Latest aerial views of the Fantasyland site - Dumbo Foundations, Storybook station

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I like seeing the water feature work started in the new pictures of the BatB area.
Also, I like how they already have some of the "grass" texturing done on the rockwork.
The new building directly in between BatB and TLM looks to be on the BatB side. I take it this is the merch building (can't remember the name) that was going there?

The building attached the Beasts castle will be Gaston's tavern, the one with it's back to Little Mermaid I believe will be Bonjour! Village Gifts.

Dan

Tom

Beta Return
I see in todays update they have started digging the holes which will make the waterways! Or is that related to the mine train?

Definitely the waterway in front of BatB. It will have a couple of large bridges going over it.

The building attached the Beasts castle will be Gaston's tavern, the one with it's back to Little Mermaid I believe will be Bonjour! Village Gifts.

Dan

I concur. But, based on the proximity to LM, I presumed it would be a mermaid related shop. It's labeled as MERCH on the blueprints, but doesn't specify what merch.

Lee

Adventurer
I concur. But, based on the proximity to LM, I presumed it would be a mermaid related shop. It's labeled as MERCH on the blueprints, but doesn't specify what merch.
It's Bonjour Village Gifts. Yeah...odd what with it being so close to LM, but it actually will not be really close the the LM entrance. it kinda backs up to part of the outdoor queue.
The Mermaid shop that was to have been across from the Grotto appears to have been cut, from what I am now seeing.

Tom

Beta Return
It's Bonjour Village Gifts. Yeah...odd what with it being so close to LM, but it actually will not be really close the the LM entrance. it kinda backs up to part of the indoor queue.
The Mermaid shop that was to have been across from the Grotto appears to have been cut, from what I am now seeing.

Ah yes, my mistake. After taking another look, I see now that it will indeed be Bonjour Village Gifts, with Maurice's Popping Machine close by. They must be constructing a taller wall behind the shop, because right now it's open right into Mermaid's outdoor queue. Strange.

jumblue

I know some people aren't seeing enough space for the Mine Train, but don't forget Dumbo will eventually be moving, which I'm sure will open up some room.

Perhaps even Lee's missing gift shop was given up to make some room as well?

Pics look great, though I kinda wish there was one covering the area between LM and B&tB.

Tom

Beta Return
I created this very poor illustration showing where the Mine Ride will go. The track will ROUGHLY follow the green line, and the red lines represent the perimeters of the landscaping, paths, etc. The blue represents the new water features.

picture.php

IXray

Alot of action there this morning. Workers and trucks moving about. Beast's castle looks surprisingly realistic. It's a pretty cool effect.

So for the new Dumbo spinner... is there gonna be one that's wheelchair accessible?

The maps show Magic Carpets and TriceraTop you can remain in a standard wheelchair on them.

ob1thx1138

So a couple questions I have looking at those pics.

What is the deal with the Potty Pit? There is a line of porta potties South of TLM Ride with a huge sand pit behind them and it is fenced off. So whats that for (the pit not the potties)??

Also what is that in the lower left hand corner of the BOG picture? It looks like a foundation for a castle wall, but it is sort of kidney shaped.?.?.?

Magenta Panther

I created this very poor illustration showing where the Mine Ride will go. The track will ROUGHLY follow the green line, and the red lines represent the perimeters of the landscaping, paths, etc. The blue represents the new water features.

picture.php

Thank you for this! It clears up most of the doubts and confusion I've been feeling when trying to place the ride within the expansion. Looks like it'll fit in nicely. Well done!

toolsnspools

picture.php

I didn't realize the mine train would have upside down loops. :D

Seriously... Nice job Edward.

I wonder if they have connected into the utilidors at all. There seems to be a number of deep holes in the area now, that would easily be at that level or even deeper.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

What is the deal with the Potty Pit? There is a line of porta potties South of TLM Ride with a huge sand pit behind them and it is fenced off. So whats that for (the pit not the potties)??

Also what is that in the lower left hand corner of the BOG picture? It looks like a foundation for a castle wall, but it is sort of kidney shaped.?.?.?

I was wondering about that kidney shaped wall also. I assume it's going to be part of the castle wall but it's not something that shows up in any of the concept art.

Tom

Beta Return

The "pit" is the concrete wash-out area. They've had hundreds, if not thousands of concrete trucks on site, pouring concrete. Each one of them has to wash out their chute and drum before going back to the plant, so the concrete doesn't dry up and ruin the truck.

South of BatB is merely a landscape island. I don't think they've started any work on the castle walls, since one of them goes almost exactly where Dumbo is sitting right now. Everything you see has to do with BatB and LM, so far.

Thank you for this! It clears up most of the doubts and confusion I've been feeling when trying to place the ride within the expansion. Looks like it'll fit in nicely. Well done!

Thanks. It's as true to the original plans as possible, with the caveat that I didn't have a lot of landmarks to go off of and the photo is at a skewed angle.

I didn't realize the mine train would have upside down loops. :D

Seriously... Nice job Edward.

I wonder if they have connected into the utilidors at all. There seems to be a number of deep holes in the area now, that would easily be at that level or even deeper.

Ha! No loops, but it will circle back on itself and cross over/under a few times. The large open area in the lower left part of the Mine Ride area (where the 4 white pick-up trucks are parked) will be the queue, and the load/unload building will be along that straight(ish) section of track, with the garage behind it.

I believe they made a tiny utilidor connection so that Belle could get from her cottage to the main tunnel area and "zoo". There are no new tunnels out in the FLE area. There was going to be a new spur for the princesses when the central area was going to be a Meet-n-Greet, but they scrapped that when they scrapped the MnG.

devoy1701

The "pit" is the concrete wash-out area. They've had hundreds, if not thousands of concrete trucks on site, pouring concrete. Each one of them has to wash out their chute and drum before going back to the plant, so the concrete doesn't dry up and ruin the truck.

South of BatB is merely a landscape island. I don't think they've started any work on the castle walls, since one of them goes almost exactly where Dumbo is sitting right now. Everything you see has to do with BatB and LM, so far.

Thanks. It's as true to the original plans as possible, with the caveat that I didn't have a lot of landmarks to go off of and the photo is at a skewed angle.

Ha! No loops, but it will circle back on itself and cross over/under a few times. The large open area in the lower left part of the Mine Ride area (where the 4 white pick-up trucks are parked) will be the queue, and the load/unload building will be along that straight(ish) section of track, with the garage behind it.

I believe they made a tiny utilidor connection so that Belle could get from her cottage to the main tunnel area and "zoo". There are no new tunnels out in the FLE area. There was going to be a new spur for the princesses when the central area was going to be a Meet-n-Greet, but they scrapped that when they scrapped the MnG.

Tom - the latest pictures that Steve put up show a rather large water feature being dug out infront of BatB that I think skew your "interpretation". Unless the hole they are digging is a water feature that will be integrated into the Mine Coaster as well...or perhaps they're just digging for elevation changes...but for some reason the way they have it baracading off leads me to think it's a pond. It looks like it lines up just about even with the BatB giftshop.

BriEcho3194

I kinda relieved this and I know this has nothing to do with what we are talking about but...the tree's along the walls? maybe they aren't there just to hide construction? But are there to be place when the Expansion is done?! lol Sorry just a random thought:)

Tom

Beta Return
Tom - the latest pictures that Steve put up show a rather large water feature being dug out infront of BatB that I think skew your "interpretation". Unless the hole they are digging is a water feature that will be integrated into the Mine Coaster as well...or perhaps they're just digging for elevation changes...but for some reason the way they have it baracading off leads me to think it's a pond. It looks like it lines up just about even with the BatB giftshop.

The size of the water feature itself was hard to determine from the plan I was using. I believe it's going to be fairly large in the BatB area - more like a moat in front of the castle.

So, it probably will be as big as that excavation. Perhaps a bit smaller once they pour the concrete bottom and fill it in some. It's supposed to feed from the Beast's mountain, down into that pond, and then flow out into the mine ride area. There will be a couple large bridges in that area.

Tom

Beta Return
I kinda relieved this and I know this has nothing to do with what we are talking about but...the tree's along the walls? maybe they aren't there just to hide construction? But are there to be place when the Expansion is done?! lol Sorry just a random thought:)

They MIGHT be incorporated into the final landscape, but their sole purpose right now is to obstruct the view of the construction site from the guests. Disney's construction specifications call for this requirement, and go into detail regarding the famous construction walls, landscaping berms and temporary screening.

Since they're in pots right now, those trees likely won't be fit to use for permanent landscaping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom