Latest aerial views of the Fantasyland site - Dumbo Foundations, Storybook station

Kamikaze

The size of the water feature itself was hard to determine from the plan I was using. I believe it's going to be fairly large in the BatB area - more like a moat in front of the castle.

So, it probably will be as big as that excavation. Perhaps a bit smaller once they pour the concrete bottom and fill it in some. It's supposed to feed from the Beast's mountain, down into that pond, and then flow out into the mine ride area. There will be a couple large bridges in that area.

And then it will be filled in as a planter.

BriEcho3194

They MIGHT be incorporated into the final landscape, but their sole purpose right now is to obstruct the view of the construction site from the guests. Disney's construction specifications call for this requirement, and go into detail regarding the famous construction walls, landscaping berms and temporary screening.

Since they're in pots right now, those trees likely won't be fit to use for permanent landscaping.

Ohhhhhhhhh! Okay It makes sense too lol thanks for the clear up

NewfieFan

I created this very poor illustration showing where the Mine Ride will go. The track will ROUGHLY follow the green line, and the red lines represent the perimeters of the landscaping, paths, etc. The blue represents the new water features.

picture.php

Awesome! Love this kind of stuff! (*geek* :eek:)

Do you know where the walkways are for LM? Will we be walking over little bridges as well to access the ride and M&G area?

I'm so excited for this expansion, I'm so excited for water and new landscaping, I'm so excited for new buildings, I'm so excited... (did I mention I was a geek!?!).

devoy1701

Do you know where the walkways are for LM? Will we be walking over little bridges as well to access the ride and M&G area?

I'm so excited for this expansion, I'm so excited for water and new landscaping, I'm so excited for new buildings, I'm so excited... (did I mention I was a geek!?!).

and you just can't hide it.

:lookaroun

aladdin2007

Okay the big black square right across from Pinnochios Village Haus in the lower left hand corner of the expansion, below Belles cottage, what is going there? or is that the part some of you have been talking about the kidney shape? I see it as a black square though?

devoy1701

Okay the big black square right across from Pinnochios Village Haus in the lower left hand corner of the expansion, below Belles cottage, what is going there? or is that the part some of you have been talking about the kidney shape? I see it as a black square though?

That is the roof of one of the rooms in the existing Utilidors....I believe Wardrobe?

It will be covered again when they start doing the final landscaping and pathways.

Tom

Beta Return

LM queue will wind around outdoors by the water, back in behind that zig-zag wall. It will likely have little bridges and other changes in elevation. Might even pass a waterfall. Then the queue will finish up inside.

Welcome to the geek club :)

That's the roof of, as Devoy mentioned, the current wardrobe and locker areas. It will eventually have planters and a castle wall on top of it.

They extended a piece of tunnel off the back of it to get to Belle's cottage, and perhaps onto the lower level of the restaurant.

JoClovesCARS

Right, it is some grand Disney plan :lol: Some sort of conspiracy :ROFLOL:

If there are any plants here, it is the doom and gloom that always shows up here anytime something new opens at WDW or gets announced. Predictable as it can be. Fortunately the mods eventually weed them out. My sense is they are employed by another local resort. The only thing I am not so sure about is if it is a sanctioned plan by paid employess or if it is something unofficial that is being carried out by employess or employee family members. If I had to guess I would say the later.

You can tell I call it like I see it because I thought the original FLE plan was the better plan except for PH which was over-imagineered. A DL version would be better. The FLE will only succeed in my opinion if the 'place setting' is done right and I still hold out hope that it will be as good as the original artwork depicted.

I know this thread is not for PH, but the original plans called for Pixie Hollow to be built after it was dismantled from the tent. To put the fairies in Epcot out in the open is very confusing to kids. My granddaughter loved the effect of going into the one room before the hollowand being "shrunk" to compare in size to Tink. I think the new LM and additional Dumbo will be great, but I also think the old tried and true characters need attention too. PP has always been a beloved part of Disney and it has almost no relevance. They have put all their eggs in the princess basket and forgot about the fairies and things for boys.

I am glad they finally realized Lightning McQueen need to do something in HS and put him in the stunt show. Now if they would just put some of the effects of CARS LAND from CA into HS that would be great. I was there in January right before they closed FL and look forward to seeing the process in January, 2012 when I go back again. :sohappy:

Tom

Beta Return
LOL it's Nautilus but yeah that would be cool! Will there be waves going up against the shore? Cause I remember in a concept art it looked as if waves were going up against the shore lol

I think Lee was looking for the plural. Is Nautilus it's own plural?

Waves would be cool, but likely a maintenance nightmare, between equipment and constantly repainting the rockwork. Probably a little artistic license on the artist's part.

BriEcho3194

I think Lee was looking for the plural. Is Nautilus it's own plural?

Waves would be cool, but likely a maintenance nightmare, between equipment and constantly repainting the rockwork. Probably a little artistic license on the artist's part.

Ohh oops my bad I thought he was looking for the spelling :lol:

and yeah it does look like it would be a pain from the sounds of it. Couldn't they just use like real rock or something where waves would come up? I mean just a thought overall but if it was to happen i would be amazed! Fingers crossed though if not it will still be spectacular! :p

Tom

Beta Return
Ohh oops my bad I thought he was looking for the spelling :lol:

and yeah it does look like it would be a pain from the sounds of it. Couldn't they just use like real rock or something where waves would come up? I mean just a thought overall but if it was to happen i would be amazed! Fingers crossed though if not it will still be spectacular! :p

I'm thinking they'll have a waterfall, so there will at least be some kinetics in the area. Maybe that's what's shown in the rendering....the splash up from the waterfall :shrug:

hpyhnt 1000

I'm thinking they'll have a waterfall, so there will at least be some kinetics in the area. Maybe that's what's shown in the rendering....the splash up from the waterfall :shrug:

How about something similar to The Living Seas wave effect (after 25 years its still going strong)? :shrug:

BTW edward, nice rendering!

DisneyDadFL

Saw this on twitter early this morning. Not sure how correct it is but looks promising.

@DisneyatWork: Digging and foundation work commenced on new Seven Dwarf's roller coaster at the MK Fantasyland Forest addition http://yfrog.com/h66r2ksj

errr - sorry, meant this to go in the Rumours Circulating Mine Train Coaster Could be Cancelled!!! thread - maybe a mod can move it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom