Latest Social Media 'Experiment'?

RHeath2

I had no plans to go, but my mind could be changed if ribs will be served.

I will be there.

I thought about it ... I always do, but doubt it. Got too much on my plate both travel/life wise and the meetings just aren't what they used to be since they started playing 'let's hide them from the fans and hold them in the winter in places no one would want to travel to'.

Why? You thinking about it?

My unsolicited advice would be to save the $$$ and use it toward a Disney (or other) trip elsewhere.

They won't be making any big announcements at it.

Flight loads are next to nil at the moment to MCI. Might be worth the quick trip...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Flight loads are next to nil at the moment to MCI. Might be worth the quick trip...

At the moment, I'm gonna pass. Thought about it.

But I have a (blank) load of travel coming up, including five weeks in Europe, a week in O-Town, a week in N.C. ... and that just takes me to May.

Then there's a summer visit to the west coast ... likely business trips there as well ... a month in LA in September and ...

Yeah, I just don't see any value in attending ... beyond maybe forcing an awkward meeting with Iger ... or watching his underlings keeping me away from him and any BoD members. Just not a lot of fun.

When they were in Anaheim or Orlando or NYC, I could always make an excuse to attend ... not K.C.

~Hammerheads are kewl!!~

WDW1974

Original Poster
So what happened to this Insidears effort? I see now that the address redirects to the DP Blog.

Oh, I love it when old Spirited threads are resurrected ...

Almost forgot about this little beauty. Disney put time, money and resources into insideEars and suddenly decided to kill it.

I'm not really sure why, but I have a strong idea that Disney didn't trust the Lifestylers quite enough to let them be defacto reps for the company. Disney wants 100% control.

You could always send a note to Blondie and ask her.

BrightImagine

Sorry for the bump but I was coming by to ask this same question. I had completely forgotten about InsidEARs and then found my old email saying I was now a member. Clicked and was redirected to Parks Blog. Went to their Twitter and the last tweet was from May 25. Went to their Facebook page and it doesn't exist anymore.

What happened? Was anyone who was a part of it notified that it was going away? I tried a few searches but it's as if it just suddenly disappeared... After so many months of buildup...

Edit... last tweet was from 5/27/12... I mistook the date.

Last edited:

Sped2424

Oh, I love it when old Spirited threads are resurrected ...

Almost forgot about this little beauty. Disney put time, money and resources into insideEars and suddenly decided to kill it.

I'm not really sure why, but I have a strong idea that Disney didn't trust the Lifestylers quite enough to let them be defacto reps for the company. Disney wants 100% control.

You could always send a note to Blondie and ask her.
If you don't mind me asking what is it exactly that you dd work wise?

WDW1974

Original Poster
Sorry for the bump but I was coming by to ask this same question. I had completely forgotten about InsidEARs and then found my old email saying I was now a member. Clicked and was redirected to Parks Blog. Went to their Twitter and the last tweet was from May 25. Went to their Facebook page and it doesn't exist anymore.

What happened? Was anyone who was a part of it notified that it was going away? I tried a few searches but it's as if it just suddenly disappeared... After so many months of buildup...

Edit... last tweet was from 5/27/12... I mistook the date.

Well, since you were a member, it was oh-so (not)-professional for them to cease the project and not tell anyone. Why not email Gary.Buchanan@Disney.com ...unlike his co-workers I do believe he may be competent and actually have a soul. Perhaps, he can give you an official statement on why Disney feels Mommy Bloggers are more important tools to uss in getting Disney's spin out there.

I'd be fascinated by the response.

FigmentJedi

Luckily, I don't read any of Disney's official blogs outside the Parks Blog and the historical features behind D23's membership wall.

That Oh My Disney they seem to be heavily promoting is pretty much the internet equivalent to Disney Dance Crew: A cringe-inducing attempt to act trendy and relevant but coming off like the Today Show talking about the Rickrolling and the Gangnam Style.

Belowthesurface

Well, since you were a member, it was oh-so (not)-professional for them to cease the project and not tell anyone. Why not email Gary.Buchanan@Disney.com ...unlike his co-workers I do believe he may be competent and actually have a soul. Perhaps, he can give you an official statement on why Disney feels Mommy Bloggers are more important tools to uss in getting Disney's spin out there.

I'd be fascinated by the response.

Did you know Mommy Bloggers get VIP guides in the parks since they are considered "media."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom