Last minute trip 1/22 - 1/24...just booked!

I had to come post here quickly because I am so excited...here's the backstory:

My mom has multiple health problems, and is going in for major back and neck surgery on Tuesday. She's understandably stressed about the whole thing, and has been incredibly down in the dumps. Her recovery, which could take months, and could also result in follow up surgery, is daunting, and I've been worried about her emotionally because it's a major surgery and she is really worried about it.

So -

This afternoon I got a crazy idea in my head...we haven't been to WDW since May 2008, and money's tight, so we were just recently thinking about possibly going in August 2011...quite a bit in the future.

I thought what harm could there be in just SEEING what's out there...well lo and behold, AirTran had fares for $150 roundtrip apiece...and then I got a rental car for $10 a day on Priceline...and the Doubletree in DTD for $49 a night...

We're leaving in the morning :D

Best part is, apparently we can get our Visa Rewards at Guest Relations...my mom has enough to pay for our park tickets and then some on there. It's only too bad that we didn't think to try for the free day in the parks for volunteering...we both volunteer at a local library that is a participating organization. Still, though, we're doing really well.

Leaving tomorrow at 11, arriving in Orlando at 5 (no non-stop flights, unfortunately), spending the evening in DTD. Saturday, doing DHS, Epcot (for SSE + Soarin only, probably) and spending the rest of the day (open til 10) at MK. Sunday morning, breakfast, then back home in time for her to relax and go for her surgery Tuesday. Because of the Visa Rewards, the entire trip is costing us $400 total for both of us..including airfare, rental care, and hotel. I am ridiculously excited, and so is she!!

I have some packing to do, but I wanted to share this because I'm going to take a ton of pictures and post my first trip report when I get home...so excited :D

msbuzzlightyear

That's great, we did a spur of the moment trip in 07 and it turned out to be one of our most magical times. Booked our trip for Dec 2010 today and look forward to planning next 10 months. Have fun and good luck to your mom.:wave:

PeoplemoverTTA

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone, for the well-wishes and prayers :). We had a GREAT time, and I'm gonna get my pictures up as soon as possible. My mom's surgery is tomorrow morning...I know everything will be fine and she's in good hands :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom