Labor cost cutting measures begin at Walt Disney World as the company enters Q1

castlecake2.0

Epcot needs to go back to the old model—huge pavilions with an hour or two of content for you to engage with in each one. They still have the huge pavilions but most aren’t keeping you for more than 30 min. Whatever the hell they call Future World East is the most glaring example.

At least they are bringing entertainment back.

World Showcase, in particular, being crowded is because it’s a year-round booze fest. Give people something to do other than get drunk.
I’m hoping with rat opening and more entertainment coming back to WS it helps a bit with the mobs of wasted middle age people embarrassing themselves, the last few months have been particularly bad

ToTBellHop

I’m hoping with rat opening and more entertainment coming back to WS it helps a bit with the mobs of wasted middle age people embarrassing themselves, the last few months have been particularly bad
I’m not optimistic. Families are coming to WDW in lower numbers than usual (and they already came less in the fall), so I’d expect more of the same for awhile.

castlecake2.0

I’m not optimistic. Families are coming to WDW in lower numbers than usual (and they already came less in the fall), so I’d expect more of the same for awhile.
It’s a shame really, they ruin it for everyone else. I had to “shhhh” a group of guests the other day, they were wandering around Canada looking for a friend drunkingly screaming LOOOOOOGGGGANNNNNN!!!! over and over. Of course they were also decked out in their DATW shirts, which I think Disney should ban from the park

ToTBellHop

It’s a shame really, they ruin it for everyone else. I had to “shhhh” a group of guests the other day, they were wandering around Canada looking for a friend drunkingly screaming LOOOOOOGGGGANNNNNN!!!! over and over. Of course they were also decked out in their DATW shirts, which I think Disney should ban from the park
Sounds like you needed a quick pop-up storm to wash them away.

Lilofan

Those guests wearing the same color shirts advertising their drinking teams are determined to drink in every country from Mexico to UK. I couldn't make it past American Adventure.

Lilofan

Sounds like you needed a quick pop-up storm to wash them away.
Wash them away? While many will seek shelter crowding the bathrooms and theaters to escape the daily rainstorm, some drunkards may just be outside getting a Florida shower without a care in the world.

Lilofan

A better way to do it would be to share drinks in each country. (Yep...my friends and I have discussed how to do it without making jackasses out of ourselves.)
A jackass and her soccer friends and family embarrassed themselves when USA National womens soccer star Alex Morgan and group were drunk and picking fights with others at the UK pub. Part of her group were kicked out of Epcot after that social media incident.

ImperfectPixie

A jackass and her soccer friends and family embarrassed themselves when USA National womens soccer star Alex Morgan and group were drunk and picking fights with others at the UK pub. Part of her group were kicked out of Epcot after that social media incident.
They really need to find a better way to do the festivals than the kiosks cluttering up the walkways...the last time we made the mistake of staying in World Showcase after dark during food and wine you literally couldn't get through the crowds.

ETA: And it smelled like a brothel...booze and too much cheap cologne. It was gross.

ToTBellHop

Just don’t save the drunks in a storm…it’s in God’s hands…
A7E8B6F9-A758-47E0-8AC5-0E6709FB421A.jpeg

Patcheslee

A better way to do it would be to share drinks in each country. (Yep...my friends and I have discussed how to do it without making jackasses out of ourselves.)
11 countries, less than 11 hours never works well if the whole 1 drink/hr for the body to process holds true. Closest I can come is grab a drink in Canada and make my way around World Showcase sipping it lol.

Lilofan

They really need to find a better way to do the festivals than the kiosks cluttering up the walkways...the last time we made the mistake of staying in World Showcase after dark during food and wine you literally couldn't get through the crowds.

ETA: And it smelled like a brothel...booze and too much cheap cologne. It was gross.
If there is a labor cutting or shop closures I would not miss is the perfumed filled feel like one can pass out France and Italy gift shop. I wouldn't douse myself in expensive scents then walk and stand in 95 degree weather.

matt9112

No, that's how the world works.

It dosen't have to be....costs can be made up elsewhere , parks could accept a lower profit margin, higher attendance but still being less crowded in the "real feel" sense is also a thing. Put 50,000 people evenly spaced out in MGM studios and another 50,000 evenly spaced out at epcot. Both parks are the same level of crowded...one will feel much more so than the other.

matt9112

THIS is a problem.

Profit....the reason they do that is legitimately the reason you claim they spend capx at all. They overhype everything because everything needs to be some giant marketing machine. Everyone needs to plan an entire vacation around....toy story land.

ImperfectPixie

Profit....the reason they do that is legitimately the reason you claim they spend capx at all. They overhype everything because everything needs to be some giant marketing machine. Everyone needs to plan an entire vacation around....toy story land.
Is it just me, or isn't this a recent shift? I don't recall them overhyping specific things prior to the mid- 20-teens...except for the parties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom