Last day for School's?

chrisd68

Original Poster
Hi

I'm off to Disney this Friday (29th) for 2 weeks and was just wondering when do the school's in Florida (and the rest of the USA) start their holidays?

From what I've read on this site it maybe the 2nd week of June but if would be helpful if someone could confirm this.

We plan to visit all the Disney parks between 30th May -5th June so we are hoping that we will miss the schools crowds.

Thanks

The Mom

Premium Member
My son is out of school as of last Thursday. I think the majority of schools will have their last day by June 5th. My niece has her last day May 29th, followed by graduation June 4th.

DisneyMom4

The schools in the next county over finished last Wednesday. I think the schools in our county finish on Thursday this week. My kids home school so I never can keep up with all those dates!

I think you'll have a great trip. We've gone in late May before and it was not bad.

Enjoy!

happymom52003

My kids last day of school was last week. The dates vary between school districts, but quite a few of the larger school districts in my state are getting out on either May 28 or June 3.

DizneyPryncess

Colleges here are out. Highschools go until June 6th, roughly. Grade schools are about a week longer. It won't be dead, but I think you should be fairly safe from huge school crowds.

baz212

Because of Snow days, my son's last day is June 3rd and My mom's last day is June 5th. Most of the high school's in the area are already out.

DisneyChik17

Here in NY, we don't finish until June 26 :( I am super jealous of everyone else right now haha

Don't be, trust me. Our kids, in the area-- I have no kids, got out on Friday, but will go back in early August, the hottest part of the year. I know they would much rather get out a little later and get to go back after Labor Day, like many districts do.

Prof Ecks

As you might have surmised, most southern schools are out before the end of May, while most northern schools are out sometime in June. I don't know when schools out west get out. As we are going the same week you are I am keeping my fingers crossed that this translates into manageable crowd levels!

purranha

Cathlic Schools in San Antonio get out June 6th, taking kids out early (1st and 3rd grade) and going from the 4th to 11th WL. Crowds are not real bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom