ladies, a question...

LoriMistress

I would bring my backpack with a small make-up kit along. When DH and I would go to a deluxe resort to eat dinner or heading towards DTD/PI, I would bring my purse.

LeeLee D

Belly Bag, Baby!:sohappy:

I like the "hands free" aspect.

I usually travel alone, so I travel light.

Lip Balm
Sunglasses
Tissues
Band-Aids
ID/Emergency Cards
A little cash and change

clairew

I try to go as light as possible...a light backpack...never a purse...I have a waterproof Eddie Bauer drawstring bag backpack that I have used for years...hope this helps!:wave:

Disneykidder

I carry a travelon bag worn over the shoulder or a travelon backpack (small). I carry money, lip balm, camera, bandaids, inhalor, sunglasses (mine and my sons) My husband carries a backpack with water, extra t-shirts and snacks.

Stellajack

? Purse or backpack ?

I sometimes carry a pack (other times across the shoulder small crocheted bag only used for WDW) packed w/camera, ID, park pass, lipgloss, sanitizer, tissues. My DH sometimes wears a safari vest (just for supplies) for his ID, pass, small videocam, waterbottles, money, cellphone, ponchos

mousebymarriage

I always carry a back pack but, it isn't a huge one. Unfortunately, I wind up with everyone else's stuff in it. Some of the items I carry:
MUST HAVES:
*My wallet(with my park ticket/room key, a bit of cash, drivers license, and 1 credit card, and 2 recent pictures of each child in case they get lost)
*sunscreen
*wipes(for face and hands)
*hand sanitzer(travel size)
*chap stick
*camera
*tissues
*mints or gum
*contact rewetting drops
*tampons/pads (because we are always a group of people and you never know who might need it)
*motrin
*bandaids
*cheap ponchos(mainly for kali river rapids)
*my cell phone

EVENTUALLY ENDS UP IN MY BAG:
*kids autograph books
*kids pens for autographs
*kids cameras
*half eaten rice krispy treat that DS6 wants to save for later
*water bottles(no one ever wants to carry them)
*maps/schedules(we have been there 18 times I think I know my way around the parks)
*pressed pennies
*fast passes
*any little souveniers they pick up (DS6 collects keychains)
*sunglasses that they are now tired of wearing or it's dark out and they don't need them
*napkins from lunch that DH insists I keep "just in case"
*my DD11 cell phone

imagine_82

i have a timbuk2 "metro" bag that i love bc it is waterproof, small enough to be hands free yet large enough to tuck a poncho in (or stash a turkey leg, but that's another post). the strap goes from really long to shoulder bag very quickly, so it's a big nicer when we go to dinner. also, it's not too girly, so the DH & i can switch off when we want. the usual suspects are inside.

I normally carry a small backpack. I tend to keep my cellphone in my pocket, my camera around my wrist, and my sunglasses on or on my head.
In my backpack I keep:
~ Water bottle(s)
~ A tube of sunscreen
~ My Autograph Book :)
~ Extra Batteries
~ My wallet, with my ID and money in it
~ My DS
~ My ipod
~ A small hairbrush
~ Lip gloss, chap stick and eye drops

I am not sure if I want to switch to a small purse this year. :shrug:

Tiggerfanatic

I've read on here before that moms with small children also carry post-it notes to put over the electric eyes on the automatic flushing toilets.

baz212

Instead of carrying a recent photo of my son, I take a picture of him every day on trips like WDW or even a large mall or my local zoo with my cell phone and/or digital camera. That way I have a very recent picture including what he is wearing that day. If my son got lost or kidnapped, I don't think I'd be able to accurately describe the clothes he was wearing that day.

aeillill

I carry a 1 shoulder backpack, which I don't think I'd really recommend, it can start to hurt your shoulder after a while, but I just switch it around and make it kind of work on the other shoulder or give it to my mother to carry for a little while. It's workable so I've never been able to rationalize spending the money for a new one when I only use it once a year for about 2 weeks. It's lasted me 3 years, and it carries the ton of stuff I bring with me.

I generally am the main one to carry everything in the parks so into the backpack goes: 1 pairs of sandals if either of us are wearing sneakers in case it rains, a book, camera, wallet, sunglasses, water, and ponchos. I know there's more stuff that I'm forgetting though. We carry way too much stuff I think, but I can never think of a way to lessen the load :shrug:

H20Babie

I use a very small backpack, I don't think its even 12"x12".

As for what I carry in it ... as little as possible:

- Camera
- Wallet
- Sunscreen
- Water
- Sunglasses (if not wearing)
- Cell phone

My DS has his own little backpack that carries his autograph book and a bottled water.

I guess we just don't need much :rolleyes:

teej

Get combat type shorts with pockets in..It really is a lot less hassle then carrying a bag around...I find they can become quite annoying

LowesChevy

My mom and I both have a small purse that we place in our park backpack. It makes it eaiser to grab our passes from the purses than digging through the entire bag. We take turns carrying the pack during the day so not one person is stuck with it all day. Having the one pack makes it easier to keep track of our stuff.

disney1077

I always carry a backpack. my mom does not like to carry a big purse, so I am the lucky one who gets to carry everything. I like to carry the essentials with me. Water bottle, camera, wallet, coin purse, umbrella, poncho, cosmetic case which includes band aids, antibacterial wipes, lip gloss and sunscreen. Oh I also sometimes bring snacks.

skeeder

I carry the bags I get a WDW-it's not exactly a backpack but it's like a backpack.

I carry 2 umbrellas, chapstick, a lightwght LS shirt, a bottle of frozen H2O, hand sanitizer, kleenex, medicines, the paper that has my ADRs. I think that is it. I carry my id, AP, and room key in the container (hard plastic case designed to be used at water parks) that holds that size items that you can buy in resort. I hope that makes since.:wave:

JackandSally

I have this Mickey bag I got at a street fair. Sort of like a backpack, but with drawstrings. Last time I was at Disney they were selling them everywhere. I wouldn't want an actual purse, too much of a pain to carry around all day.

My must haves:
Sunglasses
Wallet
Gum

That's about it for me...really I could fit that stuff in my pockets, but the sunglasses are really expensive because they're prescription, so I have to keep them in a hard case that doesn't fit in anything else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom