Last Imagineering Home Run at Florida Resorts

surfsupdon

No hating. Just agreeing. Absolutely.
And I understand it uses screens during the course of the ride, but it blends them seamlessly with real sets, animatronics, and actually scary scenes in a fast paced, lengthy, ridiculously fun ride. Not to mention the entire Hogsmeade section and Hogwarts itself are an extension of the actual ride, much like Sunset Blvd and the Hotel are an extension of the ToT experience. I have not seen this replicated in other attractions since.

KordovaJD

I gotta go with TOT, even after all these years.

7D is just another version of BTM, no real difference. Also, if you've ever been to Six Flags in Texas, they've had the "mine train" concept there since the late 60's.

AshaNeOmah

My opinion for each park:

The original 7DMT without the removed track sections, a real mountain, would have been a home run. As it stands, it's just a good ride. A full Space Mountain refurb would have been a home run, too. The last true home run was Splash Mountain.

For Epcot, it has to be Soarin'. Otherwise, Epcot has never had a home run. I loved WoM, Horizons, and Journey into Imagination as much as anyone, but they didn't hold a candle to the real Magic Kingdom E-ticket attractions. Mission: Space was a much better ride before it was tamed down, btw. A simulator ride can never be a home run, but those first few months were intense.

Tower of Tower for DHS. No question, hands down.

Countdown to Extinction was absolutely a home run that first couple of years. All the light and sound effects, combined with the more intense vehicle, scared me that first time. It's been so tamed and broken down now that I can basically sleep through it. Kilimanjaro with the story line was a home run, IMO. Getting that close to that variety of animals with no fences or glass is really taken for granted by frequent Disney guests. Plus, that last bit got a little rough before rescuing Little Red. I hope we can get some of that back with the Night Safaris. Everest was a home run originally too. Broken effects have hindered it, but it's still a great ride.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

7DMT was a long fly ball heading for the bleachers that went foul at the last minute. There was so much anticipation of what it would be and how the ride system would be... that when we got the final ride it was a let down. Yeah its a decent ride but IMHO nothing spectacular or on the scale of anything i'd consider a home run. TOT... a definite home run outside the stadium, still brings the thrills.... the entire attraction from the library room set up throughout the ride through is a winner. Especially after they retooled the drop sequences.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom