Land, sea and ????? *Rumour*

Al

Original Poster
RUMOUR (or should i say "rumor") :lol:

from Netcot.com:

Details:
This rumor comes to us from a former Cast Member of the Walt Disney Company who attended several Imagineering workshops. Apparently, with Test Track and soon Mission: Space, the east side of Future World will be weighed down with heavy traffic from popular attractions. To counter-balance this by evening out the flow of crowds, an E-Ticket attraction will be placed in the HUGE empty space in between the Living Seas and The Land pavilions. Not only will this new attraction be placed in between The Living Seas and the Land, but it will also bring synergy to their themes by tying them together. While The Living Seas has a theme of sea, and The Land has a theme of land, it's only common sense that they would tie all three of these pavilions together with an "Air" theme.

This seems very sensible to me, as it will bring people to other parts of the park, and even out the flow of people!

:D :D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Hmm, it's funny. Imagineering doesn't hold meetings for stuff like that, except for upper-level management.

just a thought..

JeffJewell

What I've heard kicked around...

...is a clone of TDS' StormRider in the space between Land and Sea.

But I've never heard of it being beyond the "kicking it around" stage, and even that talk was hottest before TDS actually opened.

Remember that the amount of stuff "kicked around" in an operation the size of Disney is phenomenal. Even things that get "greenlighted" at different levels can end up budgetless.

And that's the real heart of the question: not the traffic flow, but the cash flow. There's got to be a lot of "who's the sponsor" speculation before we get to the "what's the ride" speculation.

Jeff

Al

Original Poster
Re: What I've heard kicked around...

Originally posted by JeffJewell
...is a clone of TDS' StormRider in the space between Land and Sea.

But I've never heard of it being beyond the "kicking it around" stage, and even that talk was hottest before TDS actually opened.

Remember that the amount of stuff "kicked around" in an operation the size of Disney is phenomenal. Even things that get "greenlighted" at different levels can end up budgetless.

And that's the real heart of the question: not the traffic flow, but the cash flow. There's got to be a lot of "who's the sponsor" speculation before we get to the "what's the ride" speculation.

Jeff

I also heard that they were thinking about cloning TDS's storm rider. (is it an e-ride? what exactly is it?)

:D

DonickCo

free space.

Attachments

• feespace.jpg
    feespace.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 420

Rider

I think Storm Rider would fit with an air theme :D

Also a thought... it would balance out the pavilions on each side to 4.

gcurling

Stormrider is a highly advanced motion simulator attraction. Most accounts say it makes Star Tours seem archaic.

Your Stormrider vehicle (a motion simulator theater holding 125 people) is a flying weather laboratory. You travel to a major storm in order to try to break it up before it makes landfall. Of course, things don't go exactly as planned.

From what I've read, it's chaotic and extremely realistic.

tenchu

I don't like simulators, they're always too jerky, just make me want to be sick. If I'm gonna be sick I'd rather actually have moved around a bit first!

Monorail Lime

I sure hope they don't put anything there. The area in front of The Living Seas is my favorite meditation spot. So peaceful! Such nice flowers! Monorails flying overhead! And of course, the ever calming splashing noises of TLS's sign.

A thrill ride would kill the nicest spot in Epcot. :(

WDWCook

I heard when DCA opened, that they were planning on opening an Soaring over in orlando depending on how well it did in CA, It seems like a great spot and fitting themeing.

Chad

WEE! Look at the SOJI web site, project 2!!!!!! This rumor is what sparked our:
Changing Skies Pavillion!
We dont, however, have stormrider in it, we make use of a much more CREATIVE ride.. :)

fngoofy

If you look up an address on www.mapquest.com you will see a tab at the top of the map that says “Aerial Photo” you can navigate around and toggle back and forth between the map and photo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom