Latest construction site photos (Jan 3 2012)

tl77

If they're going to paint Eric Castle white they'll prolly do that last, or a least after the the roof is on... I'm a painter and white paint + dirt = big mess

Scuttle

I am heading to the MK Sunday for the day and to get fantasyland construction pictures and a last ride on Dumbo. Be sure to check. I'll post them Sunday evening.

MKCP 1985

Yes, I asked an Imagineer at the Expo about this actually and he told me you will be flying over water like you do in Disneyland.

doesn't look like it in the construction photos, does it? That's the wonder of new construction though. I hope you are right and they put in the water.

alissafalco

doesn't look like it in the construction photos, does it? That's the wonder of new construction though. I hope you are right and they put in the water.

I don't think there will be water either...from all the pictures and the construction there is no water. Maybe when he asked the imagineer they were, but plans changed.

alissafalco

picture.php

mvieguy

I think that train was supposed to be a food service location. You can see some imbrellas near it which would probably have been the seating area. I am guessing this idea was dropped.

THAT train, is Casey Jr. its not a Food Service location. its actually for the Water area, with fountains and what not. its part of the new area.

Go back and look at the Mock ups again.

Murphketeer

THAT train, is Casey Jr. its not a Food Service location. its actually for the Water area, with fountains and what not. its part of the new area.

It doesn't look like they are working on this yet in the overhead shots.

WDWFREAK53

It's hard to go by that art. It shows more Dumbo's on one side then the other and we know that isn't happening, so it's hard to say how much other artistic license was taken with it.

The one in motion has less Dumbos due to the "motion." (If you look at the arms...they're not symmetrically placed)

EDIT: Looking at that art again...I never noticed the fountain with the "jumping" water. (Not sure if they're jumping like at Imagination but definitely able to walk under the water!)

ob1thx1138

No the train in the art above is for food service. The water play area will be at the round house which is attached to the new train station. It looks like the SCL will be train rich once it is all said and done.

And yes the dumbo shown with more arms is drawn like that to imply motion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom