Lack of Rental Car Rumors

pwmini

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge of the rental car situation at MCO? I have read in a couple of places that there is a shortage of rental cars due to FEMA renting them out.
I have a ressie with confirmation and all but am a little concerned about the availability of cars when I get there...Any insight would be great - Thanks

DebbieB

From what I heard, the problem was the worst around the first week of October with Alamo/National. Many people were told they had no cars to give them and were offered free transportation to WDW. I don't think they had cars to upgrade them to.

Gail Hayden

DebbieB said:
From what I heard, the problem was the worst around the first week of October with Alamo/National. Many people were told they had no cars to give them and were offered free transportation to WDW. I don't think they had cars to upgrade them to.
Are you the DebbieB from the "other" board?

As to rental problems, for the most part the problem is over. Happily, there have been no new hurricanes and the cars are back in Orlando.

Gail Hayden

It would be nice if ALL the folks from the other board came here. Here you are not at the mercy of the whims of people who preach being nice to each other then do not have the class to answer a direct email. Obviously, they say one thing and mean another. Also, not at the mercy of a alcohol and drug dependent webmaster/owner.

sorry for the rant, but I did not do anything to receive the treatment from that other person and his cohorts.

DebbieB

Gail Hayden said:
Are you the DebbieB from the "other" board?

As to rental problems, for the most part the problem is over. Happily, there have been no new hurricanes and the cars are back in Orlando.
Hi Gail! Good to see you. Yes, one in the same!:wave:

By the way, people were asking about you today but that was quickly deleted.:lookaroun

Debbie

Gail Hayden

HI,
Welcome, this is really a wonderful place. I am very happy to see you, you were one of my favorites on the other board. You are always nice and helpful.
I did see that thread and it must have hit a record for lasting more than 10 minutes. Lawgs spoiled it again by using my full name.
BTW, I am NOT a travel agent, I am an accountant. :)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Welcome over, and enjoy your freedom from the PIS

anyway, as far as car rentals go, they had some MAJOR issues with them immediately after the hurricanes due to:
A- massive FEMA rentals, and
B- severely damaged car rental fleets

People were getting complimentary transport service on the car rental company tabs, those that were fortunate were given free upgrades for the limited time they were available, but for the most part, refunding the affected portion of the rental term and paying for transport for the time being.

Right now, the car rental shortage is virtually nil, especially with the current ongoing testing of the first production batch of the new Pontiac G6's, 05 Mustangs, Chrysler 300C Hemis (VERY LIMITED), Dodge Magnum Hemi (again, VERY LIMITED), and others within the Orlando car rental market.

pwmini

Original Poster
mkt -
Thanks for the info. I was unsure if I should be concerned or not. My main concerns stem from the fact that we are flying into MCO but we need to be in Sarasota on Sunday afternoon for DH's work.
Thanks again!

barnum42

Gail Hayden said:
Well, let me help you quell your curiosity, but, cannot do that without knowing where it lies. :)
Is it some little bit of mischief you were resopnisible for that got the thread deleted? :D

Gail Hayden

barnum42 said:
Is it some little bit of mischief you were resopnisible for that got the thread deleted? :D
Nope, no mischief at all. I was banned from that other place because I was said to be rude and sarcastic. I am often terse, but, never rude and never sarcastic (at least here and the other place :)) I spent 5 years and over 15000 posts helping others. I would look up rates, run car rates for others, etc,etc.
Now if you even mention my name the thread gets deleted and often the poster gets banned. Ah, must be nice to run a close minded fifedom.
I like it here, the people are nice and it seems to be a bit more free.
I plan to get more people to join the ranks here from the "other place".

barnum42

Gail Hayden said:
Nope, no mischief at all. I was banned from that other place because I was said to be rude and sarcastic. I am often terse, but, never rude and never sarcastic (at least here and the other place :)) I spent 5 years and over 15000 posts helping others. I would look up rates, run car rates for others, etc,etc.
Now if you even mention my name the thread gets deleted and often the poster gets banned. Ah, must be nice to run a close minded fifedom.
I like it here, the people are nice and it seems to be a bit more free.
I plan to get more people to join the ranks here from the "other place".
I'm almost tempted to log an account and post your name there just for the sheer hell of it :lol:

You won't find me or anyone else being sarky here :lookaround

I don't remember the names of the other boards I tried, one was pleasant enough but not much content and one jumped down my throat for daring to post someting in a jokey manner and an grown up attitude. However here most of the gang has a warped enough sense of humour to make life fun. :D

Gail Hayden

barnum42 said:
I'm almost tempted to log an account and post your name there just for the sheer hell of it :lol:

You won't find me or anyone else being sarky here :lookaround

I don't remember the names of the other boards I tried, one was pleasant enough but not much content and one jumped down my throat for daring to post someting in a jokey manner and an grown up attitude. However here most of the gang has a warped enough sense of humour to make life fun. :D
LOL, it would last about 5 minutes, in fact, my name is on the "filtered list" right up there with "dirty words". type in my name and all you will get is stars.
It would not be bad IF people who posted stuff a kazillion times worse than I even thought of posting were held to the same standards and "punishments".

This is the thread that got me banned. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=610573

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Gail Hayden said:
"Welcome over, and enjoy your freedom from the PIS".

What is "PIS"? TIA

thats my name for the other place. I jumped ship before I could get banned, when I started seeing the truth behind it. There's another website like that on the net, that I don't like naming much, but a good slice of our members came over from (myself included)

Gail Hayden

mkt said:
thats my name for the other place. I jumped ship before I could get banned, when I started seeing the truth behind it. There's another website like that on the net, that I don't like naming much, but a good slice of our members came over from (myself included)
Thanks for the info, but, while I understand PIS is what you call it, what does PIS stand for? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom