Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing permanently at the end of September

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ah, understood....well thanks for making meals as they've always been excellent.

It is difficult to make a successful theme park restaurant with unique, "high end" cuisine even if the prices aren't high end.
That's because most people don't like "high end" food. So much so, they won't even give it a try.

"THERE IS NO WAY I'M EATING THAT! I WON'T EVEN TRY IT!"

But...you'll eat a box of cheap pasta shells smothered in plasticy velveeta.

Yeah...

Personally, it annoys me. I'll try pretty much anything at least once. I remember being revolted at escargot when I first tried it (as a child in europe)...but, now it's one of my favorite things.

I'm not saying it's about exotic ingredients, per se. I mean more that fine-dine just doesn't have the mass appeal that it probably should.

Cesar R M

Lol love it, add Panda Expess to China, Taco Bell to Mexico. No seriously, I agree. I would be happy to see all dining chains removed from Disney. The offering should be something that's unique.....not something offered nationally/globally in 100+ locations.
taco bell isnt even Mexican
looks like a bad imitation of tex mex food made by mcdonalds byproducts.

StageFrenzy

That's because most people don't like "high end" food. So much so, they won't even give it a try.

Yeah...

Personally, it annoys me. I'll try pretty much anything at least once. I remember being revolted at escargot when I first tried it (as a child in europe)...but, now it's one of my favorite things.

I'm not saying it's about exotic ingredients, per se. I mean more that fine-dine just doesn't have the mass appeal that it probably should.

One of the things I liked the most at V&A was the octopus salad, escargot is lovely as well though.

jaklgreen

Yeah...

I agree with that people have an instant dislike for food they think is "high end". I do not know why that is. There is a reason why they charge more for that food, most of it is better quality and prepared correctly. The older I get and the more "good" food I eat the crappier every thing else tastes. I can't eat at most restaurants like applebees, etc because the food tastes like garbage to me. I went on the Top Chef cruise last year and the dinners where the Top Chefs recipes. OMG the food was AMAZING! I am not a picky eater but I consider myself a food snob in the fact that I like good quality food. I will eat just about anything if it is made right with good ingredients. The crap they pass off in most restaurants is nasty.

Voice of Disney sanity

I agree with that people have an instant dislike for food they think is "high end". I do not know why that is. There is a reason why they charge more for that food, most of it is better quality and prepared correctly. The older I get and the more "good" food I eat the crappier every thing else tastes. I can't eat at most restaurants like applebees, etc because the food tastes like garbage to me. I went on the Top Chef cruise last year and the dinners where the Top Chefs recipes. OMG the food was AMAZING! I am not a picky eater but I consider myself a food snob in the fact that I like good quality food. I will eat just about anything if it is made right with good ingredients. The crap they pass off in most restaurants is nasty.
^THIS!

Cesar R M

@Mouse_Trap

To be fair, the chinese food sold at Disney is much closer to Panda Express then actual Chinese food. :p

@Cesar R M

When they add a good Mole to the menu and stop using prepacked tortillas and taco shells, I'm game.
Good thing I didnt try the chinese at Epcot lol.

Also, that will never happen.. because I mean.. seriously.. DORITO TACO? what the hell were they smoking?
worse when they name that monstrosity "taco supreme" (hardly a "taco")

I had a great octopus appetizer at Coral Reef last trip. Absolutely wonderful. The kid found it hilarious that it still had suckers!

I had a great time at Coral Reef last year, very good steak and soup.
Funny considering how many people complained it sucked awful when they went.

RichardB

First Post! Just joined today.

After my last vacation in January my fiancee and I said screw the park hoppers (since Fastpass+ doesn't understand hopping), let's just buy 2-day tickets and go to Epcot. We will relax the other 5 days at the resorts and the Boardwalk. Kouzzina was part of this reasoning - I'm sad to see it go!

The service was excellent the first night I went, and the second night I went was pretty darn good just not as memorable. But the food and atmosphere were the main reason I went back. The dishes were done so well, I'm a big fan of fine dining - especially when it is unique and exciting. The two meals I had at Kouzzina were not dangerous, instead they were simply high-quality and flavorful. And the two different olive oil blends you get with the bread, I hate eating bread with a meal (I call it a crutch and get slapped by my fiancee) but now I wish they offered that back home at some restaurants.

I'm tired of theme park food. Kouzzina was a great place to relax and enjoy fine dining followed by a stroll around the Boardwalk.

note2001

I'm fairly confused when folk in this thread refer to Kozzina as "fine dining". The definition, to me, is something entirely different encompassing the entire experience, not just the food.

An image of that Spongebob episode where he dumps all knowledge except for breathing and fine dining just entered my head. ;)

Last edited:

Dads 2 Boys

I think the location does need something more "refined". Certainly NOT Joe's crab shack.....

Also, it should be something different than a steak house (since Beach and Yacht club have that and their close proximity to the Boardwalk) and certainly not seafood because Flying Fish.

StageFrenzy

I'm fairly confused when folk in this thread refer to Kozzina as "fine dining". The definition, to me, is something entirely different encompassing the entire experience, not just the food.

An image of that spongebob episode where he dumps all knowledge except for beaathing and fine dining just entered my head ;)

Yeah Kouzzina is just dinning in my opinion, opposed to most of the Disney restaurants which are trough and cafeteria

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom