Layoffs underway at Walt Disney World

Driver

Yes.

I’m sure it’s never been running any time I’ve stayed at the fort over the past 4 years.

And I’m sure there’s been no bus depot at MK labeled as Fort Wilderness any time I’ve looked for several years.

I know they can and do sometimes run the route just as they can run GF-MK if necessary. But it’s not a standard offering.
Ok here it is, it's called the "GREEN ROUTE" or sometimes we call it the "GREEN LINE" it runs from load zone #2 from MK to Wilderness Lodge then travels through the back access road to the Settlement ( Fort Wilderness) picks up in the circle that the yellow line uses to turn around in ( internal to the Fort) then returns back to MK..... I know cause I drive it !!!!!! And it runs everyday !!!!! Don't believe me go to Load Zone #2 at MK and take the ride!!!!

peter11435

Ok here it is, it's called the "GREEN ROUTE" or sometimes we call it the "GREEN LINE" it runs from load zone #2 from MK to Wilderness Lodge then travels through the back access road to the Settlement ( Fort Wilderness) picks up in the circle that the yellow line uses to turn around in ( internal to the Fort) then returns back to MK..... I know cause I drive it !!!!!! And it runs everyday !!!!! Don't believe me go to Load Zone #2 at MK and take the ride!!!!
Yes that is the route. But that is not how it is publicly displayed or advertised to the guests. Load zone 2 at MK is labeled as Wilderness Lodge.

Biff215

Ok my apologies I'm not being clear please allow me to recap. Bus service from Epcot resorts to DHS on a daily bases no, during inclement weather yes bus service. ( lightning etc.) But brace yourselves boat service from EPCOT resorts to DHS will stop for approximately 4-6 weeks it's a temporary shut down. And buses will run full time during this duration.
Do you know when this is happening? I assume it’s due to the construction at the DHS entrance, which does make sense.

peter11435

I'm done with you, a few post back you said no such route existed and I asked you if you were sure. Now you agree it exist and want to argue how it's advertised. Go troll with someone else I'm not here for that.
You just want to miss the point and that’s fine.

Monorail_Red_77

Yes.

I’m sure it’s never been running any time I’ve stayed at the fort over the past 4 years.

And I’m sure there’s been no bus depot at MK labeled as Fort Wilderness any time I’ve looked for several years.

I know they can and do sometimes run the route just as they can run GF-MK if necessary. But it’s not a standard offering.

Last year during July 4th. I noticed there were one or two spots labeled TTC at MK Bus Depot. I thought that was pretty special. With Monorail and Ferry Boats running to boot.

Driver

Do you know when this is happening? I assume it’s due to the construction at the DHS entrance, which does make sense.
As promised I got the info... starting May 7th and lasting approximately 6 weeks they will be working on the Swan & Dolphin resort bridge. This will stop Friendship boat service to DHS. Bus service to and from DHS will be available at Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach and Swan Dolphin

Biff215

As promised I got the info... starting May 7th and lasting approximately 6 weeks they will be working on the Swan & Dolphin resort bridge. This will stop Friendship boat service to DHS. Bus service to and from DHS will be available at Boardwalk, Yacht & Beach and Swan Dolphin
Thanks! Surprised we haven’t heard this (to my knowledge at least), and wonder if guests were notified. It’s not a huge change, not like the monorail being down, but something that I would personally miss. Of course you can usually beat the Friendships by foot, but it’s a nice relaxing ride anyway.

Speaking of that, I assume this bridge closure won’t affect the walking path? I’m not sure which bridge this is.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Speaking of that, I assume this bridge closure won’t affect the walking path? I’m not sure which bridge this is.
There are three bridges... @Driver , can you specify which bridge we're talking about here?
bridges.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom