Ladies--how do you carry your stuff?

Aggie Mom

Help me think...

I need to figure out a way to carry essential stuff. Basically my cell phone and ID/KTTW card. I won't have pockets. Tell me there is a way I can avoid the dreaded pack.

I will have a separate bag with sunscreen, sippy cups, diapers, etc, but I won't have that on me at all times. For instance, I may go to ride something on my own while my husband does something else with the kids. I'll need my phone for contacting them and the card in case I want to buy something. But where do I put it?

I'm hoping one of you has a brilliant idea to share.

mousefamily

I am a fan of Vera Bradley, so I carry a large backpack for all my daughter's stuff that conveniently fits on her stroller and then I have a small hipster (crossbody bag) that I keep the important stuff in...cellphone, credit cards, kttw, etc. It never seems to get in the way on rides even with a toddler on my lap as well.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I love plugging these bags I made because I'm proud of them.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4308962&postcount=3

I just finished a backpack I made custom for myself but haven't photographed it yet. I am getting set to start the design work for bags to sell on Etsy. I need to do a poll, tho, to get just the right dimensions/size.

Seriously, anyone with basic sewing ability and can follow directions could totally make the little cross body bags. It's awesome to make them for yourself because you can do several different color combos to work with every outfit...or for cruises you could really schnazz 'em up for dressing up.

:wave:

Upvote 0

etpinge

OK, "guy" chiming in here. Not trying to be funny, but my wife uses me. I carry a small backpack, and many of the items within are hers, not mine. I am betraying men world-wide by sharing this, I know, but I thought it would help you.

+1

I do the cargo shorts and pack most of my DWs stuff in there, or if I am lucky, I convince her to leave most of it in the room.

As for the phone and KTTK card, i carry it unless we separate for a bit.

Upvote 0
I am more comfortable in the cross body bags...that way I can easily slide it to the side, front or back and not ever take it off and not ever have to worry if I have it, left it somewhere or lost it....I am constantly checking my wrist to see if my wristlet pouch is still there when I sometimes carry one to shop.

I have many small crossbody bags but my favorite for WDW is one made by haiku....it's light weight, water resistant, looks like pebbled leather but is vegan friendly and you can throw it in the washer. I think I bought it at sierra trading post. I have several haiku bags and love them all.

When my husband is with me, he carries the backpack but I still have my small bag.

Sweetpea, I love your bags. They are adorable. I remember seeing your posting of them on another similar thread. Keep up the good work!

Upvote 0

chrissyw14

I use this coach cross body bag, it is kindof like a wristlet but a little bigger and the strap goes around your body; here's a picture, its not very good but yeah.

SAM_17752.jpg

does anyone keep their room key, park passes together with your cell phone?

I'm worried about it touching because of demagnitizing

Upvote 0

Aggie Mom

Original Poster
Tyhanks for all the great ideas, and the links, especially. i usuallu put stuff in my the backpack my husband carries, but this is for when I'm not with them and I need that stuff.

I'm not really worried about what people will think of me wearing a pack, but I don't want the pack preserved for all eternity in the photos. :ROFLOL:

The crossover bag sounds like a really great idea. It wouldn's bother me and it wouldn't look odd in the pictures. I don't know if I trust my sewing ability to make one, but I bet I could find a really lightweight one. That may be the perfect solution.

I'm so glad I asked. Thanks again for all the great ideas!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

When I make my bags I do them with a few key-size pockets raised up above the bottom of the bag with the intent of keeping the room key and park pass away from the cell phone and each other. I've had them together in a bag against my cell phone before and, yes, had demagnetizing issues with both cards.

:wave:

Upvote 0

71dsp

I use this coach cross body bag, it is kindof like a wristlet but a little bigger and the strap goes around your body; here's a picture, its not very good but yeah.

I used a Incipio Stowaway (http://www.myincipio.com/iPhone-4-4...t-Card-Hard-Shell-Case-with-Silicone-Core.asp) with my 4S on this past trip, and it worked perfectly.

I kept a credit card, driver's license, and insurance card with my phone. I've never had a problem with the mag strips on the CC or DL.

My wife kept the room keys (which were also the park passes) in her wallet in the backpack. I kept my room key with me for one day, but it was more of a hassle because I had to get it out everytime we had to do fastpasses. :)

Upvote 0

6laurac

Small or extra small Ameribag

I love the small Ameribags-they hold everything ergonomically and you have room for a water bottle or mini umbrella on the front plus room for a pen, autograph book for a child (or you), wallet sunglasses etc. etc.

The go on one shoulder or cross body and really stay up without falling off in the bathroom like some bags do.

They are great and not very expensive if you get the washable nylon.

http://www.ameribag.com/HBB-DistressedNylon.html

Upvote 0

chrissyw14

I have a question about the key to the world card or hopper pass demagnetizing-

would it be okay if you had the cards in a wrislet/small wallet with my phone next to that or would it still demagnetize?

Upvote 0

bethymouse

Never had a problem...

Well, my hubby carries his camera case and there are pockets for the Key to the World Cards and 2 cell phones. We never had a problem.:)

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I use a crosd over purse.. they are the perfect size. I also wear my Tink lanyard with pins and it has a small pouch for Fastpasses and room keys so its easier to quickly grab those when needed and it also has a zipper for change/cash.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Cargos to hold your cargo?

I personally take a Vera Bradley crossbody bag. (I have small children, so with their extra stuff I need a bigger one, but there are several tiny ones, including the Flipster. If budget is an issue, you can find the same styles at Target...)

Before the kids came along, I wore cargo capris or cargo bermuda shorts every day, and just put my things in the pockets -- no bag needed!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom