Last Chance to See Cindy's Place...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Atta83 said:
im not sure they are going to cover the castle, i am sure we will all know by tomorrow....

Well, you never know, they just TP the whole thing and we have to relive the whole Stitch fiasco again...........

aklodge

Man, I hope not! That would be terrible!

YAY!!! 50TH POST (Man, I should have posted my 50th post on May 5th! Darn!)

Jigs

:(
I am flipping out!
The "big event" of our trip is breakfast with Cindy for my dd's 10th birthday....on Feb. 8th.
I can see it now: "Surprise! Were having breakfast in Cinderella's uh--tent, happy birthday"

That box-tarp thing looks awful!
Since it doesn't seem like they're doing that much to the castle itself, I didn't think it would take MONTHS to complete.

WaltMickey

mkt said:
I'm gonna guess it's gonna be a big blue box like in Disneyland

dsc00769_std.jpg

dsc00774_std.jpg

That cover really ruins the forced prespective... Look how small it looks in the top pic.

Jigs

It's not written in stone that it will be covered like that. That is just Sleeping Beauty castle which had a lot work done to it.

Ok. I know. I'm trying not to hyperventilate here.
How long did the DL castle take? Does anyone know? Were the tarps up the whole time? Is it finished now?

MicBat

Original Poster
WaltMickey said:
That cover really ruins the forced prespective... Look how small it looks in the top pic.
From what I hear, Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland is a lot smaller than Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.

WaltMickey

MicBat said:
From what I hear, Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland is a lot smaller than Cinderella Castle in Walt Disney World.

yes you are correct, but if you look at pics with out the cover it looks at least twice as tall.

J

joviacdan

MicBat said:
Today, Monday January 24, is the last day you'll be able to see Cinderella Castle unobstructed until April in preparation for the Happiest Celebration on Earth. Also, Main Street USA sidewalks will be going down sometime in February or March. That's all the information I have for now. Anyone else know anything?

I don't believe the entire castle is going to be covered up. Have you heard this or are you speculating? From the work they are doing to it, it doesn't seem necessary.

Also, the side walks won't be "going down". Think about that - They're going to close Main Street USA?????

I don't think so.

Chape19714

STR8FAN2005 said:
I could be mistaken, but I do believe that Sleeping Beauty Castle is still like that and will remain that way till May 5.

You are correct. They are trying to build up the anticipation for the Castle. The Cover will be taken down during the day on May 4, 2005. The first time the public will see the new castle is on May 5, 2005. Disneyland Park will be closed all day May 4, 2005 to prepare for the celebration. On this day they will be getting the castle ready, and a general new "tune-up" for the entire park. They will also install the (suppossed, if they can get enough pictures) PhotoMosaic's (sp?) on that day. The park should look like new on May 5th!!!

Have not heard of any full day closure for WDW, and I doubt it will happen.

KEEP IN MIND: Disney's California Adventure will be open May 4th, but expect huge crowds. This is the closest you will be able to get to Disneyland on that day, but I am sure they will put up walls and such so you can't see what's going on. The only way I can think of for you to see in would be to Ride the Maliboomer or Sunwheel, but they will probally find a way to make the park un viewable. I guess if you had a room in the hotel, but again, they may find a way.

MicBat

Original Poster
joviacdan said:
I don't believe the entire castle is going to be covered up. Have you heard this or are you speculating? From the work they are doing to it, it doesn't seem necessary.
I never said they would be covering the castle, just that work was starting on the overlay tomorrow.

Also, the side walks won't be "going down". Think about that - They're going to close Main Street USA?????

I don't think so.
It's possible for the sidewalks to be closed. That's what the street is for. Just because the sidewalks are closed, doesn't mean they'll be forced to shut down all of Main Street. After all, it is the entrance to the park. And I'm sure they'll have entrances into the Emporium. Then again, I could be wrong... Maybe I misunderstood that part.

J

joviacdan

If the sidealks were all closed down, how could anyone get into the shops?

From what I read, they would be doing parts of the sidewalk at a time.

Scruffy

STR8FAN2005 said:
I could be mistaken, but I do believe that Sleeping Beauty Castle is still like that and will remain that way till May 5.

Sleeping Beauty Castle at Disneyland had the cover taken down for a while now.

Budke

Chape19714 said:
You are correct. They are trying to build up the anticipation for the Castle. The Cover will be taken down during the day on May 4, 2005.

The cover has been down for several months now. DL's castle has a great new paint job. I know there are much better photos, but the banner on the last MiceAge (MiceChat) update shows a little of what it looks like.

http://miceage.com/mc/mc011905a.htm

Jigs

Thanks Scruffy!
So it is done. It wasn't making sense to me that they would keep it covered up like that until May. Maybe we'll get to see Cindy's castle after all.

nicholas

If they cover the castle completely like in the pics of Disneyland's castle, then they can't perform CSC, which still runs until Feb 26. So my guess is no covering will go up until that date at the very soonest. If at all.

And if the sidewalks are being done, where will people watch the parade from?

rentNdisney

so im hearing it'll be obstructed till april, but would they really do something so radical during such peak times? Easter is in March this year, and thats one of the busiest weeks. Would they honsetly cover up the entire castle for one of the busiest weeks? im kind of saying this for my own comfort due to the fact that im going for easter and i think ill cry if i cant take my 5 bajillion different shots of the castle.

Captain Hank

About the only reason that the DL castle was covered like that was because they were doing A LOT of work on it. It had suffered years of neglect and really needed the spruce up. They already did a bit of painting work on the castle during the late summer/early fall of last year, and even then they cameoflaged the scrim so it appeared to be brick (at least from a distance). Don't panic guys. They aren't doing nearly the amount of work on WDW's castle. I think the worst it's going to get is the area where the "stained glass window" will go will be covered. A good portion of the actual castle should remain visible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom