Lagoon Replacement!!!

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
I havejust heard from a CM about the 20K Lagoon replacement! You know that Harry Potter attraction that has been rumored for so long?!?! Well, THAT'S NOT IT! If they did build one, they said it would go in Epcot. Anyway, the new attraction imagineers are looking at is. . . . ..
tO BE cONTINUED.

Just Kidding! It is rumored to be,

SNOW WHITE: AN ENCHANTED NEW MUSICAL!

Keep in mind, it is just a rumor. A very possible rumor.

TheDisneyGirl02

That's exciting! Snow White's Enchanted Musical looks so good! I'm going to DL next summer probably so I can't wait to see it! It would be nice to have a show like that in MK!

TheDisneyGirl02

BeachClubVillas

Just what we need...another DL transplant. A Villians dark ride would have been so much better. Or even a Princess dark ride. I don't see the point of a Snow White musical with a Snow White ride just a couple of steps away, but that's just me

speck76

Although it doesn't surprise me that they would put in another stage show, I don't really think Snow White would be the best, as they already have a Snow White attraction in FL. From a business standpoint, I would think they would want to use a film not currently addressed at the MK, if for nothing else the exposure.

Lee

Adventurer
Kind of an old rumor.

They were looking at adding a new, Hyperion-like theatre to the MK at one time, but I was told that Tomorrowland had become the leading candidate for it.

Wouldn't make sense to add a theatre to Fantasyland when you have one unused in Tomorrowland.

Gregory

I figured it would be a stage show... But I was hoping for our own, new stage show (Treasure Planet: The Musical...:animwink:)

Anyways... I really was hoping for something new... look how many untouched classics there are... We could even do something like The Emperors New Groove (Funny, good story, etc..)

I guess I'll be happy as long as its Broadway style, and not a kids show with costume characters and the Kids of the Kingdom (are they even still around?)... I'm sure you all know what I mean :)

General Grizz

My response: Thank GOD it's not Harry Potter.

Of course, this is strictly a rumor which I, too, have heard. But if Disney is so certain, why not build it now instead of replacing the area with a Meet and Greet?

If it were MY choice, I'd rule the theatre out and bring it a fantastic E-Ticket original.

But of course, since Disney finds "synergy" and "strategic planning" in making clones, well, we'll just have to deal with Eisner asshat until he gets the boot.

Naviator

All About The $$$

It's much cheaper to build and produce a stageshow than design, build and maintain a ride. Just my opinion...I could be wrong. :veryconfu

Sloan

rumor

I just hope that's one of those rumors that does not pan out - we'll see ... I echo the others who have said that almost any of the other 'rumored' possible replacements would be preferable to this one ...

xfkirsten

As to the old Hyperion-like theater rumor... a theater like that would not fit in Fantasyland, nor do think it would even fit in Tomorrowland without extensive remodel in the area. That place is huge - I spend enough time in theree that I might as well make it a legal residence. ;) (points at her sig)

If you guys get Snow White - cool! It's a good show. It's not on par with Aladdin, but they also don't have the facility that Aladdin has to work with. I'd say in terms of quality, I put Snow White up there with Hunchback. Of course, who they cast will make all the difference in the world, too.

-Kirsten

CTXRover

Although I'm with most others here in wanting an actual "ride" than a show, this type of entertainment is what makes Disney very different than any of their competitors. No other theme park that I've been to is able to produce and put on as many diverse and wonderful live entertainment as Disney. I don 't see an outdoor theatre in Fantasyland as a bad idea at all, if there was an intention of replacing the often vacant Galaxy theater in Tomorrowland with something else. Besides future or tomorrowland-based shows, anything else in the Galaxy theater doesn't really fit in that land. Any show based upon Disney characters (other than Buzz and Stitch which are now "part" of Tomorrowland), would be better suited for a theater in Fantasyland. Although MK hasn't had a major E-ticket added in a long time....and it could be because it already has so many. Rounding it out with things like Philharmagic, Stitch's Great Escape and new, live shows makes it that much better of a park overall. Live shows also have the greater ability to be replaced with something new to keep things fresh than a permanent "ride" based attraction would.

That said, I'm still hopeful for a brand new E-ticket "ride" for that location.

Aren't there enough darn freakin worthless musicals and stage shows in WDW already??!! It doesn't suprize me that Eisner would opt for the cheap 20k replacement as opposed to something worth while. Bill, if your reading your gonna like this, I would most definetly prefer Harry Potter over this. We don't need another Tarzan rocks. Even an ariel's grotto from TDS would be a better use of the land. What a shame.

awallaceunc

Well the best news here is definitely that it WON'T be HP.

I was hoping for something better than Snow White, but I'll take it, because it does seem like it could be cool. It falls somewhere in between what I want and what I expected, so I guess I can view that as a good thing.

The musicals aren't worthless in and of themselves. It's just that a few of them should make way for others.

Ok, that's it. I'm taking over WDW. :cool:

-Aaron

BrerPete

How about "The Nemo Follies?" It could include Captain Nemo from 2KLUTS and Nemo from finding Nemo. Singing and dancing Nemos. C'mon, you know you want to see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom