Last Chance to See Cindy's Place...

ToTBellHop

hcwalker16 said:
Would the scaffolding be that extensive? It doesn't look like they're doing a whole lot with the main body of the castle, just the turrets and the area directly above the passageway.
I wouldn't think it'd be that extensive. Disneyland's castle was completely covered because they were repainting the entire castle, which is not happening w/ the WDW castle. I would imagine they will just have a wall around the castle...and a crane, of course.

se8472

rentNdisney said:
so im hearing it'll be obstructed till april, but would they really do something so radical during such peak times? Easter is in March this year, and thats one of the busiest weeks. Would they honsetly cover up the entire castle for one of the busiest weeks? im kind of saying this for my own comfort due to the fact that im going for easter and i think ill cry if i cant take my 5 bajillion different shots of the castle.

This is one of hte slowest times of the year. When you look at the year as a whole, this is the only time that would make sence to go about doing this.

Now even if it wasn't, this is all to get ready for the 50th. Its not like the 50th is in Dec or something.

Hawk4255

Jonnie-

I heard a crazy rumor that the Partners statue isn't even coming back. Not that I believe it...but that would really suck!

MicBat

Original Poster
Hawk4255 said:
Jonnie-

I heard a crazy rumor that the Partners statue isn't even coming back. Not that I believe it...but that would really suck!
Nope... Partners statue is here to stay. The smaller statues and planters surrounding it, however are gone.

Chape19714

Wow! Good to see the Castle is back up at DL. Sorry, i heard may 4th. However I still think the park will be closed that day.

Laura

Nooooooooo!! Can't they leave it alone for just a few more days? OMG and to think I almost had a nervous breakdown upon seeing the pictures of the hub and now the castle itself!! Can someone tell me what the castle is going to look like a week from now? Will I still be able to get decent pictures? My 3 year old will be so upset if "Mickey's Castle" is hiding when we're there!! Not to mention I just started a tradition in July of taking a picture of my children in the same spot in front of the castle year after year. I don't want to break that tradition already on year 2! I will seriously cry my eyes out if there's a big blue tarp over it next Monday!! Gosh darn it.

imamouse

BTW, aklodge - Disneyland's 50th Anniversary is July 17, 2005 (opening day was July 17, 1955). The 18-month long celebration begins on May 5, 2005 (get it? 5-5-05).

ToTBellHop

Disneyland's tarps were lifted in November for the holiday season, but their castle is far from done. I don't know if they will put the tarps back, but the castle will definitely be closed through May as they finish the theming. Disneyland will close May 4th.

Disney World doesn't really have a choice with this--it will take several months and has to be ready May 5th, so they need to start now. I'm sure repaving the sidewalks won't be a big deal--Disney would never sacrifice souvenir dollars, and since Main Street is one giant inter-connected mall, they can just close the sidewalk in front of one or two entrances at any given time and keep the shops easily accessible.

General Grizz

boo52 said:
Is it me or is EVERYONE over reacting? :lookaroun
Those who want to visit the parks, paying - what - 60 something dollars per person? - on a potential once-in-a-very-long-time not being able to see the castle? I think they have a right to at least be concerned about it. . .

ToTBellHop

se8472 said:
I think so...I figured it would be assumed that anyone planning a vacation in the 4 months preceeding the self-proclaimed largest celebration in Disney Theme Park history would see more than a few construction walls. It takes time to make the magic and they are currently and for the next 4 months creating more magic at one time than I have ever seen in the domestic parks.

WDWFanatic

So all this stuff should be complete by April 1? I think curbless sidewalks would be great, It gives me less of a chance to get hit in the back of the heels by a stroller.

moonmom

General Grizz said:
Those who want to visit the parks, paying - what - 60 something dollars per person? - on a potential once-in-a-very-long-time not being able to see the castle? I think they have a right to at least be concerned about it. . .

I agree Grizz.....it would be disappointing to say the least: do you think we can we hope for some accurate info shortly? hopefully someone will be posting some blow by blow pics of the "events"?....I think it bothers me because it is still considered "peak" season with "peak" prices for the resorts at that time....BUT with that said....it HAS to get done during someone's trip! Disappointing?......yea...but will it ruin my vaca?..:animwink: ....no way!

The_CEO

Let me break it down for you all. The people who go every weekend don't care.

And the folks * including me * who are forking over thousands to visit orlando once a YEAR... are alittle upset. I'm upset.. All for some little window that changes pictures and pixiedust? How stupid!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
The_CEO said:
Let me break it down for you all. The people who go every weekend don't care.

And the folks * including me * who are forking over thousands to visit orlando once a YEAR... are alittle upset. I'm upset.. All for some little window that changes pictures and pixiedust? How stupid!

I had the same feeling when I went and the castle was a big pink cake......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom