Land Sale November 18

s8film40

Of course they do- but the ease of MDE is not an issue- it's incredible. The in-park transportation- while not perfect- is about as good as it could be (with the exception of the new time boards that change every minute to a minute later just adding frustration of when the bus will or wont arrive). :)
Airport and internal transportation might be managed differently via Disney and Universal- but to the paying customer- they don't care. They just want it to be easy and work. Disney offers that, Universal doesn't. And thats something they can currently fix.

Note- next week I have 2 nights at the Royal Pacific trying to convince my wife how great Universal is before our 4 nights in Disney- she has fought and fought going to Universal because she loves Disney so much. Having a super easy way of transportation would help take the blinders off quite a bit. Of course, we're using a towncar service- but that costs $. If it was similar to MDE- she would be much more impressed.
I have certainly heard some DME horror stories. I would personally never want to use DME, I would only use it if it were financially necessary. I'm sure I would feel the same about Universals airport service. I agree that the guests perception is that it's all part of the same experience, I think both resorts need to work on that. This new land of course will set Universal up in a better situation than Disney in that regard should the rail line from the airport to the convention center get built. I would assume Universal could get a stop for that, perhaps even connect to it with a system of their own.

JoeCamel

I just looked online about how to use Lynx to get to Universal and it looks like a living hell. I couldn't fathom doing that with my family of young kids and dragging all that luggage with me. I guess if youre a single dude with a carry-on, its no big deal- but @CaptainAmerica has a 16 month old and a wife. I'm thinking that Lynx is simply a non-option for most families. If you can afford to fly to Universal and stay on-site, you can likely swing a shuttle or towncar. :)

Also- I had mentioned uber from WDW- so with a family of 4- 4 convoluted bus tickets would be $8- whereas uber- door to door- is $15. So we're talking $7. Less, if its your first time using Uber.

Uber black now can pick up from the airport. If you are using a towncar service it is the same money or less to UNI. Have a great time. If CA would shake loose his "bubble" and tour the Uni parks I think he might see the movies come to life. Better than anything WDW has done in years. Certainly worth a day or two, it is cutting edge and where you hope WDI goes with what they are building.

EngineJoe

I just looked online about how to use Lynx to get to Universal and it looks like a living hell. I couldn't fathom doing that with my family of young kids and dragging all that luggage with me. I guess if youre a single dude with a carry-on, its no big deal- but @CaptainAmerica has a 16 month old and a wife. I'm thinking that Lynx is simply a non-option for most families. If you can afford to fly to Universal and stay on-site, you can likely swing a shuttle or towncar. :)

Also- I had mentioned uber from WDW- so with a family of 4- 4 convoluted bus tickets would be $8- whereas uber- door to door- is $15. So we're talking $7. Less, if its your first time using Uber.

Uber is not allowed to leave from the airport by Orlando law so I'm not sure if you are talking about from the airport or between Disney and universal.

Personally I would always rent a car for this type of vacation but this October I came in a day early so tried the Lynx because I was curious. It really is only 2 bucks and the only tricky part was the transfer station at Florida mall (it's not the first stop in front of the mall but the 2nd stop where there are a lot of benches)

Time wise you can do the whole thing in maybe an hour (during rush hour) so I don't think it's that much different than some shuttle that makes multiple stops at different hotels.

Now between universal and Disney uber is the way to go sans rental car.

AJO

I think one of the best things about Universal right now is that they are thinking outside-the-box, and obviously interested in some aggressive expansion. For those reasons, I think they will scoop that land and add a third gate. The transportation issues are a hurdle, but they're certainly not insurmountable. Personally, I think the best way to address that problem is a skylift/gondola type system. It would absolutely be more effective than buses and a lot cheaper than to build than an elevated train system. Not to mention the necessary land acquisition and government zoning that would be required would likely be easier to obtain than for a monorail (although can anyone actually speak to this? I have no actual knowledge on that). Add on that now instead of just being a necessary "trip" or "hassle" to get from one half of the resort to the other, now it's an exciting, cool aerial experience.

EngineJoe

Uber black now can pick up from the airport. If you are using a towncar service it is the same money or less to UNI. Have a great time. If CA would shake loose his "bubble" and tour the Uni parks I think he might see the movies come to life. Better than anything WDW has done in years. Certainly worth a day or two, it is cutting edge and where you hope WDI goes with what they are building.

This must be a recent change. How much is uber black from mco to uni and mco to Disney?

s8film40

If CA would shake loose his "bubble" and tour the Uni parks I think he might see the movies come to life. Better than anything WDW has done in years. Certainly worth a day or two, it is cutting edge and where you hope WDI goes with what they are building
It's kind of ironic I'm not really a HP fan but a big part of what I like about Universal is I get a lot of the same feelings I used to get at WDW going through the HP areas. So for me in a strange way it's kind of nostalgic. I think physically WDW is obviously still the same place I used to love, but the spirit and energy it used to have can be seen at Universal.

JoeCamel

It's kind of ironic I'm not really a HP fan but a big part of what I like about Universal is I get a lot of the same feelings I used to get at WDW going through the HP areas. So for me in a strange way it's kind of nostalgic. I think physically WDW is obviously still the same place I used to love, but the spirit and energy it used to have can be seen at Universal.

It may be that Universal now has some of the old time creatives from WDI and that is where the energy comes from. You cannot put a price on experience no matter how many bean counters tell you that you can.

JT3000

It may be that Universal now has some of the old time creatives from WDI and that is where the energy comes from. You cannot put a price on experience no matter how many bean counters tell you that you can.

Disney has some of Universal's as well. They just keep them locked in a cage.

Mike S

Omg..........
vwMin.jpg

JoeCamel

Mine is 5000 rooms with more I Drive restaurants with leasing to other stand alone entertainers and apartments. Makes a lot more money than building a park.

s8film40

Mine is 5000 rooms with more I Drive restaurants with leasing to other stand alone entertainers and apartments. Makes a lot more money than building a park.
Not if building a park adds business to the other 2 parks and helps to fill 15,000 rooms.

JoeCamel

Wonder where they will put those other rooms? They can fill what they have and Sapphire 1000 when it opens, next up for construction?

BubbaQuest

Given the pace of Universal construction, could we see a new theme park in 5 years?

Or does Uni wait until a year after Star Wars land, and then pummel Disney with new attractions for the next 10 years?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom