Lasseter Taking Leave of Absence

TROR

I'm not one to judge an adult who owns a lot of toys (I'm currently working on a LEGO model that I'll be sharing with this forum once it's done), but having your office space stuffed from wall to wall with toys is pathetic. Like having toys on your desk for decoration or having a basement dedicated to your hobbies and interests are one thing, but toys dominating a professional work space is something completely different.

D

Deleted member 107043

I'm sure after everything that's happened his wife will welcome all of those toys into their home with love and affection.

giphy.webp

kevlightyear

Cassandra's medium essay was really depressing. I wasn't aware of Brenda Chapman and Rashida Jones' stories either. I was also not aware of the Bechdel test and how few pixar films pass it. Really disheartening all around. Sounds like some fundamental institutional changes are in order. Pixar needs a cleanse, hopefully Pete Docter is up for it.

CJR

I'm not, they have been pretending nothing is wrong and that this was all "part of the plan", in terms of John stepping back. He'll probably continue to get his name on credits for a while.

I expect Toy Story 4 to include his name somewhere, even though he did little with it, he was involved early on. Same with Frozen next year, but that might be the last one.

Ismael Flores

I'm not one to judge an adult who owns a lot of toys (I'm currently working on a LEGO model that I'll be sharing with this forum once it's done), but having your office space stuffed from wall to wall with toys is pathetic. Like having toys on your desk for decoration or having a basement dedicated to your hobbies and interests are one thing, but toys dominating a professional work space is something completely different.

I don't think they consider them toys though, I'm sure plenty of those things are worth a bit of cash since they are either original pieces made only for him or promotional items.
I'm sure he could make a living selling the stuff he has in his office.

If his office wasn't inside the studio of one of the most profitable animation studios i think it would be weird but it is an animation studio and his stuff is from the movies they make. i give him a pass

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom