Largest test to date of MyMagic+ will use all features including guest use of the MagicBand

RSoxNo1

You might want to try once more. It does allow AP Holders to register! I just did mine today very easy process and it now even shows it on My Disney Experience page on DW site.
What does it actually accomplish. I've scanned both my wife's pass and my pass and they're now both linked to my name under my account and that evidently can't change. I don't really understand what it was that I did/accomplished.

Burnt Toast

Means that you'll be able to use your MagicBand for Touch-to-Enter and the like and still keep your AP card for things like using your discounts until the system fully launches.

tnemgif

I saw complaints of back ups at attractions like Haunted Mansion.

You know, attractions that shouldn't have Fastpass.;)
The listed wait times for MK attractions have been consistently average for this time of year. As I'm posting this, Splash has a 45 min wait, HM 15 min, PPF 50 min - nothing out of the ordinary.

Tom Morrow

Does anyone know how the first day of testing went? The rumor is that many Fastpass lines swoll to nearly the same lengths as Standby, but I can't confirm this firsthand.
This is fairly common these days. There are nowhere near enough bands out yet to have any real impact.

ibaw

How will MagicBands work for APs?

The MagicBand for AP will hold their ticket media, photopass, interaction with enhanced ques, potential FP+ entitlements and other enhancements. Pretty much similar to your current AP just with the additional paper rolled into one band.

I believe you are really trying to ask "How will FP+ on MagicBands work for APs?" That question has not been answered by Disney yet.

bubbles1812

I disagree, for the first time visitor it could be like having a dedicated virtual tour guide, highlighting things to see and do that many first time guests miss completely... You know all the hidden "Magic."
Except if they make it so complicated that first time guests don't even know what they should be seeing...

I can just see it now. Person looks at grouping of Philharmagic, Stitch, Splash Mountain, and HM. No one should see Stitch. Yes they should see HM. Yes they should see Philharmagic. But do they need FPs? Nope... Splash Mountain, they should see and could use a FP for. But a newbie doesn't know which one you should get one for and thus get a FP for Philharmagic. Well great! They get in 5 minutes early to Philharmagic and everyone else who was waiting without a FP gets in just fine. And then when they see Splash later in the day, having used their 3 FP already. Well the wait is 2 hours long. And they have dinner reservations they had to make 180 days on advance so they have to go. Otherwise it is mediocre cheeseburger for dinner for the 4th day in a row. No Splash. Suckers... And it's this type of thing that Disney is banking on to make FP work. Otherwise the groupings wouldn't be as they are. What a wonderful virtual tour guide.

dadddio

Will people staying at a non WDW resort be able to get the magic bands when the time comes that's its public?
Yes. They have specifically stated that MagicBands will be provided for free to AP holders, purchasers of photo packages, and those staying on site. All others will have an RFID-enabled ticket but can purchase a MagicBand, if they like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom