Kona Cafe-Polynesian Resort

cococola44

Original Poster
OKAY so by looking at my profile you may know that I am a former Cast Member IE I have pretty much eaten everywhere in the big d world...

Where I am getting to with this?

WELL Of all of the places so far that I have been to (don't get me wrong I truly like many of them) The Kona Cafe truly makes a great dining experience with tasty food and atmosphere. IF you guys get down there, go. I liked it. Been there sooooooo many times. :wave:

The price is great. The food always came out to my likings and they always started the day off with "aloha, how are you doing today? I am so and so and I will be taking great care of you."

gatordoc

Lunch is really good. One of the best burgers on property. I also like breakfast a lot, although they have recently decreased the portion size of the fabulous pineapple-macadamia pancakes :mad: Dinner is a bit disappointing though in terms of the menu choices.

dandaman

They always started the day off with "aloha, how are you doing today? I am so and so and I will be taking great care of you."

The Hawaiian mob: Who needs brick shoes and a river when you've got volcanoes? :drevil: :lookaroun

Never eaten there, though I did go out of my way to find the Hidden Mickey at the bar mosaic. :lol:

BillyBuff

Went there for dinner...

THE PORKCHOPS! Plus the bread....yummmmm

2189738017_fc195998c7.jpg

KevGuy

Looks and sounds great!! We have an ADR for breakfast there our next trip in April to try the tonga toast I hear so much about on the day we do MK, can't wait to start the day off right lol!:cool:

GoofyMom2

DH and I will be staying at the Poly in Sept and really look forward to eating here.....can't decide between the Tonga toast and the macadamia pancakes!

cococola44

Original Poster
Lunch is really good. One of the best burgers on property. I also like breakfast a lot, although they have recently decreased the portion size of the fabulous pineapple-macadamia pancakes :mad: Dinner is a bit disappointing though in terms of the menu choices.

Yea sometimes they only have a few choices...

omg did you have their filet? omg unbelievable

cococola44

Original Poster
The bread is AMAZING!

The desert station is so cute. Last time they had a lilo and stitch themed desert station and a chocolate mickey mouse sunday

NoVa Mom

OK! I give up! Now I am starving and too far away to get up and go! We will try this on our next trip! I cannot do the Tonga toast.(I don't like bananas!) But the pineapple and macadamia pancakes sound yummy!!! :slurp::slurp::slurp: We are there!! :slurp: We are trying to decide whether to stay at the Poly or at the Contemporary. Hmmmmm......?

cococola44

Original Poster
POLY OMG POLY

Imagine this...

It is morning, and you wake up to sunshine peeking through the blinds of your room. After you get dressed, brushed your teeth, whatever your morning routene is...you open the blinds and ferns, tropical path ways and a blue sky begs you to come out and start your day. You walk to the Main Lobby with tiki torches that were lit over night and a couple of families walking passed you with a smile. Yes. Aloha. Among the closest you can get to the islands without the heavily expensive airfare.

You walk passed Samoa and you spot the automatic doors ahead. You stand before them, woosh...the doors open to the sounds of tropical rainforest and water falls. The cawing of Parrots make natural music to your ears. You look to your left and spot the doors leading upstairs.

Going up the stairs you breathe in the ambiance of what you believe to be as a remarkable beginning. Walking passed the store to your left you see the sign to the Kona Cafe to your right. Oh yes! You have so much excitment seeping through you that you must have a breakfest with a touch of paradise. You look quickly to your left and you see through the windows the Monorail Station. Yes your very own! No buses to MK, No waiting for a long time to get to Epcot. No, you have your transportation to paradise. '

You sit down at your table with the meeting and greeting of a server ready to tend your every need to make this meal great. Mmm Pinnapples and Pancakes, Orange Juice...ah yess Kona Coffee. The taste of a fresh brewed cup of the islands. Oh yes. This is now! You are excited. You are eating an amazing breakfast, Disney disney disney...every where DISNEY! You are ready! Psyched! And it was a less expensive to moderate meal.

I don't know. If you like the tropical feel and have a great meal at what I believe to be one of WDW's greatests restaurants...I know you will say "you were right!"

lunalovegoddess

I've eaten there a few times...
Things that I've ordered that I recommend:
Macadamia Nut Encrusted Mahi-Mahi
potstickers
lump crab cakes with pineapple relish
Tonga Toast
Macadamia Pancakes with Macadamia Nut Butter
Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Tart

On my birthday, I ordered the potstickers and crab cakes, and the server brought out a birthday cream puff.

cococola44

Original Poster
I've eaten there a few times...
Things that I've ordered that I recommend:
Macadamia Nut Encrusted Mahi-Mahi
potstickers
lump crab cakes with pineapple relish
Tonga Toast
Macadamia Pancakes with Macadamia Nut Butter
Chocolate-Macadamia Nut Tart

On my birthday, I ordered the potstickers and crab cakes, and the server brought out a birthday cream puff.
::drool::

maconMouse

Oh, I love this place also! Amazing service, great Hawaiian bread, delicious salad, and wonderful desserts. Great ambience too. You really do feel like you've escaped to the islands.

Check out the torch ceremony every night at 6 PM right before dinner too down at the lobby entrance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom