Last Year For Fantasmic?

stevemorriswdw

wait wait idea! You the water around the castle? Can they put those kind of hoses from WoC around the castle and incorporate it with the firework show there or no?

wait wait idea! You the water around the castle? Can they put those kind of hoses from WoC around the castle and incorporate it with the firework show there or no?
They can incorporate fountains and lighting, but nothing on the scale of WoC. It won't fit, and anything that large would downpour the hub and the surrounding areas....

:drevil:

They do it in Tokyo Disneyland... and it looks AWESOME.
The fountains on stage? Those are good cause they wet you in the hot summer sun. Those would be a welcome addition. Also, a parade that wets the spectators like Pixar Play Parade at DCA.

If there's fountains around the hub in Tokyo, does anyone have pics/video?

_Scar

The fountains on stage? Those are good cause they wet you in the hot summer sun. Those would be a welcome addition. Also, a parade that wets the spectators like Pixar Play Parade at DCA.

If there's fountains around the hub in Tokyo, does anyone have pics/video?

I think they're actually on the castle and it sprays the hub, here's the video. Skip to around 3:20 and you'll see the water launching from the castle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq2b32GADhA
[youtube]kq2b32GADhA[/youtube]

There's also anoher video, but I think this gives you the point :lol:

TP2000

Let's face it: Fantasmic had it's run. They cut the shows per week, originally we fought it, but now it doesn't matter. Everyone has accepted it. Folks go to WDW and DHS and never see the show due to it's reduced schedule. I think the only people that see it are those who have already and those who have well-researched their vacation (like WDWMagic Posters). The first timers aren't drawn into the theater like they used to be because they have to plan it. I'd vote for anything to give DHS and nightly nighttime show back.

Hey, I have an idea!... Give the DHS Fantasmic all of the upgrades and additions and changes that Disneyland's Fantasmic has received over the last two years, making the show sparkle again and bringing it up to 21st century tech standards, and then run the show nightly in that nifty custom-built amphitheater that DHS has for the show.

Problem solved! :lookaroun

prbiker15

Hey, I have an idea!... Give the DHS Fantasmic all of the upgrades and additions and changes that Disneyland's Fantasmic has received over the last two years, making the show sparkle again and bringing it up to 21st century tech standards, and then run the show nightly in that nifty custom-built amphitheater that DHS has for the show.

Problem solved! :lookaroun

An upgrade to the show is necessary, and it would be bad for DHS if F! closed for good, the show helped DHS get back on it's feet (or partially). I know people may get tired of it and such, but there are thousands of others who may have not seen it before. I think budget cuts made the show not run 7 days a week. I thought F! upgrades were going to be a part of Summer Nightastic, but I guess not.

epcotWSC

Fantasmic could use some additional/newer stuff. I still do like it more than Reflections of Earth though. In the end, nothing beats Wishes :).

dxwwf3

I would love to see a WoC type of show in Animal Kingdom. Don't have to worry about fireworks around animals and could be a huge draw.

_Scar

I really don't know how they could drain the Discovery River. It seems so natural, but I'm not sure if it is or not. :/

dxwwf3

I really don't know how they could drain the Discovery River. It seems so natural, but I'm not sure if it is or not. :/

Probably couldn't do it there. I'm talking about building a theater area similar to Fantasmic at DHS. Probably less seating and more water area, but a nighttime spectacular would be great for the park.

mickey2008.1

If WOC was at dtd, you could rebuild what is lost, making money. Charge double for the resorts facing the lake, which has plenty of room. Revive PI. And recreate an area that went bad. Have both family areas as well as adult areas. Not the PI of before with all being for one, the adults. It can coexist with out the open alcohol streets which PI was. keep it in the clubs. Win win for all.

DisneyParksFan

Probably couldn't do it there. I'm talking about building a theater area similar to Fantasmic at DHS. Probably less seating and more water area, but a nighttime spectacular would be great for the park.

There really isn't space for something of that size.
If WoC was to be added to the park, something would have to go.

If WOC was at dtd, you could rebuild what is lost, making money. Charge double for the resorts facing the lake, which has plenty of room. Revive PI. And recreate an area that went bad. Have both family areas as well as adult areas. Not the PI of before with all being for one, the adults. It can coexist with out the open alcohol streets which PI was. keep it in the clubs. Win win for all.

Putting WoC at DtD would not generate enough money to cover the costs of the show's construction.
By just adding such a show to a ticketed park, they can regain the show's cost at a faster rate....and recover to earn a profit.

RSoxNo1

One thing that was a casualty of World of Color is the ability to ride California Screamin' at night. Like many coasters, it's a much better experience.

Aurora's#1Fan

One thing that was a casualty of World of Color is the ability to ride California Screamin' at night. Like many coasters, it's a much better experience.
A loss? No way.... have you heard the launch? The announcement screams 3...2...1..., the tracks shake and people are screaming.

That is a huge distraction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom