Last Year For Fantasmic?

_Scar

This has to be one of most poor excuses I have ever heard :ROFLOL:

Come to SoCal and see how many people talk about going to WDW. So if they think nothing of going to WDW where is our Animal Kingdom, our safari tour, our illuminations, shall I keep going?

I mean come on.... all your ideas are just cloning something to WDW. In fact, that is pretty much all it is. If you keep cloning shows, attractions, promotions, etc to WDW what is the point of going to the other park. :brick:

If you want WOC so badly then you can fly over here and come and see it.

You can keep dreaming but I am pretty sure WDW never will get WOC.

Well, as I said, if WoC is relatively easy to program then why not clone it? As I also previously stated, WDW is probably not getting WoC. Paris might. I'm not saying clone everything nor did I ever say that by the way. World of Color is really themeless too, which is why it'd fit in almost every park. Like I asked, how many of your friends venture to all of the Dsiney resorts around the globe?

And what is my other cloning idea since all my ideas are cloning? :lol: I'm actually against for it coming to DAK. And I think people want F! more than WoC, but that's TDO's decision.

And no, I don't want to come to Cali to see WoC. I'd go for Carsland if it really is all it's cracked up to be or the Transformers ride. :lol:

Kamikaze

This has to be one of most poor excuses I have ever heard :ROFLOL:

Come to SoCal and see how many people talk about going to WDW. So if they think nothing of going to WDW where is our Animal Kingdom, our safari tour, our illuminations, shall I keep going?

I mean come on.... all your ideas are just cloning something to WDW. In fact, that is pretty much all it is. If you keep cloning shows, attractions, promotions, etc to WDW what is the point of going to the other park. :brick:

If you want WOC so badly then you can fly over here and come and see it.

You can keep dreaming but I am pretty sure WDW never will get WOC.

DLers go to WDW much, much, much more than WDWers go to DL.

God I hate that term... "such and such ON STEROIDS!!" So aggrevating.

Oh pfft.

Its much easier than saying 'such and such is very much like an upgraded and expanded version of X'

Don't need to get yourself worked up over something so trivial.

mrerk

Premium Member
I dunno, I watched the WoC webcast last night, and as much as I love Fantasmic, I'll be the first one to offer to drive whatever equipment is needed to tear down F! to build the WoC setup.

WoC is basically F! on steroids, without the live performers. I can definitely see this happening, because IMO the main reason F! isn't shown every night is because they need so many performers. Eliminate that need, and you'd have a show every night at DHS again.

I also watched World of Color on the webcast last night, and while it appeared to be visually stunning, I would say that they still may need to tweek it a bit.

I know Iger made some cuts, and other things (the paper animation) was cut because of how it looked, but was the original intention to be a "Best of Disney animation+Pirates?" That's how it came off to me. Based solely on the Webcast, I'm not sure the show is as good as Illuminations. I'd love to see it in person for a true opinion, but that was my first impression.

Where was this webcast? Must have missed it. I did see something on GMA Thursday and I must say, WoC looks amazing!

Next Big Thing

keep fantasmic! and bring WOC to DTD at an amphitheatre. revieve DTD. everyone happy
There is no way they bring it to DTD unless they started charging to get into DTD. I can see maybe a much smaller scale water show, but WoC would attract a lot of crowds and Disney would be losing a lot of money by putting it in a place where people can come and watch it for free. Basically, it'll never happen.

RSoxNo1

Quote=RSoxNo1
Oh pfft.

Its much easier than saying 'such and such is very much like an upgraded and expanded version of X'

Don't need to get yourself worked up over something so trivial.[/QUOTE]

While I agree it's trivial, it's so overused - and is used in favor of actual analysis. Then everyone thinks... "Well, I like Fantasmic... I'll love this - as long as there's no grand jury testimony we should be good."

s8film40

and you expect it to fit in the lake fantasmic is in that is almost 3 times as small of the lagoon at DCA that WOC uses.

Here is a comparison

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Could you expand DHS F! area? Sure but where are the control booths going to go? Water will spraying all onto the road. The road is too close. Natural water way next door. Even if you do expand it, it is still way too small
That looks like plenty of room to me. You have to keep in mind they used the area they had at DCA and filled it, the lake was already there. Once you take the island out maybe move the water back a little and reconfigure the show it will fit very nicely. As far as costs go they already have a head start all of the existing Fantasmic! stuff could be utilized, control booth, bleachers, gas lines, water jets, etc. I wouldn't expect it to be as good as DCA version but that's pretty much how everything goes at WDW.

There is no way they bring it to DTD unless they started charging to get into DTD. I can see maybe a much smaller scale water show, but WoC would attract a lot of crowds and Disney would be losing a lot of money by putting it in a place where people can come and watch it for free. Basically, it'll never happen.

Not WoC, but they have explored doing a lake or other night-time show to fill the massive void they've created. I have no idea if they were encouraged by any of the blue sky plans or if its moving forward.

Kamikaze

DTD used to have free nightly fireworks, you know.

I am in way comparing those to WoC, or saying that WoC would ever be brought to DTD (no possible way for them to drain the lake) - but there will probably be something there, eventually, even if its something more akin to the Electrical Water Pageant.

imagineer boy

I am in way comparing those to WoC, or saying that WoC would ever be brought to DTD (no possible way for them to drain the lake) - but there will probably be something there, eventually, even if its something more akin to the Electrical Water Pageant.

I think it would be cool for DTD to get a fountain show, but a smaller and more conservative yet still very impressive one like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDH7veM5vbk

Missing20K

You mean in addition to the fireworks from Pleasure Island's nightly New Years celebration fireworks?

stevemorriswdw

I mean yea Fantasmic is really good but I would love to see World Of Color come to Disney World. If that were to happen they have to expand the lake that holds fantasmic. If it is the last season I'm going to be down there for it. I'm going down from July 19th till July 26th. Can't wait :p

stevemorriswdw

Can it be possible if they can put WoC in Epcot's lake? I mean its called WORLD of Color. They put a twist into it using what Epcot has to offer and some Disney ideals into it. I say a mixture of Epcot ideals and Disney ideals.

Chape19714

You mean in addition to the fireworks from Pleasure Island's nightly New Years celebration fireworks?

I was about to mention that. Back when DTD had nightly fireworks, PI charged for admission to the Island itself, and turnstiles were located at both entrances. You could see the show from Marketplace and later West Side, but that's like saying you can see Magic Kingdom fireworks for free from the hotels. Not what the show was designed for.

Can it be possible if they can put WoC in Epcot's lake? I mean its called WORLD of Color. They put a twist into it using what Epcot has to offer and some Disney ideals into it. I say a mixture of Epcot ideals and Disney ideals.

You have to remember that World of Color required a HUGE viewing area to be built to ensure the best angle. Although you can physically look at it from a 360 angle, it's not designed for that, where Illuminations is fully designed for 360 viewing around the lagoon. That's very important for the crowds Epcot gets, and the restaurants that overlook the lagoon who benefit from the show. Also World of Color NEEDS to have a concrete bottom-lake for it to operate correctly and Disney to be able to maintain it. That issue rules out DAK, Epcot, and DTD. (I guess we could make world of color Jr. on Echo lake if keeping fantasmic is that vital.)

Let's face it: Fantasmic had it's run. They cut the shows per week, originally we fought it, but now it doesn't matter. Everyone has accepted it. Folks go to WDW and DHS and never see the show due to it's reduced schedule. I think the only people that see it are those who have already and those who have well-researched their vacation (like WDWMagic Posters). The first timers aren't drawn into the theater like they used to be because they have to plan it. I'd vote for anything to give DHS and nightly nighttime show back.

Missing20K

I'm confused by the question mark. I was just curious if you were referring to the fireworks that PI use to put on for the "new years" thing or if there used to be another fireworks show somewhere else around DTD. Simple misunderstanding, as I had never heard of DTD having their own fireworks, other than the PI ones, which I guess is DTD. I guess I answered my own question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom