kris allen at disney hollywood studios

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagineer boy

My take:

Adam is the better stage singer. (Although that high thing he does makes him sound like a castrati.)

Kris is the better studio singer.

Since the purpose, as stated by the show, is to find a recording artist, I think America got it right.

I agree. That's what the similar problem was with Taylor Hicks. He was a fantastic performer which is why he became so popular and won but when he did recordings, he was unsuccessful because his voice was rather boring sounding.

DVCMBR05

Come on man, a little inappropriate...Keep the message board about the topic at hand, not about personal opinion on someone's lifestyle. Adam will do great (most likely on Broadway, he's already been off broadway with Wicked, and Kris will great as well). Hopefully we can see some of the AI top 10 at the AIE in the near future! My g/f and I are really hoping he gets a spot on the Broadway cast of Wicked.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

girlface

Im glad kris won as well. I like adam but i think he already had his chance. He was on broadway for mickeys sake! :D So he would have already have agents. To me he already got a headstart.And broadways amazing..In my eyes anyway.

So im glad for Kris.

:rolleyes:

fosse76

Well now that we know AT&T cheated the only way to find out who really got the most votes is for some state attorney general with nothing else to do to file a suit against American Idol for Fraud. maybe Rhode Island's? What can possibly have on his plate? :p

Personally, I could care less. I never watch AI past the first two or three weeks of the really bad auditions...since that is the most interesting.

The point of American Idol is to find the next American Idol...not the next recording artist. Sure, you can argue that the American Idol must be the best recording artist, but the reverse doesn't work. Back in the day, records were actually there to support the artist's concert tour...more like a souvenir...now it's the reverse where the concert is there to promote an album release.

MousDad

The point of American Idol is to find the next American Idol...not the next recording artist. Sure, you can argue that the American Idol must be the best recording artist, but the reverse doesn't work. Back in the day, records were actually there to support the artist's concert tour...more like a souvenir...now it's the reverse where the concert is there to promote an album release.

Then why does Simon Cowell say every week (sometimes more than once) that the purpose of the show is to find a recording artist?

The winner is under contract to produce a record.

From the public's perspective, maybe not. From the shows? They've made that abundantly clear.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
There is an American idol thread in chit chat for those of you who want to continue this sillyness. I'm not sure why these threads can't be kept to the topic at hand- an appearance at Disney's Hollywood Studios by the American Idol winner. I'm guessing that the op or most of the rest of us don't really care whether any of you like Kris Allen better or worse than Adam Lambert because that is not what the original question posed. I can't believe that a silly talent contest can bring out such venom. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom