ladies, a question...

fascion216

Original Poster
hi all! this is a specific question for the ladies out there. do you carry a purse to the parks or just a backpack? either way .. what do you find necessary to keep in there? any tips???

Last year I took a small purse with me, but this year i opted for a back pack. I guess both worked well. With my purse i couldn't carry as much, so my boyfriend had to put a few things in his bag, which was fine. But this year I didn't have to bother him for anything I needed. I usually take: a small umbrella, a poncho, light sweater (we go in january), and like a little cosmetic case with eye drops makeup ect, water, camera of course, wallet, cell phone,hand sanitizer/wipes, mickey ears, snacks thats all i can think of for now. I like to be prepared.

JerseySkiddie

i usually go with a larger purse that goes across the body so i dont have to worry about holding on to it. i brought a shoulder bag on one of my first trips as a (sorta) adult and my shoulder was killing me by the end of the short trip so i've stayed away from them since. i have one i use all of the time that i dont especially love in terms of looks but it holds a lot and its comfy. sunscreen, water, wallet, phone, camera, blister bandaids, maybe a sweater for the evening if youre there at a chillier time of year. those are the essentials... but i dont have kids so i dont have to worry about hauling stuff around for them so maybe im the wrong one to ask. but i figure the less i have to lug around the better so keep it simple in your bag.

KnK

I don't carry anything into the parks. I have by camera and thats it.

My husband does care a pack (I so hate it) and he holds the tickets and room keys.

Eyorefan

I carry a back pack, its easy and it doesn't way down your sholder. I carry my wallet, cell phone, camera, wet-ones, purell, sun screen, extra socks for me and my DD and some snacks (usually pretzels or apples).

k.hunter30

I go with a small backpack. We have a Nike one like this:
81422-1428.bmp

It's good b/c when I'm tired of carrying it or I'm starting to get tan lines, DH will carry it. It's also very light weight, which is a huge plus in the hotter months.

We carry things like bottled water, $$, Hidden Mickey book, snacks, sunscreen, purell, cell phones, camera and sometimes a long sleeve shirt if we think it'll get cool.

maggiegrace1

We always carried a backpack and now we just use A Tinkerbell backpack as Maggie's diaper bag and I stick my stuff in there..

Lipgloss,Compact,and a Brush are required..;)

Oh and camera,sunscreen,water also..:)

WDWKat26

Depends on what i'm doing, usually I carry a purse unless I need a bigger bag. In that case i'll obviously take a backpack.

lpet11984

I carry the same thing k.hunter30 does, only I try to start out my day by fitting everything into pockets (ticket, camera, small wallet) so that I can walk through the security gates rather than wait and have my bag looked through. Then once I'm through the gates I empty the pockets into the bag and away I go!

Also, having a relatively water-resistant bag is helpful on water rides-- I usually carry some ziplock bags though, just as some extra protections for Pal Mickey/cell phone/camera/etc.

kstella

I always carry my blue cotton Disney backpack. I carry money, phone, camera, water, lip gloss, sunscreen, inhaler, mole skin, band aids and whatever my DS can't carry because he refuses to carry his own, so of course Mom gets stuck with it!!:(

Crazy4WDW1

I carry a Lesportsac small messenger type bag. I carry my cell phone, camera, small pack of Kleenex brand "wipes to go", hand sanitizer, pen, sunglasses, Ipod, and a 5 x 7 clear coupon holder. I put my debit card, Disney Dollars, money, etc. in that. It's the perfect size and is waterproof. I find that my wallet is too bulky to take on vacation.

mpoppins217

I've found that over the shoulder messenger style bags work the best. In it I carry a poncho, two types of sunscreen (I burn like bacon), pen, drink strap when not in use, rolled up extra shirt or jacket if it's going to be cold later, debit card and/or cash, student ID and license, phone, camera, batteries, any medicine that may be needed (I have allergies), bandaids just in case (I'm really klutzy too). It's all really lightweight and easy to carry onto rides. And it was cheap! I got it from walmart for about $8 and it has tinkerbell on it so it carries on the disney theme.

Emberlene

I carry a small backpack similar to the picture above. I'm diabetic so I have to carry my insulin, monitor, etc. I also have wipes, hair ties, small wallet, etc. in there.

Kwit35

I got a great nylon backpack at Disney about 10 years ago. It goes with me everywhere, including the parks. In the park, I always carry a camera, lip gloss, sunscreen (sometimes), phone, and if the weather looks bad, a small umbrella. That leaves plenty of room for any purchases. We also, sometimes, bring Crustable sandwiches. They are cheap and easy and keep your belly happy between meals.
That backpack is 10 years old, still looks like new, goes with me everywhere, has been to Disney about 30 times, and was even stolen out of my car once (on my birthday, no less). I found it, the next day, tossed into some bushes behind the Japanese Steak house where my car was broken into. I went back because my husband had a hunch that if they didn't find anything they liked in the bag, they would just dump it somewhere. He was right. That backpack has been through a lot and I absolutely love it. It has Mickey embroidered on the front. I have had my eyes open while at the parks to try to find a replacement (mine can't last forever), but I have never found one I like as much as this one. *sigh* I love my back pack. :)

tonya

Ok, sad as this may seem, I have a backpack and a backpack LIST that I keep in it every year so that I don't forget anything. It's a small, not too annoying backpack that is easy to sling on and off. (and handy to wrap around your leg for Rockin' Roller Coaster)
It includes:
sunglasses (mine and my daughters)
saline solution
contact case
extra hair things for that broken band emergency
safety pin (broken bra emergency)---sorry if TMI
extra pants for 3 year old daughter
baby wipes
phone
suckers/goldfish snack
mirror for contact emergency
ID for Mexico margarita (heeheehee)
hotel key/ticket
visor or compact poncho for rain emergency
money
autograph book and pen

Tiggerfanatic

I have a little Disney backpack that is only used for Disney trips. I don't have small children so I don't need anything large - DD18 carries her own stuff. I have a camera w/ extra film, cell phone, hand sanitizer, gum & mints, a cheapo nylon wallet for my room key, debit card & license, band-aids & a couple hand wipes. I rent a locker if I'm planning on needing a jacket, and all purchases get sent back to the room.

Hrudey3032

Last year I took a small purse with me, but this year i opted for a back pack. I guess both worked well. With my purse i couldn't carry as much, so my boyfriend had to put a few things in his bag, which was fine. But this year I didn't have to bother him for anything I needed. I usually take: a small umbrella, a poncho, light sweater (we go in january), and like a little cosmetic case with eye drops makeup ect, water, camera of course, wallet, cell phone,hand sanitizer/wipes, mickey ears, snacks thats all i can think of for now. I like to be prepared.

You forgot the kitchen sink :eek:

:ROFLOL::wave:

tigsmom

hi all! this is a specific question for the ladies out there. do you carry a purse to the parks or just a backpack? either way .. what do you find necessary to keep in there? any tips???

I don't carry a purse in the parks just a small drawstring backpack.
I keep a small wallet with my ID, park pass and some money. I also carry a small vial for my medication that I use during the day. A small thing of bandaids , some sunscreen and my small camera. I also have a granola bar or PB crackers for a quick snack should I have issues with my blood sugar.

Hrudey3032

I have a little Disney backpack that is only used for Disney trips. I don't have small children so I don't need anything large - DD18 carries her own stuff. I have a camera w/ extra film, cell phone, hand sanitizer, gum & mints, a cheapo nylon wallet for my room key, debit card & license, band-aids & a couple hand wipes. I rent a locker if I'm planning on needing a jacket, and all purchases get sent back to the room.

Dont forget your Geritol :ROFLOL:

Sorry I had to do it!

I am so dead now :dazzle:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom