Late EMH experiances?

nngrendel

Late EMH experiences?

Just noticed that the times for the EMH at the Magic Kingdom during our visit got extended for an hour by their web site. Instead of EMH ending at 2am it will be ending at 3am. Also there are two Spectromagic parades that night. One at 9pm and one at 11pm.

We plan on taking full advantage of this EMH and wanted to know everyone's else experience with this and what would be best to do to get in all the rides that night with little wait. I was planning to Hit the park at 7:30 to grab a spot for the first Spectromagic Parade at 9 and then watch Wishes. As the second parade is going on I was planning to go ahead and hit all the rides.

Any other ideas or suggestions??

(I Noticed my misspelling of Experiences.) :brick:

I would hit the second Spectro and ride the rides during the first one as the crowd will be much worse with the first Spectro . Plus you can ride more the first time around. :wave:

Upvote 0

Touchdown

My suggestion for that last hour is to spend it in Fantasyland. By then that land will be d-e-a-d dead. Odds are is that there will be more characters then guests too as this is where they usually are. When I went over the 4th a few years ago I was able to ride Dumbo with Chip and Dale (unfortunatly not in my elephant.) Its really a great site to watch teenagers and adults riding Dumbo and having fun on a ride that usually only caters to the 5 and under crowd.

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

Nice thing about evening EMH (or earrrrly morning, in this case) is that you can take your time and see it all if you plan on staying until close to closing. I'd definitely encourage some serious nappage in the afternoon/a slow morning, but you should be able to see almost everything in MK fairly quickly or at your leisure!

When there is late late nights at HS it's just the best (IMO). Everyone knows the words for the pre-ride videos (TOT and RnRC).. all the 'hardcores' will be out. It's good Disney times.

Upvote 0

Touchdown

Evening EMH at (then) MGM was the only negative experience I had on my last trip. ToT and RnRC had waits over 1 hour up until closing, it was horrible. In my opinion there is just not enough rides open (or even exist) at DHS to make staying there late worth it.

Epcot and MK on the other hand are amazing and must dos for me.

Upvote 0

wdwwdeagle

I agree with PP that Fantasyland is dead during late night emh. It's a great time to do all those rides. Walk-on pretty much everything.

We were able to walk-on Splash during the 2nd spectro last month, so that was great. However, 10 min later, when spectro ended, everybody seemed to sprint to splash for "one last ride," so suddenly it became packed. So you might have to time that just right.

Finally, I've found that tomorrowland seems to be the most crowded 'land' during late night emh.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I would hit the second Spectro and ride the rides during the first one as the crowd will be much worse with the first Spectro . Plus you can ride more the first time around. :wave:

This is what I would do as well. The second Spectro is always easier to get a good spot during. Also, most people with little ones will catch the first Spectro, so it's a great time to hit attractions.

The morning EMH's are usually great, with small crowds. The evenings ones I've found to be more crowded. But from 2-3 AM I can't imagine too many people will still be there. I have never stayed past 1:30. Bring some caffeine to keep you awake! :animwink:

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

One of my fondest memories is having a hot dog with my two sons at Casey's about 2 a.m. as the park was closing. (Then, at least, Casey's was open until 15-20 minutes after the park 'closed'.) (My wife, had long since headed back to the WL and sleep.

We got back to the lodge and hit Roaring Forks, (it used to be open all night, although the grill quit about midnight) and we got some chocolate cake and headed up and ate our desert in one of those little alcoves.

Finally got back tot he room sometime around 3.

Late night at MK is extremely good. Very extremely good.

Upvote 0

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
IMO I've found that...

Evening EMH tend to be hit or miss - sometimes low crowds and worth it and some times more crowded than regular hours and definitely not worth it.

Morning EMH however are ALWAYS light on crowds and easy to nail all your favorite rides (that are open of course) before the "regular" crowd comes in.

Upvote 0

Bigeagle

Our experience with EMH has been limited to evening, and only at the Magic Kingdom. If you've still got energy to burn, the time can be a lot of fun given smaller crowds and cooler weather (especially summertime). Our daughters really got a kick out of staying up waayyy later than they ever get to at home.

One thing I noted, however. While many of the favorite and popular rides stay open during EMH, most of the food/drink counters do not. It can be a little tough to find a drink or snack in the wee hours of the morning. Hope this observation is helpful...enjoy your EMH time!

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Every time we have tried EEMH at Epcot we have encountered what has been called unusually high guest numbers, with the resultant impact on attractions.

Upvote 0

MagicMegan

I don't do morning EMH, because I like to sleep lol. But I always try to do the evening ones. MK always seems best to me because it is so late, and most familys with little kids don't stay the whole time.I tend to spend the first half of EMH going through stores, and the second half doing rides. But Tomorrow Land is always the most busy it seems because of Space Mountain.

Upvote 0

tnemgif

Late EMH seems to work only if you plan on staying in the park extremely late (at least 2-3 hours after the park 'closes'). The first hour is usually mobbed with guests but crowds settle after an hour or so. The lines do move a lot quicker because there is no fastpass - or this was the case last year at least.

It's overall a lot of fun doing at least one late EMH. It just feels really special being in the park so late with few crowds and, as someone else said, getting a hot dog or ice cream at 2 in the morning. Hope this helps and have a great time!

Upvote 0

etpinge

We were down for Spring Break and planned our schedule around EMH, and yes we had 2 small boys (4 and 3). We closed most parks, rarely had lines to worry about. The exceptions were Peter Pan (25 minute wait at 12:30am) and Toy Story Mania (30 minute wait at 11:30pm).

The later you can stay out, the smaller the lines. Space mountain was 30 seconds, Thunder Mountain was about the same.

There are other interesting shows going on. We saw a water artist outside of Small World who was drawing characters with a broom and dustpan on the ground. They were tremendous. It was too bad some people couldnt see the Goofy for the ground :(

Plan a late night, sleep in the next day, and repeat.

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
Thanks for all the tips!
I think we will be sure to catch the second Spectro parade and also the tip about finding a drink or snack is hit or miss. We will prepare for that.
I cant wait for this night. All the kids are excited about staying so late too.

Upvote 0

KYfriedPanda

The last time we went was during February (a couple of years ago) and we decided to hit up Fantasyland first because the parade was going on and we figured there would be less kids in Fantasyland because of it... We were dead wrong... Fantasyland was packed until around 1:30 AM... We decided to hit up Splash Mtn early, and it was a good thing we did because it closed right after we got on it... That was around 11:30 PM... Of course the weather was a bit cooler (though not freezing cold), so I can understand why they would want to close it earlier... So that probably wouldn't happen to you guys... Unless I'm wrong about my weather-related assumption!

Upvote 0

nngrendel

Original Poster
Of course the weather was a bit cooler (though not freezing cold), so I can understand why they would want to close it earlier... So that probably wouldn't happen to you guys... Unless I'm wrong about my weather-related assumption!

Your assumption would be correct. If the weather is cold enough to shut down Splash Mtn. while we are there at the end of May then Al Gore will be hanging himself.

Thats another reason we want to take advantage of the late EMH. We want to escape the heat.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom