Last Chance to See Cindy's Place...

se8472

My thing is this. These types of things need to get done. Its going to get done on someones vacations no matter when its done.

I for one want to see things as they change, and then see the final result.

Its not that I don't care, belive me I do. Maybe I just look at hte lighter side of things to much.

ToTBellHop

Exactly. They need to get done, and we are 4 months away from the biggest celebration in Disney theme park history. Of course there will be a lot of construction. I'm not sure how anyone could have expected them to NOT be working on the Castle this spring--it has to be ready for May so it has to be done in the Spring. They are doing more than adding a "stupid window". I'm sure the addition of the new statues will also include new lighting to spotlight them all, not to mention all the work for Cinderellabration.

ToTBellHop

I don't think Disney is trying to personally ruin your vacation. Someone decided how long it would take to complete this project and they decided this is the time to do it--enough said. By deciding to visit WDW during the winter, you are deciding to deal with closures, as has always been the case.

se8472

The_CEO said:
Wow a window that shows all the castles. Sounds really cheap. They don't need to do it all at once.

You can't expect them to dot this stuff over the year. It takes time for these things to get done.

As I see it, it needs to be done all at once. Maybe once every few years. Not once a week or once a month.

ogryn

Would people prefer it if Disney shut from the months of November, December, January, February, March as all of our parks do over here? That way they could get all the rehabs done at once, and nothing would ever be behind a construction wall.

Jigs

General Grizz said:
Those who want to visit the parks, paying - what - 60 something dollars per person? - on a potential once-in-a-very-long-time not being able to see the castle? I think they have a right to at least be concerned about it. . .
Thanks General Grizz.
This is the first visit for our children ages 10 and 4. Airfare alone is well over $1000. We can't make this trip very often.
It won't ruin my trip but I'd like to be prepared so that we aren't too disappointed. Once I saw the pics of the green wall I realized that it wasn't so bad. Besides, it's not like we have a choice :)
Has anyone posted a photo yet? Or has anyone heard if they've started yet or not?
We'll be there in 12 days.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
*smacks ogryn*

no closing in December... best time to go to the parks

diddy_mouse

i think its hard to find a balance between getting the construction done on the hub and such as well as factoring in that this is going on during some people's vacation time....however, this holds true for when rides go into a rehab as well. it does not rock when you find out your favorite ride is closed for the whole week you'll be visiting WDW.

also, i'm a little irked at the removal of the bronze character statues (wanted some pics of those)

DisneyFreak529

Every time I have been there they have always posted up walls. I think they will have a wall around it or something like Disneyland. I know it might be big but they have the resources.

Does any one know when it will be done. We are thinking of plainning a trip in Dec. 2005 and I would hate to go if the castle is not going to be done.
The castle is my favorite part.

NCthames

Transformation

From what I recall, when Cinderella Castle was transformed into the cake, there were no major walls up. I remember going to WDW around May 1996 and they were painting the lower half of the castle pink. But they didn't go out of their way blocking your view of the castle with tarps.

Laura

Does anyone have an update on what it looks like right now? I don't mind any sort of scaffolding or anything as long as the castle isn't tarped!!

Will we still be able to walk through the castle?

tk421-sw

I'll get a pic this friday and Saturday and report back sunday. Im going up and I'll see whats been done at WDW. Some overlay I guess. I'll see if you can walk through. Be back soon!

moonmom

tk421-sw said:
I'll get a pic this friday and Saturday and report back sunday. Im going up and I'll see whats been done at WDW. Some overlay I guess. I'll see if you can walk through. Be back soon!

Ok.......guess we'll wait here! :wave: Have fun!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I would think the most we will see at anyone time is a crane (or two) and small sections of the castle covered. Cindy is 189ft tall, there is no easy way - or need - to enclose it all at once - DL`s castle is basically a flat cube with small spires that lends itself to being tented, WDW`s is a mammouth building with differing levels and ledges. Not to metion being the most photographed object on the planet. The cranes will probably be like in `96, just thank god the result won`t be the same!

Correct me if I`m wrong, but didn`t the pink rehab happen each night (no actual work during the day?) And don`t laugh. Or hurl;

Attachments

• PDVD_070.jpg
    PDVD_070.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 127

disneyw/kids

I also agree that if this is your first trip espcially with kids I would also be upset about the castle being covered up. We went in Dec and thought my 4 year old would freak about Small world, but honestly we told her before hand and she saw the walls up and said they are still closed that is ok. There is so much other stuff to do she forgot about it but the castle that is a different story.

CTXRover

^^The current timetable has the completion of the castle's "golden" overlay being completed by April 1st. So you should be able to see it completely done if you are going at the end of April.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom