Latest aerial views of the Fantasyland site - Dumbo Foundations, Storybook station

Scuttle

I know, I keep wondering the same thing! We're going to have this (potentially) beautiful new area and there's going to be a great big wall in front of it and blocking it's view!?!

If they start construction soon it could easily be up and running by Oct. Problem is they have a small issue with something on the mine train, so hopefully that gets figured out and the foundation gets put down soon.

ob1thx1138

If they start construction soon it could easily be up and running by Oct. Problem is they have a small issue with something on the mine train, so hopefully that gets figured out and the foundation gets put down soon.

Now you know you can't make a comment like that without backing it up with a little more info. lol

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Now you know you can't make a comment like that without backing it up with a little more info. lol

There have been rumors going around that there are problems with the new ride mechanism, but Lee has indicated in another thread that these are nothing more the then typical types of problems you run into when developing a new ride mechanism.

Dads 2 Boys

In regards to the SW Coaster, let's not forget that some of it is going to be underground right? Hence the "mine" portion. There is plenty of room there and it's harder to see by aerial pics. Compare the size of that section of bare land to what we know is already in the existing FL and you will realize there is a good amount of room. All will be fine. :)

Scuttle

Not actually underground, no.
Through indoor scenes meant to depict "underground" or in a "mine".

Lee do you have any updates on construction start date or construction length? I remember a while back you thought it was only about a year start to finish. My source(which I admit isn't the best, but still has contacts that are credible within the company) says that he doesnt see how it would take until 2013 to get the mine train running if it breaks ground soon. He also said a few months back that the construction is ahead of schedule. So just curious what your thoughts are from what I have been told.

mayoki

Is this entire area connected to the Utilidors at all? Or are the 2 main buildings in the picture and the soon to be roller coaster stand alone buildings...

It appears from the pictures that the area comes right up to the entrance tunnel.

jt04

Not actually underground, no.
Through indoor scenes meant to depict "underground" or in a "mine".

A lost opportunity IMO. The extra space could have been used for retail, food/beverage or even a small attraction or two.

Rob562

Is this entire area connected to the Utilidors at all? Or are the 2 main buildings in the picture and the soon to be roller coaster stand alone buildings...

It appears from the pictures that the area comes right up to the entrance tunnel.

Not directly connected, no. Though when the Cinderella and Aurora M&G's were part of the plan, there *was* a separate tunnel that would connect the Utilitor entrance to the new showbuilding for those two experiences, and I know some initial work was started.
But whether that's still necessary for the mine train is unknown. Though there *is* a Utilidor-level area of the Be Our Guest/Belle complex, but it's most likely kitchens and a loading dock area.

-Rob

ob1thx1138

The only area with utilidoors under it is the BOG up to the new castle wall. They do not extend any further East. If you remember the large concrete square just north of Dumbo that everyone thought was something related to the expansion, well that is the farthest East portion in that area....man I need to just find a picture. lol

ob1thx1138

mkconstruction.jpg

Here you can see the Utilidors under construction. For bearings the Castle is the large structure in the upper portion of the pcture with what is now Pooh in the middle left. So you can see that Belles meet and greet and BOG are not on top of the old utilidors but I understand that they have been built with a lower level on the same level as the utilidor. The entire 20K lagoon area does not have anything under it.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
mkconstruction.jpg

Here you can see the Utilidors under construction. For bearings the Castle is the large structure in the upper portion of the pcture with what is now Pooh in the middle left. So you can see that Belles meet and greet and BOG are not on top of the old utilidors but I understand that they have been built with a lower level on the same level as the utilidor. The entire 20K lagoon area does not have anything under it.

What an great photo...first time I've seen this one! Thanks for sharing.

laxchik18

Excitment is rising!!!

I CANT wait. i am soo excited to see how amazing it will all turn out. i know good things come to those who wait and we have all been waiting a while, and we will keep waiting and waiting, but i know it'll be AWESOME!!:ROFLOL::p:sohappy:

jimmyking211

I can't wait for the expansion of fantasyland to be complete. Even though I'm a little sad that most of mickey's toontown fair will no longer be there I think Disney will make up for in it in the expansion. Knowing Disney, this addition will have something for everyone and will be awesome. Can't wait to go when it finally opens:sohappy:

Yodadudeman

I think that this expansion will truely put the "fantasy" in fantasyland. Beyond the castle, there really isnt anything that is "fantasy" in the current fantasyland. The buildings simply look like carnival buildings, and dated ones at that. This expansion will give us whole new stories and places to explore. That will be true fantasy. Losing Mickey's Toontown Fair will also be a plus as well. It was an interesting area, but I think that Storybook Circus will be a significant upgrade. And duplicating the ever-popular Dumbo ride was a smart idea as well. I can't wait for this expansion to be complete!!

Lee

Adventurer
Wow.
Seriously...this thread suddenly started to sound like the Disney Parks Blog. Disney PR could've written those last posts..:ROFLOL:

Kinda fishy...:lookaroun

Captain Chaos

Wow.
Seriously...this thread suddenly started to sound like the Disney Parks Blog. Disney PR could've written those last posts..:ROFLOL:

Kinda fishy...:lookaroun

Weird right?? They all join up in July... and yep, the pixie dust spin machine is out in full force... Disney's attendance figures must be coming in on the low end again LOL..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom