News Kona Cafe at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort closing for refurbishment this summer

DCBaker

Premium Member
Reservations for Kona Cafe are now open -

Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 4.18.12 PM.png

Bocabear

Sad... but I feel quite certain this will be the direction... How wonderful it would be if they doubled down and replaced all the original backlit ceiling panels and made it more thematic and beautiful than t currently is...But I guess that Disney really is no more...
Recently in conversations with many of my friends, we realized we are all feeling the same way... The direction to make all their interiors blander and more usual is causing all of us to rethink our desire to visit... The prices continue to rise as they de-theme the resorts makes our lifetime connection to Disney feel more tenuous...

castlecake2.0

Sad... but I feel quite certain this will be the direction... How wonderful it would be if they doubled down and replaced all the original backlit ceiling panels and made it more thematic and beautiful than t currently is...But I guess that Disney really is no more...
Recently in conversations with many of my friends, we realized we are all feeling the same way... The direction to make all their interiors blander and more usual is causing all of us to rethink our desire to visit... The prices continue to rise as they de-theme the resorts makes our lifetime connection to Disney feel more tenuous...
I’m confused, no one has seen its redesign yet to hate it

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

prberk

Not sure how much this cafe will change yet, but sadly, I think you are right on the overall direction that Disney is taking on all of the major renovations on property. They are going more for the Marriott feel than anything distinctively themed to take you to a new world. We’ll see how the Kona Cafe goes, but I think you are right overall. And I hate it.

bhg469

Steakhouse 71
OMG talk about a downgrade!! I really enjoyed the Wave but we recently went to steakhouse 71... First of all, the only thing worth trying here area the drinks. Even after several of those I couldn't get the taste of what I think was wood fire out of my mouth. No wonder why sauces are included in your choice.. The lighting is extremely bright and off putting.. The most egregious offense is a steakhouse with no ribeye?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom