinner glaze on it instead, that I'd have to ask that day when I came in if it were available to be substituted.

So I guess I wait and see. *fingers crossed* I suppose it's a matter of whether or not it's ready, able to be ready or otherwise generally available day of which is why she can't tell me now on the phone.
-m

PigletIsMyCat

You'd be suprised, Monty... many restaurants (though, Le Cellier is fortunately not included) on property don't even have full on-site kitchens. Many things are pre-prepared in another location and then re-heated in a microwave or on a grill the size of a george forman grill. It's kind of sad. Some nice locations you wouldn't expect it to be prepared that way too!

I would ask you to name those locations. I have been backstage in many of the kitchens in Magic Kingdom and resorts including Contemportary, Grand Floridian, Poly, All the AllStars, Pop, POFQ, Carribian Beach, Colorado Springs, both water parks, ergh, basically all the resorts. I have not seen one restaurant on WDW property that is set up the way you have described.

MissM

Original Poster
Yeah I'll definitely opt for the garlic if I can't do it - no problem to me as I like garlic - but I kinda have always wanted to try the maple bbq.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom