Latest aerial views of the Fantasyland site - Dumbo Foundations, Storybook station

jimmyking211

Wow.
Seriously...this thread suddenly started to sound like the Disney Parks Blog. Disney PR could've written those last posts..:ROFLOL:

Kinda fishy...:lookaroun

thanks for the compliment, and no, I'm just a college kid who really really loves Disney

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Notice... Hicksville, NY.. Rochester, NY, joing in July of this year... Spreading heaping piles of pixie dust... hmmm I'm with Lee... fishy, fishy, fishy...

Literally opposite ends of the state.....

No need to be suspicious simply because of enthusiasm. Regardless of the saccharine levels involved.....

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

No need to be suspicious simply because of enthusiasm. Regardless of the saccharine levels involved.....

Agreed. With the number of people pointing out all the problems because of their "love" of Disney I'm starting to think Disneys competitors are planting their own. :shrug:

tirian

Wow.
Seriously...this thread suddenly started to sound like the Disney Parks Blog. Disney PR could've written those last posts..:ROFLOL:

Kinda fishy...:lookaroun

Weird right?? They all join up in July... and yep, the pixie dust spin machine is out in full force... Disney's attendance figures must be coming in on the low end again LOL..

I won't accuse any of the new guys because you never know, but it is part of the Mouse's PR strategy to plant over-the-top posts in established online communities. This is nothing new; most large companies do it.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I won't accuse any of the new guys because you never know, but it is part of the Mouse's PR strategy to plant over-the-top posts in established online communities. This is nothing new; most large companies do it.

I don't think there's some sort of cabal going on here. This may be one of those times where coincidence came together.

But if there's some huge suspicion about a game being afoot, report them to the mods to look further into it. Otherwise, live and let live.....

jimmyking211

to be honest, I was just expressing my opinion for the upcoming Fantasyland expansion and how excited I am for it to open. Sorry if my enthusiasm came across as me working in Disney's PR, but honestly I'm a college student

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
to be honest, I was just expressing my opinion for the upcoming Fantasyland expansion and how excited I am for it to open. Sorry if my enthusiasm came across as me working in Disney's PR, but honestly I'm a college student

Don't worry about it.....

tirian

No worries. Most of us are excited too. :wave:

jt04

I don't think there's some sort of cabal going on here. This may be one of those times where coincidence came together.

But if there's some huge suspicion about a game being afoot, report them to the mods to look further into it. Otherwise, live and let live.....

Right, it is some grand Disney plan :lol: Some sort of conspiracy :ROFLOL:

If there are any plants here, it is the doom and gloom that always shows up here anytime something new opens at WDW or gets announced. Predictable as it can be. Fortunately the mods eventually weed them out. My sense is they are employed by another local resort. The only thing I am not so sure about is if it is a sanctioned plan by paid employess or if it is something unofficial that is being carried out by employess or employee family members. If I had to guess I would say the later.

You can tell I call it like I see it because I thought the original FLE plan was the better plan except for PH which was over-imagineered. A DL version would be better. The FLE will only succeed in my opinion if the 'place setting' is done right and I still hold out hope that it will be as good as the original artwork depicted.

Scuttle

Weird right?? They all join up in July... and yep, the pixie dust spin machine is out in full force... Disney's attendance figures must be coming in on the low end again LOL..

Ya that's hilarious. There is no doubt that they get on here and post. You know it's funny, I work as a bell hop for one of the Loews hotels at Universal and once in a while I get guests who are coming from staying at Disney and most of the time the deluxes and they 9 times out of 10 say this hotel blows the disney hotel out of the water. I strongly disagree personally, but I am a Disney fan. I would say the services at Loews hotels are better, but the theming isn't even in the same galaxy. Anyway my point is if people are coming from disney and are blown away with Loews hotels where are they going to stay there next vacation to orlando? Just saying.

tirian

Ya that's hilarious. There is no doubt that they get on here and post. You know it's funny, I work as a bell hop for one of the Loews hotels at Universal and once in a while I get guests who are coming from staying at Disney and most of the time the deluxes and they 9 times out of 10 say this hotel blows the disney hotel out of the water. I strongly disagree personally, but I am a Disney fan. I would say the services at Loews hotels are better, but the theming isn't even in the same galaxy. Anyway my point is if people are coming from disney and are blown away with Loews hotels where are they going to stay there next vacation to orlando? Just saying.

I've had people tell me that too, and I don't see it either. Even some of the Disney moderates are better themed than Uni's. Maybe they're comparing the prices/quality value. :shrug:

Captain Chaos

I've had people tell me that too, and I don't see it either. Even some of the Disney moderates are better themed than Uni's. Maybe they're comparing the prices/quality value. :shrug:

A friend of mine, a Disney freak, more so than some of the members here, prefer Universal's hotels over Disney's deluxe hotels... I've never stayed at a Universal hotel, not yet anyway, and with owning in the DVC, I doubt I will... but, plenty of people think Universal's Lowes hotels blow Disney's out of the water...

misterID

A friend of mine, a Disney freak, more so than some of the members here, prefer Universal's hotels over Disney's deluxe hotels... I've never stayed at a Universal hotel, not yet anyway, and with owning in the DVC, I doubt I will... but, plenty of people think Universal's Lowes hotels blow Disney's out of the water...

I've heard that same thing. I've never stayed at a UNI resort, so I cant say. I've always been impressed with Disney's Resorts.

Scuttle

Well personally I have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, Poly, Contemporary. I will say that Loews hotels are nicer(excluding GF) and have better guest services, but Disney isn't far behind and like I said in an earlier post they are light years better in theming. For instance at Loews I actually have the empowerment to send up free amenities of wine or chocolate covered strawberries or anything basically. When I worked for the Star Service department, I can't count the times we would send up free stuff. Dozens each day probably. I have stayed at 4 deluxes before and not once have I had an amenity or anything even along those lines waiting for me in the room.

Captain Chaos

I've heard that same thing. I've never stayed at a UNI resort, so I cant say. I've always been impressed with Disney's Resorts.

Me too, hence me buying into the DVC... I may give Universal's hotels a chance for a night or two, maybe, and then decide for myself...

Truth be told: The only Disney resorts I really don't like are the All Star Resorts... the theme of the others, I love... even though I never stayed at Port Orleans or beach/Yacht Club... But I have visited those resorts and came away impressed with the themes...

tirian

Well personally I have stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, Poly, Contemporary. I will say that Loews hotels are nicer(excluding GF) and have better guest services, but Disney isn't far behind and like I said in an earlier post they are light years better in theming. For instance at Loews I actually have the empowerment to send up free amenities of wine or chocolate covered strawberries or anything basically. When I worked for the Star Service department, I can't count the times we would send up free stuff. Dozens each day probably. I have stayed at 4 deluxes before and not once have I had an amenity or anything even along those lines waiting for me in the room.

Disney used to do that more often before the Internet age. Now the majority of the CMs responsible for magical touches are cynical because "everyone expects something."

I remember when the table service restaurants in Epcot gave you free chocolate mints after your meal. Even Olive Garden still does that.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

The Disney hotels are much better themed, sure. However, if you're looking for a high-end, luxury hotel, you can do MUCH better off property, even at the Loews hotels. Generally, the people looking for a luxury hotel are not concerned with theming, beyond that the resort is "plush" and looks like an expensive place. They want the other amenities that 5 star hotels provide- preferred seating at dinner, turndown service, champagne in the room, etc. For services like that, you do a LOT better off property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom