Latest aerial views of the Fantasyland site - Dumbo Foundations, Storybook station

828tnt

I CANT wait. i am soo excited to see how amazing it will all turn out. i know good things come to those who wait and we have all been waiting a while, and we will keep waiting and waiting, but i know it'll be AWESOME!!:ROFLOL::p:sohappy:

im excited for the barnstormer also

I can't wait for the expansion of fantasyland to be complete. Even though I'm a little sad that most of mickey's toontown fair will no longer be there I think Disney will make up for in it in the expansion. Knowing Disney, this addition will have something for everyone and will be awesome. Can't wait to go when it finally opens:sohappy:

I think that this expansion will truely put the "fantasy" in fantasyland. Beyond the castle, there really isnt anything that is "fantasy" in the current fantasyland. The buildings simply look like carnival buildings, and dated ones at that. This expansion will give us whole new stories and places to explore. That will be true fantasy. Losing Mickey's Toontown Fair will also be a plus as well. It was an interesting area, but I think that Storybook Circus will be a significant upgrade. And duplicating the ever-popular Dumbo ride was a smart idea as well. I can't wait for this expansion to be complete!!

i need you to speak slower and louder! i'm not following as good as i should....

BigThunderMatt

The only thing I am not so sure about is if it is a sanctioned plan by paid employess or if it is something unofficial that is being carried out by employess or employee family members. If I had to guess I would say the later.

You do realize there are MANY people in the Orlando area that work for both Disney and Universal right? I don't get where people like you have this grand idea that there's some kind of bloody rivalry going on between both resorts.

A troll is a troll and I guarantee you that's what 99% of the doom and gloomers are, regardless of their place of employment.

jt04

You do realize there are MANY people in the Orlando area that work for both Disney and Universal right? I don't get where people like you have this grand idea that there's some kind of bloody rivalry going on between both resorts.

A troll is a troll and I guarantee you that's what 99% of the doom and gloomers are, regardless of their place of employment.

You may be correct.

I'm not sure if there is a seperate thread but Steve posted a new aerial photo on the main page.

The FLE gets more amazing by the day. And there is stuff being installed that I have no idea what it is. :lol:

Merlin0402

If you look directly across from the Ariel M&G entrance you can see what appears to be the "Triton's Treasures" gift shop shown in the preview video starting to go up...

Lee

Adventurer
If you look directly across from the Ariel M&G entrance you can see what appears to be the "Triton's Treasures" gift shop shown in the preview video starting to go up...
Nope. That's not what that is.

"Triton's Treasures", originally designated to go roughly just left of where that circular sand pile is in that photo, does not appear on the most recent plans.

rreading

I suppose that I missed it in the initial discussions of FLE, but there were lots of changes happening...

But it looks like the tents in the picture are the same as were in Mickey's ToonTown (and were intended to be temporary in the first place)? Am I wrong about this. Suppose that it doesn't matter if they make it look good. (Unlike the new roof of the teacups).

Tom

Beta Return
I suppose that I missed it in the initial discussions of FLE, but there were lots of changes happening...

But it looks like the tents in the picture are the same as were in Mickey's ToonTown (and were intended to be temporary in the first place)? Am I wrong about this. Suppose that it doesn't matter if they make it look good. (Unlike the new roof of the teacups).

They are indeed the Toontown tents. *sigh*

pppapazo

Nope. That's not what that is.

"Triton's Treasures", originally designated to go roughly just left of where that circular sand pile is in that photo, does not appear on the most recent plans.

I imagine it got cut because it would be harder to fit the Triton's Treasures gift shop into the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train landscape than it would have been to integrate it with the cluster of Cinderella's and Aurora's homes.

cheezbat

Gotta love the fact that they keep the crappiest things from Toontown Fair for this expansion. I REALLY hope there's something worthwhile in those tents to intrigue me in this expansion, but as things stand...and knowing WDW's current track record, I'm expecting nothing worthwhile. lol

Lee

Adventurer
I REALLY hope there's something worthwhile in those tents to intrigue me in this expansion, but as things stand...and knowing WDW's current track record, I'm expecting nothing worthwhile. lol
The tents will house a merchandise location and a meet and greet.
Worthwhile....debatable...:shrug:

tirian

The tents will house a merchandise location and a meet and greet.
Worthwhile....debatable...:shrug:

As long as the tents keep the cheap toys off Main Street, they're worthwhile. When I visited Disneyland in March, I was disappointed and surprised that every store sold exactly the same preschool stuff except for one tiny shop in Town Square. As much as we all complain about the quality of WDW merchandise (including me), at least the MK has two decently large specialty shops, and Adventureland's selection has slowly become more exotic. I hope the merch team leaves the toy store plush in the circus tent and continues to roll out unique items everywhere else.

tirian

Dumbo's Circus is the perfect theme for the shelved "Mickey's Madhouse" dark ride, and we're not getting it. :brick:

NewfieFan

Dumbo's Circus is the perfect theme for the shelved "Mickey's Madhouse" dark ride, and we're not getting it. :brick:

So what was the concept for Mickey's Madhouse? And was there a picture of it in a D23 calendar? Or am I thinking of something different?

Do we know what characters will be meeting in one of the tents? I would love to see some old cartoon favorites come back but that's wishful thinking!

tirian

So what was the concept for Mickey's Madhouse? And was there a picture of it in a D23 calendar? Or am I thinking of something different?

Do we know what characters will be meeting in one of the tents? I would love to see some old cartoon favorites come back but that's wishful thinking!

Yes, that was it in the D23 calendar.

It was a C- or D-ticket dark ride that would have been part of Dumbo's Circus at Disneyland, which was itself part of Tony Baxter's Discovery Bay that never was built.

Read about it at http://www.theneverlandfiles.com/tnf/disneyland/dumboscircusland.php.

GLaDOS

:dazzle:

Would have been pretty spectacular, and would have added some more substance to this "expansion", rather than it just being a piecemeal replacement of lost capacity.

NewfieFan

I imagine it got cut because it would be harder to fit the Triton's Treasures gift shop into the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train landscape than it would have been to integrate it with the cluster of Cinderella's and Aurora's homes.

So is this why it got cut, I wonder?

djkidkaz

I see in todays update they have started digging the holes which will make the waterways! Or is that related to the mine train?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I see in todays update they have started digging the holes which will make the waterways! Or is that related to the mine train?

I would definitly say that hole is for the water features. According to the artwork the mine train will start closer to Little Mermaid. It's sounding like the mine train is still in the design phase so it's not likely we will see construction starting any time soon.

I wish the shot showed the area down by Dumbo better, seems to be a lot going on down there.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I like seeing the water feature work started in the new pictures of the BatB area.
Also, I like how they already have some of the "grass" texturing done on the rockwork.
The new building directly in between BatB and TLM looks to be on the BatB side. I take it this is the merch building (can't remember the name) that was going there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom