Ladies--how do you carry your stuff?

Aggie Mom

Help me think...

I need to figure out a way to carry essential stuff. Basically my cell phone and ID/KTTW card. I won't have pockets. Tell me there is a way I can avoid the dreaded pack.

I will have a separate bag with sunscreen, sippy cups, diapers, etc, but I won't have that on me at all times. For instance, I may go to ride something on my own while my husband does something else with the kids. I'll need my phone for contacting them and the card in case I want to buy something. But where do I put it?

I'm hoping one of you has a brilliant idea to share.

princessmelinda

I use a wristlet! It can keep your phone, small digital camera, money, debit/credit cards, and room key. Most of them have a little hook that disconnects and connects so when I go on big rides that I'm afraid I will lose it I attach it to my belt buckle. Hope that helps! :wave:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I carry my Dooney and Bourke wristlet. The basics fit great. Dooney and Bourke has a great line of Disney bags that would fit the bill for this sort of need. I keep this with me at all times with the important thing inside and when i dont need the entire purse I can just grab this and go and be comforablet that I have the important things i need.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I have an awesome bag that I found...
It has a large compartment in the middle that zips up, 2 smaller compartments that zip on each side, & 2 compartments on the front that are even smaller...the compartments on each side are just large enough to hold my camcorder on one side & my camera on the other & the compartments on the front are great for my cell phone & cards.
I put my other essentials in the larger compartment.
It is an over the shoulder bag with short handles...that is the only thing that bothers me sometimes, but it sure holds everything that I need well & makes it where I have quick access to my cameras.
Plus, I love the fact that it zips, so I can take it on rides & not have to worry about anything falling out.
I am planning to take the bag on my trip this year, but I may decide to try a small back pack instead...I haven't decided.

Upvote 0
Help me think...

I need to figure out a way to carry essential stuff. Basically my cell phone and ID/KTTW card. I won't have pockets. Tell me there is a way I can avoid the dreaded pack.

I will have a separate bag with sunscreen, sippy cups, diapers, etc, but I won't have that on me at all times. For instance, I may go to ride something on my own while my husband does something else with the kids. I'll need my phone for contacting them and the card in case I want to buy something. But where do I put it?

I'm hoping one of you has a brilliant idea to share.

I'm one of the packers...LOL! I can't stand carrying anything and I don't want something strapped to my wrist. At least my pack is a Disney one. :) I figure who cares...you're never going to see these people again and I'm not walking around thinking to myself Oh my that person is wearing a pack. I have been thinking about a crossbody bag though for this upcoming trip.

Upvote 0

vcstr

I carry my Dooney and Bourke wristlet. The basics fit great. Dooney and Bourke has a great line of Disney bags that would fit the bill for this sort of need. I keep this with me at all times with the important thing inside and when i dont need the entire purse I can just grab this and go and be comforablet that I have the important things i need.

I second this one! I bought the Disney Dooney and Bourke wristlet the first year they had them out with no intention of bringing it to the parks but now I find it's perfect! It just fits my cellphone, some cash, KTTW/ID, and an SPF lip balm. The nice thing is you only have to carry it on your wrist when you take off alone, when you have the larger bag you can easily slip it inside!

My love for Disney aside, any wristlet would work well!

Upvote 0

Mrs.Skellington

I have a camera bag that is a cross body bag. It is large enough to hold my camcorder, wallet stuff and my cigarettes. My KTTK card is in a lanyard that I sometimes put in the bag for wild rides like ToT and RnR. The bag was $15.00 from wally world. I really love it.

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

OK, "guy" chiming in here. Not trying to be funny, but my wife uses me. I carry a small backpack, and many of the items within are hers, not mine. I am betraying men world-wide by sharing this, I know, but I thought it would help you.

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Cross Over

Try a small Cross Over bag. On our first 3 trips I always had a back pack filled with stuff I needed due to my son...but this last trip I left everything non essential in the stroller & had all my important stuff in my cross-over.

This is the one I got
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001869IDA/ref=oh_o06_s00_i01_details

It worked great, had plenty of compartments that I could keep Certain things in specific areas.

hope this helps!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

In the past I have always used a small drawstring backpack, but next trip I will use one of these... Click Here It has a place for a phone, ID, and zips open to carry stuff inside as well.

Got one for my daughter who is going off to college this fall at the recommendation of my recent college graduate

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

If you don't like to carry a wristlet, how about a small cross-body bag?

This is what I'd suggest - you can get really small, lightweight ones. I use my Disney Dooney (letter carrier) when I'm on the parks - and for daily use too (if you're worried about spending money on something you'll never use again). It's really handy - plus you can get them for cheap! Go to one of those stores for tweens (Ardenes or Claire's, here) and you'd be able to find one for 15$ or so - alternately, my mother bought a really nice leather one at Roots. Just depends what you like!

Also, if it's supa small you'll be able to stash it in the bigger bag when you're in your group - another reason a wristlet would be handy, though I know you said you don't like them!

Upvote 0

bethram

I'd go for a small cross-body bag, I know Vera Bradley makes some cute ones. Personally, I don't know how you can do without pockets, I'd rather not carry a purse, ever :)

Upvote 0

wendysmom

OK, "guy" chiming in here. Not trying to be funny, but my wife uses me. I carry a small backpack, and many of the items within are hers, not mine. I am betraying men world-wide by sharing this, I know, but I thought it would help you.

:ROFLOL:That was my first thought...my DH carries my stuff, although I do "carry" a heavy wristlet at times! I'm sure your wife appreciates you as much as I appreciate my husband! :wave:

Upvote 0

BigNormsMom

I have always used a pack. I wear a shirt over a tank top and it is concealed, especially since I wear it in the back. My last trip, I used a cross over and found it to be troublesome. I really missed my pack.:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom