Last Imagineering Home Run at Florida Resorts

Thunder Fan

Original Poster
Would you consider 7DMT a home run? I love the ride but to me it just seems so short - just an additional scene would seem to bring it to home run level.

My vote would be for ToT...

Tom

Beta Return
Tower of Terror (WDW version) will always hold first place, for me, as far as being the pinnacle of Imagineering's capabilities. Fully themed. No sight line issues at all. Intense thrill ride based on a very basic amusement ride. No expenses spared. And it's the most versatile attraction yet.

The mere thought of them overlaying it with comic book rubbish makes me sick to my stomach. It would be a disgrace to the ride and everyone who worked on it.

cheezbat

As in new attraction? Tower of Terror.
Test Track was so much less than anticipated, Dinosaur paled in comparison to Indy, Everest has the Disco Yeti, Mission Space was an overall failure, Rock N Roller Coaster is an off the shelf ride, Mermaid and Seven Dwarf Mine Train were too short, Midway Mania is a glorified video game. Soarin's film is filthy.

I'm really hoping Pandora has more to offer, and Star Wars land wows.

I find it pretty sad that in the last twenty years the only new rides that have truly wowed me can only be found at Universal.

rodserling27

Another vote here for Tower of Terror! Pure perfection in every way. And, might I add, a ride that doesn't lose its luster if something (inevitably) goes out of whack. Brilliant design. When the in-ride photos don't work, or the sound doesn't synch properly, it's not as bad as something like Disco Yeti or a down AA.

7DMT isn't a home run - it's a stand-up double for sure. Maybe even a triple, based on an error in the outfield. But not a homer.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think imagineers did a pretty creative job of overlaying Test Track into "Tron Track" IMHO.

Especially if they were limited to a budget and told that they could only overlay what was already there... Then they did a MAGNIFICENT job.

Chef Mickey

ToT is probably the greatest ride Disney ever built, but Everest would have been close with a consistently working Yeti.

Midway Mania is a lazy, uninspiring computer game this is absolutely fun, but doesn't approach the imagineering prowess of a ToT or EE.

Kate F

While I do think ToT is an overall superior ride, I would still consider Everest the last great addition to any of the parks. Sure, the Disco Yeti is a bummer, but it's still a very fun, well-themed coaster regardless. Even if it's not as good of a ride as ToT, I still think that it is definitely a home run.

I will never understand the love for Midway Mania.

Though the animatronics on 7DMT are spectacular, its not as thrilling nor as long as I'd hoped it would be.
so I guess the last home run in my opinion would be: Tower of Terror or Rock n' Roller coaster

imagineer boy

Tower of Terror was not just a homerun, but a grand slam. Everything about it is perfect, I would not change a thing.

Everest while definitely a great ride I do have problems with. I personally feel it should be longer plus I felt the build up to the Yeti AA was never that great. Plus I always hated the cartoonish Yeti projection. I'd consider it more of a triple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom