Land, sea and ????? *Rumour*

HeritageBoy

The only problem with the "Air" attraction idea is that it would cost a significant amount of space and time to be blocked off for the construction of the attraction building, pathways to get to it, and a total re-theme of the areas outside both Living Seas and The Land to emcompass the new attraction (we all know Disney, and they would want the theming to be great).
The idea is good, and it would be great for a balance of future world...but with the amount of eticket rides already under production now (and critical upgrades to existing attractions) disney would probably opt to wait awhile on "Air"... and make it more of their own concept.
Someone mentioned using the "Soarin' Over ___" idea for air, and thats great, but I'd like to see it used somewhere else... Both the Canadian government and Disney have been looking at re-vamping "O Canada" (though I love it as it is) because its so out of date. If Disney wanted to further spread out guests in the park, wouldn't it be a good plan to have them spread to World Showcase (away from TT and Mission:Space) balancing the park out and promoting growth in the back of the park?
Just some random thoughts on it....:cool:

Chad

Heritageboy,

The way we At SOJI have been planning this attraction to de nesteled in the same spot the rumor indicated. the way we see it, it will be build farther back, like Wonders of Life is, and have a path leading to it, that way, it can be built without having to close off any other sections of the park, until the path needs to be built, which wouldn't take too long.

But I agree. World Showcase needs a big Draw. I've always thought an Ice Show needs to make it's way to Disney, they've never had one, and Busch Gardens has some pretty good ones that draw large crowds..One of the countries should get one..I was thinking France...But I'm not sure.

Some more notes:

A Soarin' ride shouldn't go into Epcot, it should go to Animal Kingdom, up in Rafiki's Planet Watch...I see Rafiki Meditating, and sending you flying up to the clouds, where a Mufasa's Ghost scene occurs...James Earl Jones would have some speil about the Conservation of the planet, the circle of life, then sends you out to various locations..Which you'd fly through, of course...

Another Soarin COULD go in EPCOT, but for pete's sake, let it REPLACE an already existant film..like China's..Epcot is practically FILLED with Film Based attractions..Variety, please!

Thats the same Argument I used for keeping stormrider out of EPCOT, too much FILM! I thought the should use the Stormrider Technology to UPGRADE body wars..

isnet396

I don't think disney really had a choice when it came between film and attraction...I would think that they just went to these countries "PR" people said, 'Here's what Canada is doing ...its very good, and inexpensive. Noreay, a pavilion we're planning to open in 1988 will be more expensive, as a thrill ride would be contained within.' Obviously, these countries chose the first one.

Ian

space42

I hope this isn't true. Future world already will have 2 simulator type attractions next year (Body Wars and Mission Space) I don't think we need another.

For an Air based attraction, I'd like to see something along the lines of an updated Peter Pan type attraction. Think of the possibilities! Something with the scope of Pirates or Haunted mansion but with an over head ride track to simulate flight. This could be a nice E-Ticket attraction that the entire family could enjoy.

Chad

Isnet, I know what you mean. And films are fine in the countries..But with all the film-based rides in the COUNTRIES they should offer something DIFFERENT in future world..Not just more movies..

And Space is absolutely correct..to much Motion Sims..Eeck..

Originally posted by space42
For an Air based attraction, I'd like to see something along the lines of an updated Peter Pan type attraction. Think of the possibilities! Something with the scope of Pirates or Haunted mansion but with an over head ride track to simulate flight. This could be a nice E-Ticket attraction that the entire family could enjoy.

I've always wondered why Disney hasn't chosen to reuse this ride system in other parks besides the Magic Kingdom (or on any other ride for that matter).....I'd love to see one of these "flyer" dark rides in another park....especially AK cause it gets quite hot in FL and there's really no indoor A/C here besides in Dinosaur, Conservation Station, and the restaurants...c'mon Disney I WANT MORE DARK RIDES!!
:sohappy:

isnet396

Hopefully you all remember that HORIZONS used an overhead track...altnough it didn't bank or anything....that system could have been good in Dreamflight too...i'm sure its some kind of maintnence prob that is too annoying to fix or to put into other rides.

Ian

Originally posted by isnet396
Hopefully you all remember that HORIZONS used an overhead track...altnough it didn't bank or anything....that system could have been good in Dreamflight too...i'm sure its some kind of maintnence prob that is too annoying to fix or to put into other rides.

Ian

Well I don't remember ever riding Horizons. So I don't really know what that was like (when I was little, my family used to spend all our time at Imagination!, The Land, The Living Seas, etc. and I don't ever remember riding it, though I may have).

WDWKing...I really hope so! Wouldn't a "Flight of (insert mythical creature's name here)" ride be absolutely amazing?! THAT would definitely make AK more appealing to the average "I go for the rides" guest (and me too!!).

disneybabes

Account Suspended
Read more carefully...

Originally posted by mktiggerman
Hmm, it's funny. Imagineering doesn't hold meetings for stuff like that, except for upper-level management.

just a thought..

Just to clear up, the text quoted said "workshop" NOT "meeting." And yes, they DO hold workshops.

isnet396

Originally posted by Rider
I through Horisons was connected to the wall behind you.

No, in fact, in the event of an emergency, the back of the car in which you were riding was slid open, like a mini-van, so you could get out and walk through a hallway back to the exit.

Ian

Timekeeper

This just in...

This just in,

According to my good friend 9-Eye, who enjoys snooping around backstage more than she probably should, there is in fact a new attraction planned for the space between The Living Seas and The Land. The current-working title is, "The Living Skies."

The ride is being described as a combination of Spiderman and Twister from the Universal Studios theme parks. A motion-based reality experience? Maybe - "Dinosour" with a lot more wind...

I can't wait.

Tk.

Matt56

The Living Skies sounds great!

Spiderman beats almost every Disney ride I have been on (no offense to anyone). If Disney would copy this, it would be great!!! Epcot needs all the help they can get. With this possibly opening, M:S, and the new JIYI, Epcot may have something going for it! All they need to do now is add some new countries to the Showcase in the back of the park.

Are there any tentative opening dates for Living Skies? Can anyone confirm this speculation?

Can someone please explain the "soaring over" ride?
Thanks!
Matt

durhay

The Living Skies name is too close to The Living Seas, which would create confusion. I would suggest naming the pavillion If You Had Wings. It has a nice ring to it, it suggests flying through the air, and I bet someone could make up a catchy tune for the ride. And on a separate note, has anyone ever thought that all the attractions in Future World are basically Carrousel of Progress with a specific theme? Like Horizons was a "Future" CoP, World of Motion was a "Transportation" CoP, Spaceship Earth is a "Communications" CoP, etc.

HeritageBoy

If "the living skies" works out, it would be an awesome boost to EPCOT. I liked the idea of bringing back the name "if you had wings", but many disneynuts and returning guests (as well as imagineers) wouldn't want to see the name of a former attraction re-done for a new ride in a new park (If You Had Wings was in Tomorrowland where Buzz and Dreamflight were, as many of you remember...and it was a crowd fav). And Disney's too creative for that, anyway. Otherwise though, this sounds like a great concept...balancing out future world and helping crowds at Epcot is a great move too. Just hope that it doesn't become another vicitim of budget cuts later on.

Chad

"If you had wings" sounds good, but the pavillion is about weather, not flight...

Living Skies is WAY to similar to the seas pavillion, plus the SKIES aren't alive in the way the seas are, birds may fly in them, but they don't LIVE in the sky...

our Pavillion at soji, dubbed "Changing Skies" sounds alot like Timekeeper's Description, though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom